It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group claiming to have Romney tax records threatens to leak them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow! This takes some guts and a high degree of stupidity....Extortion is a no no... Must be Assange playing a little joke from the comfort of his self induced exile

An anonymous group says it stole copies of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s tax records and will release them unless the company it stole them from pays $1 million.

The Secret Service said it is investigating, and the company said there is no immediate sign that any such theft took place.

“Using your office” in Franklin, Tennessee, the group tells PricewaterhouseCoopers in an online posting, “we were able to gain access to your network file servers and copy over the tax documents for one Willard M Romney and Ann D Romney.”

It threatens to send encrypted copies to “all major news outlets” and warns, “If the parties interested do not want the encrypted key released to the public to unlock these documents on September 28 of this year then payment will be necessary.”

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think this tax issue is a waste of time. If he didnt pay taxes, the IRS would be all over him, so that means he did pay taxes.
What rate did he pay? Well, Im sure that his CPA got him the best rate he legally could and the most deductions he could.
If he didnt, he wouldnt be doing his job.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Sounds fishy.

I bet they "release" some doctored up 1040's.

What a controversy.

It will create a big diversion from the economy issues.

I bet this is an Obama Campaign deal.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Already posted on ATS. It's a fake claim.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I would only believe this if it really was Assange. This seems like a scam, not that the company will pay but the article says that if the public reaches 1 mil they will release as well. The public may get conned on this one.

P.s. 1 million dollars, how lame, like Dr. Evil up in here. But hey I guess it's reasonable.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I don't see in that thread where the claim is proven false...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Mods if you're out there close this baby down Please.

new topics

top topics

join