It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP moves to keep Gary Johnson off the ballot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

If there is no Gary Johnson on the ballot, I'll vote Obama. To hell with Republicans.

That's your prerogative....makes no sense to me how a Johnson Libertarian can vote for a Marxist but who am I. You have your vote and I have mine, so I'll just cancel you out. 

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Our "elected" leaders lost the ability and inclination to represent the peasants long, long ago. The good news is that attempts to put on airs that they give a ship are becoming increasingly difficult without resorting to levels of criminal fraud so outrageous that the only people not seeing it are those who can't handle the truth and dead voters kept on the voter rolls to perpetrate rigging elections.

As more people wake up to the facts that 40 cents of every dollar of all profit in this country goes to financial institutions and 100 cents of every federal income tax dollar collected goes to the federal reserve, hard working Americans are saying "Wait just a god damn minute. I didn't vote for those bastards. How is it such a disproportionate share of our collective resources are concentrated in such few hands? And what's up with the fact that most of them happen to be of Jewish descent and many hold Israeli citizenship, especially in our govt???"

There is a big difference between plain and simple discernment and being judgmental or predjudice or racist. Just because I notice that most of the upper management on wall street are Jewish does not necessarily mean I have to
Make any value assesment or judgement over and above that simple fact.

It's all just becoming impossible to ignore. 146 corporations control over 75% of the entire world's resources. A statistically disportionite number happen to be of the same faith and happen to be the same guys who buy and sell congressman like baseball trading cards. I get it. I can handle it. I can understand why it happens. God bless them for being so crafty.

Problem is it has gone overboard. The peasants don't have enough money left over at the end of the month to pay their mortgages and colleges loans so they can't buy the ship from the companies to keep us all employed.

Something must give. You can't keep trying to kill us all with your made up wars. We're getting hip to the fact that the average Pakistani farmer has more in common with the average American than they do with the average wall street Israeli. Now what? Concentration camps? No. It would make even you sick. As much as we may be different from you, we're still human beings.

Change will start in the neighborhood level. People will start to get to know each other again. Once that happens, the political parties we know today will become obsolete.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Our country is at stake...I'm certainly not going to sabotage a chance to boot Obama out of office simply out of principle because, in the long run, I would only be hurting myself and those I love.

See, this is where a serious mis-understanding that you are not seeing is coming from. I think people right now are just pissed off at the GOP and rightfully so. I'm not defending any RP supporter turning to Obama because that is counter productive.. However, if you asked me what I would do if Johnson is taken off the ballot, I would say I guess I won't vote at all because what the heck is the point?!

Listen, our country *is* at stake, which is exactly why people have_got_to_STOP voting the lesser of 2 evils and end this nonsense! The GOP is a proven sham soo....

What happens in four years, if we continue your type of mentality and keep voting for shams? Do you think that if people continue to vote for the establishement EVEN THO it's riddled with corruption,that anything will seriously EVER change? The answer to that is not a chance in hell! In 2016 we are going to see the same exact lies/stealing/cheating/corruption because people (no offense intended, but like you) keep refusing to say enough.

You're going to be just as convinced next time, that the GOP version of corrupted establishment politicians is still somewhow better than the lefts version. We're going to continue to just see more and more tactics like this, and they are just going to become more and more obvious on boths sides, yet people will contunie to bow down to a different version of corruption. This corruption is clearly obvious to you now, yet you are STILL bowing to Romney even after this corruption has clearly been exposed! When is enough enough? IMO, the mentality that you have is totally dangerous, and it's the *sole* reason why this system continues to be corrupt and will continue to dominate our politics and the never-ending downward spiral of this nation.
edit on 2-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by seabag

If there is no Gary Johnson on the ballot, I'll vote Obama. To hell with Republicans.

Damn straight. Republicans have made it very clear: We don't want Libertarian support

So I'll take that notion and remove myself from their political sphere.. if a Libertarian is not present, a Democrat will get my vote.

And please Seabag.. the country is at a far greater risk from the Two Party's than from Obama.
edit on 9/2/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by seabag

You do realize that in so many instances that Romney is a mirror of Obama.

As to the GOP/Republican Party - people should realize that party no longer represents conservatives. Libertarians, please don't fall for the two party system, a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney....a vote for the establishment.
edit on 2-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney....a vote for the establishment.

So true.

As long as electronic records, are the norm, those voting already have their vote cast for them.

Sad, but I am starting to believe ANYONE'S vote, is meaningless. Its a Conspiracy, but one that might just be true.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Very true... The game is rigged and both political parties are controlled by the same interest groups.
To my fellow RP supporters, those interest groups don't care whether you vote for Romney, Obama or just say at home on election day. All three of those options will still only lead to an establishment victory. Johnson had two great terms in New Mexico so thats where my vote is going. Its about Ron Paul's message so don't let the shady dealings at the RNC cause you to steer away from it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I will vote Gary Johnson, because hes NOT the other two.

Romney knows he needs every little vote he can get his hands on, to beat Obama.

No he doesn't, the popular vote is a beauty pageant; the only thing that matters is the electoral college.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Originally posted by sonnny1
I will vote Gary Johnson, because hes NOT the other two.

Romney knows he needs every little vote he can get his hands on, to beat Obama.

No he doesn't, the popular vote is a beauty pageant; the only thing that matters is the electoral college.

True.

I cant argue that fact. But..................

So, while winning the popular vote may not ensure a candidate's victory, a candidate must gain popular support of a particular state to win the votes in that state.

The Electoral College Debate

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You still aren't getting it entirely, but you are getting warmer.

It doesn't matter if he wins, you still have to vote Johnson because your vote will actually count. Votes don't count in the race between Obama and Romney (your vote wont count there, it speaks louder in the third party where it actually adds to a total). In the Obama Romney race there will be so many instances of flipping the vote (flipping 49 to 51) that it wont matter.

I promise when it comes to the main candidate the votes don't really matter. Your vote is just lost in a sea of bull# and fake and deleted votes. In the third party race you will count. I will be voting third party conservative no matter what.

Also.. and no agenda here.. (you know I am a Paul supporter and will support Johnson if that's my choice) I really in all honesty think that Romney and Ryan will hurt small businesses more. I am looking to start one up myself right now. He is going to raise our taxes like crazy, is promising not to cut military spending (while he pretends that that creates jobs lol), and Romney said China unfairly stills our jobs even though he personally toured factories in China that were being bought by bain (factories with forced labor btw).

So forget Romney.. Ill take 4 more of Obama, over 8 of Romney screwing us really hard. But I would prefer Johnson or Paul of course.
edit on 3-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The only jobs that will be available if Romney and idiot boy are elected will be given to prisoners in corporate owned prisons.... I've always made more money when there wasn't a Republican in the oval office.. I had two businesses fail during the Reagan/Bush administrations.... Working class people didn't have money to spend and the reports on unemployed during that period were not true... There was no such thing as homeless people before Ronald Reagan was in the White House.
edit on 3-9-2012 by hypervigilant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
All I gotta say is I told you guys about the republican party. They are the worst of the worst. Democrats are bad as well, but the republicans do it on a whole other level. Kind of the difference between policies I don't agree with and pure unadulterated evil.

So that's my 2 cents on that. Ron Paul's a good man. I don't agree with all of his positions, but the guy has some morals and truly believes in liberty. I supported the Libertarian party for probably a decade before most of you even heard of Ron Paul. I'm not into total lack of government but I can get behind men of principle even if we don't see eye to eye on everything. Hell, in a true democracy nobody gets everything they want. Thats how it works.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'm a CONSERVATIVE and INDEPENDENT, but I do not think GARY JOHNSON has a chance in hell of becoming POTUS and they are right in this election .... if YOU don't want OBAMA back in office, you have remove all possibilities of anything that would make that happen. That means, RON PAUL, GARY JOHNSON and anyone else who might SPLIT the Republican Vote.

GARY JOHNSON attempting to get on the BALLOT might be a diversionary tactic to get the vote for Romney diminished so OBAMA could win. Did you ever consider that ???

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Screw that. What you are doing is justifying the GOPs corruption so it helps Romney get elected. Do you realize what that says about a Romney presidency? If they can rip the right to a fair election right out of your hands, what is next. Hell they already corrupted the system for delegates next time. I am sickened that you would even try to justify this.

Also.. if it can down to Obama or Romney with no one else. I will vote for Obama just because If someone is going to take my money and give it to someone else I would rather it be Obama giving it to poor people, than Romney giving it to rich people which is EXACTLY the ONLY difference between them. They are both big government rip offs.

I hope I don't have to make that decisions though, I hope I can vote for Ron Paul or Johnson. You guys seem to be missing the fact that we are facing huge problems and Romney was changing rules with his lawyers (that he kept on hand to remind him what was and what wasn't constitutional) before he was elected. A nominee shouldn't have any power.

Oh also labryinth, you are NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM A CONSERVATIVE if you would vote for Romney or Obama or prefer either over the other. Romney is about as LIBERAL as it gets. That is fact. He is liberal defined, look it up.
edit on 3-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am looking at Johnson! Without RP I dont know if I am voting at all!
edit on 3-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I thought that the electoral college was where people went to learn how to become presidents.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Gary Johnson is pro Israel and therefore could never get my vote.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

if YOU don't want OBAMA back in office, you have remove all possibilities of anything that would make that happen. That means, RON PAUL, GARY JOHNSON and anyone else who might SPLIT the Republican Vote.

GARY JOHNSON attempting to get on the BALLOT might be a diversionary tactic to get the vote for Romney diminished so OBAMA could win. Did you ever consider that ???

Sure…I get it!

Does that justify violating people’s 1st and 14th amendment rights?

Even though I’m basically on the same team I can be honest enough to say this is tyrannical. I don’t want to win that way….

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

Gary Johnson is pro Israel and therefore could never get my vote.

I thought single issue voters were a thing of the past!

That’s some pretty deep hatred if you’re willing to overlook someone’s entire platform simply because they are pro-Israel.

To each his own!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by seabag

I know they want their guy to win but what gives them the authority to decide who can run and who we can vote for??
They can't and they don't. But they will do anything to win.

Despite what some may say, the winner is not pre-decided. The GOP will use any and all dirty tricks to insure their victory.

It's a race.

I'm not giving them a pass.\

.Just stating fact.

I believe the winner is pre-decided. Especially in this election and the last. But this will be the election that proves our vote don't count. The Illuminati wants Obama to finish his work because they think that after 2012 years of people trying to rule the world, they will finally succeed and show everyone how it's done. If they think technology is going to help them, they better think again. Everything breaks down in life and nothing lasts forever

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join