It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned Obama Supporter In Romney Ad Is Actually GOP Staffer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Disillusioned Obama Supporter In Romney Ad Is Actually GOP Staffer

Republicans debuted a new ad Thursday in which a frustrated former Obama supporter expresses her disappointment with the president. The only problem: The woman in the video is actually an RNC staffer.

The new ad features Republican National Committee Director of Hispanic Outreach Bettina Inclan, who in the ad purports to be an average woman voter who supported Obama in 2008. She describes her disillusionment with the president in the ad as a romantic relationship gone awry.

[snip]

The RNC says its ad, which first appeared on television Thursday is not dishonest.

[snip]

Inclan began her current RNC post in January 2012, and has worked in Republican politics since well before Obama’s 2008 election. She did Hispanic outreach for Rick Scott’s 2010 Florida gubernatorial race worked on Capitol Hill for Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) and as national executive director of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly.

Photo: Bettina Inclan, Republican staffer, when she's not pretending to be something else on TV.

Another rank-and-file GOP staffer doing what they do best: Lying. I guess the RNC really thought no one would notice this "disillusioned Obama supporter" is in reality a long time Republican staffer, who worked on several Republican campaigns. The RNC has been reduced to nothing but lies and deceptions.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Doesn't this type of stuff happen often?

From both sides?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is politics I am afraid to say.

Lying
Fraud
False promises
Deception
corruption
.Representative?

From padding election numbers with non exsistant peoples, to using your own staffers to create anti opposition ads, it has always been and will always be.

Edit: Democracy in anicent Greece, the beginning of modern western politics was rife with many negative actions similar to modern politics. Rich aristocrats bought votes just like today

edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How many cases of this kind of dishonesty and fraud will people have to be presented with before they realize their parties have been hijacked by criminals? I wouldn't ask anyone to abandon their parties, I would ask them to clean out those parties from the inside out. All you proud Republicans and Democrats, why don't you preserve your party's reputation by punishing those who knowingly tarnish it?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Dear Blackmarketeer,

I try not to think badly of people if i can help it, may I suggest an alternative explanation?

Obama won significantly, by what, 6 points? He was an unusual candidate and attracted lots of support among women and minorities, heck, even some Republicans voted for him.

Is it possible that she was a Republican but was one of the many swept up in the excitement of his campaign and now regrets it? I don't know. I just like looking for alternatives. As you know from reading your source there isn't any evidence there (or even an allegation) that she worked against Obama.

You would think an article that is based on the premise that she lied about being an Obama supporter would at least touch on the subject.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My totally non partisan thought here...

Are they ( the politicians and their advisors ) so convinced of American stupidity that they aren't even trying any more???

I mean, 'cmon, at least NIxon tried to bury Watergate. He assumed that the citizens were smart enough to warrant a defense and cover up strategy. These days it's like they don't even care about high quality corruption any longer. This is like McDonalds level corruption.

Sad. So very sad.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

A lot of Americans have trouble finding Canada on the Map.....

2nd

Disclaimer: This is not my actual wide sweeping assumption, but certainly makes for good comedic television

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The woman in the ad claiming to have been an Obama supporter is Bettina Inclan. Her credentials are:

- Republican National Committee Director of Hispanic Outreach
- Rick Scott’s 2010 Florida gubernatorial campaign staffer
- Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL) Aide
- Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) Aide
- National Executive Director of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly

Bettina G. Inclán, Congressional Staffer - Salary Data
(legistorm.com)

Her Congressional Staffer pay record shows she has been a Republican paid staffer dating back to 2003.

Now, how does that correlate with her being an "Obama voter" circa 2008? It obviously doesn't. She lied and the ad is an embarrasment to the Romney campaign. They have nothing of substance to run on, so they use phonies like this Bettina Inclan to pretend to be something they're not.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Doesn't this type of stuff happen often?
From both sides?

Yep. Just last week we had a thread here about how one of the people in an Obama ad, was actually a democrat pretending to be a disillusioned republican ....

Republican/Democrat = same/same

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Dear Blackmarketeer,

Thank you very much for the additional information. I really appreciate it.
That's why I'm grateful whenever you show up. I wonder why the Republicans did that? After all it didn't take very long to catch the two fraudulent "I used to be a Republican." actresses. You'd think they'd learn. Or perhaps they thought that since the media didn't make any fuss over the two women "misstating the facts" in the Obama ad, nobody would care if the Republicans did it, too.

Nah, not even Republicans are that dumb.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Charles, that was my first thought too. She wouldn't be the only Republican to be fooled by Barack's innocent sounding ways while campaigning. Either that or she may have been hypnotized by his "a light will shine down on you, and you will experience an epiphany, and you will have to vote for Barack" speech. Now she is thinking, what in the world was I thinking....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The most recent end-date on that graph is 7-8-08. So from July to November, she still would have had time to register as a Democrat and vote for Barack. Or she could have secretly supported him even without switching parties. She could have supported him and yet not voted for him. It's not like Democrats don't switch parties sometimes just to skew the Republican primaries.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well which is it - she was a Republican staffer all the way back to 2003, or an Obama supporter in 2008? Which version you believe depends on just how much of a mental contortionist you are willing to become to believe the ad as it is presented. Or you can look at reality - which is she is simply lying in a clumsily-executed campaign ad.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
As Hefficide mentioned a few posts ago, this is really not a significant "scandal." It's being made to look like one, but when everything your opponent does is a "scandal," the word loses any meaning. That makes you immune to be accused of being involved in a true scandal, because there's no such thing anymore.

Without being partisan, it is safe to say governments have been involved in significant "cover-ups," payments to friends, and miscarriages of justice. I have a little bet with myself. Will these issues and other significant ones, be discussed before the elections, or will be inundated with nits to pick in order to avoid real issues?

My current odds are 11-5 in favor of the nit picking campaign. Anyone want to offer other odds?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Let it leak that Canada has oil fields and every American will be able to find Canada on the map - as most of us will have relatives stationed there for operation "Liberate The Poor Canucks - sponsored By Exxon and Haliburton"!

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Well which is it - she was a Republican staffer all the way back to 2003, or an Obama supporter in 2008? Which version you believe depends on just how much of a mental contortionist you are willing to become to believe the ad as it is presented. Or you can look at reality - which is she is simply lying in a clumsily-executed campaign ad.

I just told you that she could have become enamored with Obama even while working as a Repub staffer and then at the end of her position she could have registered as a Democrat. There is nothing in that listing to suggest she was still registered as a Republican in November. She could easily have realized by 2010 that Obama was not the centrist he appeared to be.
edit on 6-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just more lies and deception from the GOP. I find it ironic that one of the points she's "breaking up" with him over is the fact that he takes a vacation day or two. Oh how easily the GOP forgets that GW set the record for the most vacation days out of any president - including Obama - at 1020 days of vacation during his 8 year term.

To put that in perspective, out of the 8 years, he was on vacation for 2.8 years, or 35% of the time.

politic365.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hahaha touche my friend.

God forbid the headlines "Canada producing Weapons of Mass destruction". Besides, America has pretty much annexed Canada through business and industry.

You and I are almost as good as fellow nationals.

"Amerianda" we will call it, and utilize the "Amero" as our currency. I am only half joking

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

"Amerianda" we will call it, and utilize the "Amero" as our currency. I am only half joking

Throw Mexico in there and a "strategic trade corridor", all overseen by our friendly neighborhood IMF, and you wouldn't be joking at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hello kids! I know that this will blow all the conspiracy theory ladened minds out there, but what you see on television... isn't necessarily real...

I know, that's some kind of wacked out radical thinking there!, but...it's true. They really do hire actors to make commercials and ads. BTW, those people on Star Trek...they aren't really on a spaceship, either... They're actors...

It's not a conspiracy, it's just how professionals make really slick and effective ads.

One might wonder why you would take them that seriously, anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join