It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye knows this! - Evolution IS the Evidence of Creation (They are NOT at ALL mutually exclusi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Even though the bible does not say at all that animals don't evolve or how many years the earth has been in existence, Bill Nye commented that noone should teach creation to their kids. He points to evolution as the evidence of this outrageous claim. As if Christians can't believe that life evolves... Most Christians believe in evolution too.. Just not that men evolved from apes... There is absolutely NO evidence to link man to apes.. This is the only conflict.. Evolving is not creation by the way... And doesn't having the internal programming to change according to the environment take a huge amaount of intelligence to produce? The level of sophistication in the human design and in animals, is extraordinary and not at all a random trait. This level of development doesn't exist in information technology yet... We still have to manually program every new generation of computer program. Also according to Hawking, God doesn't exist because nature and physics are designed so well that life and the universe would have happened anyway. This also is ultimate proof of design.. If we saw a simple hammer lying on the ground, no scientist in the world would say it was spontaneously generated, yet, the have the audacity, (some of them) to look at the construct and order of the universe, which is billlions of orders of magnitude more complex than a hammer, and even the animal kingdom, and say that it was spontaneously generated, and the genetic code that self replicates and takes corrective action for environmental factors.. well.. that just sort of sprang up.... And there is nothing special about man.. we're just another animal.. Even though insects have been here much longer and go thru thousands of genetic generation and mutations in 1 year, they havent buuilt a spaceship yet? No ant automobiles at least....? It takes a lot of radical faith to be an atheist... I don't have that much faith...

edit on 4-9-2012 by sensible1 because: spl

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

Amount of retarded-ness on this threat makes my creationist radar sense tinkling...

Why is man not different from animal? we are better at hiding our lust and greed(well not all i guess, rape etc).

You want to discredit everything because of the only reason that you god might not be a man?

So if i read your OP right, you say that evolution looks like its impossible to your knowledge, thus its an indication of a designer/God?

So... does your god has a designer? or am i gonna hear that "he has always been there" cop-out crap?
edit on 9/4/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Evolution and the Christian version of creation are mutually exclusive.

One has to do some pretty impressive twisting to reconcile the two and it still comes off as horribly awkward.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Amount of retarded-ness on this threat makes my creationist radar sense tinkling...

Why is man not different from animal? we are better at hiding our lust and greed(well not all i guess, rape etc).

You want to discredit everything because of the only reason that you god might not be a man?

So if i read your OP right, you say that evolution looks like its impossible to your knowledge, thus its an indication of a designer/God?

So... does your god has a designer? or am i gonna hear that "he has always been there" cop-out crap?
edit on 9/4/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Intelligence is measured by a creatures awareness of their environment. By any measure man is one of the youngest species on earth, doesn't have nearly the largest brain, yet we are abale to journey to the stars. We are currently chatting via messages that are transmitted at the speed of light across cables made of glass, processed from sand...LOL LOL nahh no different at all.. Speak for your own self and intelligence ....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

One has to do some pretty impressive twisting to reconcile the two and it still comes off as horribly awkward.

Name any scripture that says animals don't evolve. ONE.. Anywhere.... Don't just throw rhetoric out there... There is none. All evolution is saying is that living things change according to their environment. They adapt. That shows EVIDENCE of Creation.. not absence of intelligence.. You'd have to be very intelligent to design a self-correcting software, let alone a life form... My IQ is 135, I have an IQ equivolent to Hawking, and I believe in Christ and Creation.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If we evolve and grow over a single lifetime..........Then evolution exists.

It's the same exact thing, but on a smaller, shorter scale.

Anybody who can't comprehend that, needs to open their mind up a bit.

Both can exist, and still come from a single creative source.

We need to keep searching , while remembering that we actually know almost nothing.
edit on 4-9-2012 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Name any scripture that says animals don't evolve.

Genesis 2:7

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Genesis 2:22

And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Clearly not evolution.

Oh, but you are right. The scripture did not state evolution did not happen. You would think that such an important detail warranted a mention.

They adapt. That shows EVIDENCE of Creation..

Uh, no. It shows evidence of adaption.

My IQ is 135, I have an IQ equivolent to Hawking, and I believe in Christ and Creation.

Congrats, Stephen Hawking however disagrees with you.
edit on 4-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
And doesn't having the internal programming to change according to the environment take a huge amaount of intelligence to produce?

Looks like you haven't grasped evolution. There is nothing programmed to change according to the environment. This is a common misconception.

Also according to Hawking, God doesn't exist because nature and physics are designed so well that life and the universe would have happened anyway. This also is ultimate proof of design..

Did you get stuck, during the ramblings of a man, on the word "design"?
Also, there is no proof of anything in that statement.

For the rest of the text... meh..

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Name any scripture that says animals don't evolve. ONE.. Anywhere.... Don't just throw rhetoric out there... There is none. All evolution is saying is that living things change according to their environment. They adapt. That shows EVIDENCE of Creation.. not absence of intelligence.. You'd have to be very intelligent to design a self-correcting software, let alone a life form... My IQ is 135, I have an IQ equivolent to Hawking, and I believe in Christ and Creation.

Lmao at the dude bragging about his IQ on the internet.. Hawkings IQ is quite a bit above that btw..
The fact that you didnt know that, shows that youre not as smart as you think you are

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

And doesn't having the internal programming to change according to the environment take a huge amaount of intelligence to produce?

Looks like you haven't grasped evolution. There is nothing programmed to change according to the environment. This is a common misconception.

Also according to Hawking, God doesn't exist because nature and physics are designed so well that life and the universe would have happened anyway. This also is ultimate proof of design..

Did you get stuck, during the ramblings of a man, on the word "design"?
Also, there is no proof of anything in that statement.

For the rest of the text... meh..

Tell me how adaption is origin?

Half the scientisits in the arena have determined that a pan-spermic theory is behind the formation of earths first life.

Pan Spermia is life coming from an asteroid, meteor, or cosmic spore to earth and populating the planet. The evidence for both Creation and PanSpermia are exactly the same...

Look up the term genetic code.. You'll find it is a readable alphabet made of proteins as the characters, that are predictable in format, and can be deciphered easily by current scientific examiniation.. No code wreitten was written by nature. Every Code has an encoder and decoder. The only creature on earth that can decode genetic ode is man... Who do you think made it???

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Fail, evolution is not abiogenesis.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There is absolutely NO evidence to link man to apes..

Other than us still being apes right? I guess the genetic, morphological and behavioral similarities mean nothing to you? The fact they look like us, behave like us and are almost genetically identical is all the link that's needed, how much more could it be spelled out that we share a common ancestor?

No actually. Life is chemistry, evolution is regulated and directed by natural processes, no intelligence is required. DNA is a nucleic acid, it isn't magical nor does its existence imply a supernatural intervention. All of us are made of the same elements the Earth is, it is amazing of course (life) but there is no reason to invoke gods or aliens to explain it.

This also is ultimate proof of design..

If we saw a simple hammer lying on the ground, no scientist in the world would say it was spontaneously generated

That's because we know that hammers are designed (although I'm sure the earliest hammer was probably just a stick or a rock). You can't compare something we know was designed to something we don't know whether it was designed and say "see, that's evidence of design". The condensed argument goes like this

1. Some things are designed (ie hammer)
2., Life has the appearance of design (ie complexity)
3. Therefore life is like the hammer and even without evidence of the designer we can say it was designed

Or as Ray Comfort says, "the painting is 100% evidence that there was a painter."

The problem is we have evidence of life coming into existence naturally without a designer, it's called REPRODUCTION and we humans are quite fond of it. If paintings or hammers could self-replicate than the analogy would fit but they can't. We've discovered that through reproduction mutations, small changes in the genetic code, can occur, these changes, over the course of thousands of generations, can cause a species to change so drastically that it is, in fact, a separate species. This event where species diverge is called Speciation and has been directly observed in the lab and in nature.

which is billlions of orders of magnitude more complex than a hammer

This is a fallacy. The complexity of something is not evidence that it was designed. As I said earlier the earliest hammer was likely just a rock or stick, something our ancestors would have used as a hammer. An arrowhead is another example. These are SIMPLE tools. If human beings design SIMPLE things than why can't nature have created COMPLEX things? Also you paint yourself into a corner with your line of logic, because if complexity can only be designed than who designed God? I mean obviously God would have to be complex right? Because I don't know of any thinking, feeling LIVING being, let alone one who is supposedly all knowing and all powerful, that's simple. God would be the ultimate lifeform... so then... was he designed?

It takes a lot of radical faith to be an atheist

That's like saying children who disbelieve in Santa Claus have more faith than those that believe.

Kid 1: "What you think all these presents just poofed into existence beneath the tree?"

Kid 2: "No, I'm saying they got here naturally, not on a supernatural sleigh, our parents brought them here."

Kid 1: "Oh, so you're saying our parents created them. Pff, yeah right, you really think my dad knows how to build a toy helicopter! HA! That's way too complex for a natural explanation!"

Kid 2: "I'm not saying our parents created them, look it's a bit more nuanced than that, if you'd just research how-"
Kid 1: "I don't need to research anything, I already feel Santa in my heart, we have a personal relationship."

And so on

new topics

top topics

join