It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Made Ancient Pyramids Found on Antarctica???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So far, the team has not released much information on their discovery although a few pictures have been leaked on the internet recently.

Can it be possible that Antarctica was once warm enough in the recent past to actually have had an ancient civilization living there? And even more perplexing is the question of if an advanced culture did develop there, are there any structures still remaining that are buried underneath the ice? Amazingly a team of researchers is making the claim that they have found evidence of several ancient pyramids on the ice covered continent of Antarctica

Read more: scienceray.com...
Three of the images are shown below/
scienceray.com...

So is this for real?
edit on 2-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Whilst interesting, don't be surprised if these turn out just to be natural formations, IE tips of mountains.

Working out how the Egyptians built the pyramids was hard enough, without factoring all that snow and freezing conditions into it.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If it is true, then wow.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Antarctica was not always covered in snow and ice .

link   

should have had a look futher b4 i posted this thread that pic is of a mountain.
www.mountainguides.com...
doh

link   
Ive actually been looking for evidence of some iced-over super-ancient and advanced civilization on that continent...well preserved of course because they have been under ice. I WISH it were true but those pictures are certainly not convincing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
3rd pic looks fake... as for the other two they are probably just mountain peaks. I would like to hear what they find out though as there is a chance they could be pyramids.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
They look natural to me.

Besides, for such an earth shattering discovery you would have thought the scientists would have been able to take a few more pictures!

Regards

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

thing is though at least on pic is real a real mountain

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Someone has been watching Aliens vs Predator

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Looks faked to me. I dunno. Wouldn't these have to be several hundred thousand years old ?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Antarctica was not always covered in snow and ice .

Long before human civilisation started building pyramids perhaps, in fact long before current humans even emerged as a species.

I "think" Antarcticas current climate has remained unchanged for something like 8 million years (but don't quote me on that)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The third pic (the white pyramid)..is actually sitting on an ice flow with nothing but Ocean underneath it.

Unless it was made out of Pumice
i think this is a hoax.

C..

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Definitely a [HOAX] ....

2nd pic stolen from this site (2010) -

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'd have to go with the top of a mountain by the first picture. It looks like a natural formation, not a man made one unfortunetly.

Just seen the above post
edit on 2-9-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Definitely a [HOAX] ....

2nd pic stolen from this site (2010) -

Yup.

And last one is just like a kid snow fort.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
when they did autopsys on wolly mamoths it was found that the fauna that was in there mouths & intestines could not have grown at that climate and could only have grown in a tropical climate ? massive piles of trees have also been uncovered its like the world slipped on its mantle antartic lies on youtube by yezidism o7 is a good watch
i now wonder what a friend of mine who used to be on submarines under the artic for months at a time meant i find it strange that they have never released those maps or any satelite data from the ones on a north - south path ???

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
even if there were ruins under the ice they'd have been destroyed by now with the movement of the glaciers.
glaciers carved out the great lakes, so i wouldn't expect much to be left.
used think how cool it would be to see whats under all that ice untill i realized the above.

tho i do have hope something survived.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
people in the comments say the third pic is fake. it looks reallllly photoshopped. so does the second one

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't forget continental drift, Antarctica is thought to have been much nearer the Equator in the distant past, that is the thinking related to the idea of Gondwana with the finding of animal and tree fossils, never mind anything found inside animal fossils. Gondwana
edit on 2-9-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join