posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:52 PM
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal
interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition." Sir Isaac Newton 1642-1727
I’ve read that in every age people saw signs that convinced them that Biblical prophecies are true and the end of the world was near for them. I
would prefer to disregard Biblical prophecies as symbolic and nothing more, but current events seem to display alarming characteristics to the
prophesied end time scenario. Considering nuclear weapons, modern technology, mandatory human chip implants, and the current Mid East situation, the
possibility of a world currency and government - I personally believe the prophecies may well be true.
Consider the following:
1. Unrest in the Middle East
2. The European Union's political merger
3. Global Terrorism
4. Nation ID initiatives
5.T he threat of nuclear / chemical / biological terrorism
7. Civil liberty concerns
8. Global Drought conditions
9. China's growing economic and military might
10. The Nuclear standoff between India and Pakistan
The Bible says there would be wars and rumors of wars – how many armed conflicts are happening in the world right now?
The Bible mentions the “Kings of the East” marching across the dried Euphrates River. With current tensions with North Korea and China, could this
become a reality?
The bible predicted an increase of earthquakes in the last days.
The Bible says there would be false Christ’s claiming to be the Messiah. How many cult leaders today make that claim? Consider the following:
Sung Myung Moon declared himself as the Lord of the 2nd advent, the Messiah. Where Jesus failed in his mission Reverend Moon was supposed to succeed
through his mission is to bring an age of peace by his message of families and marriage.
Benjamen Crčme advertised in newspapers all over the world that the Christ was now here. Crčme claimed a Pakistani named Maitreya was an ascended
master and the Christ of our age.
Baba, Sai: Indian guru / exposed trickster say’s he is the Christ, Jesus reincarnated.
Christ Family: The leader Lightening Amen claims he is an incarnation of Christ.
Church of God Family Counseling Center: Founder William Miller claims he is Jesus / God.
Divine Light Mission: Guru Maharaj Ji claims to be Jesus Christ returned.
Eternal Flame: Charles Paul Brown claims to be Jesus returned and won't die because of a genetic transformation he had in 1960.
Harr, Brian: Cult leader who claims he is Jesus reincarnated.
The Eastern Lightning sect believes that Jesus Christ has already come down to earth for a second time, in the bodily form of a Chinese woman called
The Bible predicts world famines and pestilences; how many starving people are there on earth? Could SARS or AIDS be considered a Biblical
I. Signs of Nature (Matthew 24:7; Mark 13: 8; and Luke 21:11)
Signs in the Heavens (Unusual weather, new discoveries in space, UFO's, etc.)
Consider the following:
Martin Rees, the astronomer royal, believes our civilization will be lucky to survive the century. In his new book, Our Final Century, the astronomer
royal predicts that we're doomed. Well, almost. The subtitle is not quite so hopeless: "Will the human race survive the 21st century" it asks.
Ultimately, Rees concludes that we have no more than a 50-50 chance of surviving.
In China severe floods used to occur once every 20 years; now they occur in nine out of every 10. The number of people affected by floods globally has
risen from 7 million in the 1960s to 150 million now. In 1998 two-thirds of Bangladesh was under water for months, affecting 30 million people. In the
UK, 5 million people and 185,000 businesses are at risk.
The number of people worldwide devastated by hurricanes or cyclones has increased eightfold to 25 million a year over the past 30 years.
The oceans are steadily warming, and since they currently absorb 50 times more CO2 than is contained in the atmosphere, even a tiny reduction in CO2
absorption by the sea could cause global temperatures to rise significantly.
Even more seriously, 10,000 billion tones of methane (a greenhouse gas 20 times more potent than CO2) are stored, according to the US Geological
Survey, on the shallow floor of the Arctic, in sediments below the seabed. If the temperature surrounding the methane warms, it becomes unstable and
methane gas is released, causing temperatures to increase further. Warming oceans also cause the waters to expand and the sea level to rise. Sea level
is predicted to rise by 3ft over the next century, leading to huge areas of Bangladesh, Egypt and China being inundated.
II. World Political Signs
1) Re-establishment of Israel as a nation. (Ezekiel 36:22 - 37:1-2; Zechariah 12:1-6; Matthew 24:32-34; Mark 13:28- 30; and Luke 21:29-31).
2) Arab hostility toward Israel (Ezekiel 35:1 - 36:7).
3) Russia as a menacing power to Israel (Ezekiel 38:1 - 39:16).
4) Asian nations capable of fielding an army of 200 million (Revelation 9:15-16 and 16:12).
5) Wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6-7; Mark 13:7-8; and Luke 21:10).
6) Kingdom against kingdom -- that is, civil wars and ethnic wars (Matthew 24:7; Mark 13:8; and Luke 21:10).
7) Reunification of Europe (Daniel 2:41-44, 7:8, 24-25, and 9:26).
8) Movement toward a one world economy (Revelation 18).
V. Technological Signs
1) Nuclear weapons. (Matthew 24:22; Luke 21: 25-26; and Revelation 6:8, 8:7 and 16: 2).
2) Television and satellite transmission (Revelation 11:3-12).
3) Robotics (Revelation 13:14-15).
4) Computer and laser technology (Revelation 13:16-18).
5) High speed transportation (Daniel 12:4).
III. The Accelerator Signs
1) Population explosion (Revelation 9: 15-16 and 16:12).
2) Increase in knowledge (Daniel 12:4).
3) Increase in violence (Matthew 24:12).
4) Increase in transportation (Daniel 12:4).
5) Rapid disintegration of society (1Timothy 3:1-4).
6) Signs in general to be like birth pangs' that is, increasing in frequency and intensity (Matthew 24:8).
IV. Signs of Israel
1) Re-gathering of the people (Isaiah 11:10-12 and Ezekiel 37:1-12).
2) Re-establishment of the state (Isaiah 66:7-8; Zechariah 12:1-6; and Matthew 24:32-35).
3) Reclamation of the land (Isaiah 35:1-2, 7 and Ezekiel 36:34-35).
4) Revival of the language (Zephaniah 3:9).
5) Resurgence of the military (Zechariah 12:6)
6) Refocusing of world politics (Zechariah 12:2-3).
7) Reoccupation of Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:2-6).
I realize that providing this information may seem paranoid or fanatical to some members. I sincerely hope that our current world situation isn’t the
beginning of the prophesied end of the world. But being aware of what’s going on around me, I am watching world events very closely.
Food for thought,