It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP moves to keep Gary Johnson off the ballot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Imagine if you will, the entire libertarian base OFFICIALLY breaking away from the Republican party. Can you even conceptualize the chaos...I can not.

Chaos for whom? THe NeoCons? I have no problem with that.

The real fun will be at my house when I throw the biggest party this side of the Mississippi after they do break away! That will be chaos!
edit on 2-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Where's the outrage....mine goes off every day over this. I heard about this last week and thought I would have an aneurism!

Mine goes off every day now too!

I became a Libertarian in 2008. I had always had the basic principles of Libertarianism in my heart, but I had been a Republican because I was "programmed" there was only two choices.

There still is only two choices because enough people aren’t boiling like you and me! That was why I asked “where is the outrage”. When enough people realize that the GOP is making bold moves to marginalize conservatives then something will get done and the two-party system will become a thing of the past. Similar actions by the GOP spawned the Tea Party...their goal was to get conservatives elected...it hasn't been nearly successful enough IMO.

If we do not vote Gary Johnson, my personal feelings are that we are in for a world of hurtin'. The fact the the GOP is trying to remove any and all possible threats to Romney is a tell-tale signal. They know Gary is fiscally conservative and socially liberal...which I think...is what America is supposed to be...just my opinion...but apparently a growing opinion.

While I agree that they are removing all threats I am also realistic; Johnson has a snowball’s chance, especially since many RP supporters aren’t jumping to him in droves.

The GOP has behaved like school yard bullies. Their actions toward Ron Paul and now the Libertarian and Constitutionalists parties are despicable. I don't know how anyone who hopes for the prosperity of America can vote for the war mongers of the GOP or the nanny state/police state of the Democrats. It is madness to me.

If Johnson and RP have no shot in hell (which it appears now) then a vote for either is a waste IMO. I plan to vote Romney because he’s less dangerous to our country. BUT……I want to see conservatives immediately break from the GOP after this election and start gearing up for a 2014 midterm and a 2016 presidential run. We need to start this the DAY AFTER the election so NEXT TIME we have representation.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They are afraid of a citizen based coup. This defines just how corrupt their tactics have been and how ordinary people are awakening.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I agree that they are removing all threats I am also realistic; Johnson has a snowball’s chance, especially since many RP supporters aren’t jumping to him in droves.

Don't be so sure my friend. I think more and more are jumping the GOP ship and voting in Gary Johnson than you may think.

Go to www.dailypaul.com... and look at the comments in almost any article. There are a LOT of Paulites switching to the libertarian party and calling for unification on Gary Johnson.

edit on 2-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

If Johnson and RP have no shot in hell (which it appears now) then a vote for either is a waste IMO. I plan to vote Romney because he’s less dangerous to our country. BUT……I want to see conservatives immediately break from the GOP after this election and start gearing up for a 2014 midterm and a 2016 presidential run. We need to start this the DAY AFTER the election so NEXT TIME we have representation.

The Problem with that, is where are we, as Citizens, GOING TO BE, In 4 years, if the same is going to be dictated, over again?

You might just see a different World, the next 4 years.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

They are afraid of a citizen based coup. This defines just how corrupt their tactics have been and how ordinary people are awakening.

Don’t dismiss this video simply because it’s Rush Limbaugh. I want you to hear how he describes the birth of a third party…keep in mind this is from 2010 prior to the election.

He talks about how the same elites in DC gave us McCain and Obama and how the two parties are virtually the same. He goes on to talk about how the republicans and democrats are trying to marginalize the tea party while the republicans plan to capitalize on tea party victories while continuing to push their elitist agenda.

He said, “This is how third parties are born” and he’s RIGHT!

Unfortunately he’s not singing this same tune these days…he doesn’t believe in conservatives leaving the GOP….but he got it right back in 10’.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's not that they hate Johnson. They want to keep the vote unified. It's gonna be close this year. Party leaders don't want the vote split like it was for Gore in 2000, or more to the point, like it was for Bush Sr in 1992.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The Problem with that, is where are we, as Citizens, GOING TO BE, In 4 years, if the same is going to be dictated, over again?

You might just see a different World, the next 4 years.

I don’t doubt that, buddy, but what you fail to realize is that even if you and I vote Johnson or others write-in RP we’re STILL going to have 4 more years of Obama or Romney.

Nothing is going to split the two-party monopoly in 2012…that ship has sailed. We need to begin preparing for 2014 and 2016 or we’ll be having this same conversation then.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
It's not that they hate Johnson. They want to keep the vote unified. It's gonna be close this year. Party leaders don't want the vote split like it was for Gore in 2000, or more to the point, like it was for Bush Sr in 1992.

Unified is one story. Being down right disingenuous is another. Try changing the rules, as they did with RP, was wrong. Like I said before, The Old Guard, is going away. The new, youth, have seen how things get done. The problem is those with money, can buy anything, including a Presidency.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Heres a few Johnson videos, for those who dont know what hes about......I suggest you see "why", they dont really want him on a Ballot.

MY FAVORITE.

edit on 2-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SteveR

Sure, I don’t doubt that. I think that’s what Beezzer was alluding too as well. The question I have for you is – is it OK to force others out of the election and rob people of a chance to vote for the candidate they want just so the GOP’s guy gets an easier ride? Is that liberty?

link   
Double

edit on 2-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
is it OK to force others out of the election and rob people of a chance to vote for the candidate they want just so the GOP’s guy gets an easier ride? Is that liberty?

Its BS.

Period.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They can't and they don't. But they will do anything to win.

They are! They screwed Paul and now they’re going after Johnson to get him off the ballot.

Despite what some may say, the winner is not pre-decided. The GOP will use any and all dirty tricks to insure their victory.

I agree….it’s going to be close.

It's a race.

I'm not giving them a pass.

Just stating fact.

Fair enough….I still think its dirty and more reminiscent of Chicago politics (removing your enemies so you don’t have to run against them in the arena of ideas).

Like sonnny pointed out with his videos of Johnson, you can see why they want Johnson gone. Johnson is easily FAR more conservative than Romney and he’s definitely capable of peeling off votes. That still doesn’t make it OK for the GOP to remove him from the race. You know they tried to do that to Reagan, too, many moons ago.

edit on 2-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Chicago-style what? This isn't about Obama or anything related to Chicago.

Let me guess, you're still going to vote for Romney?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How much more outrage can Libertarians have? Hell, we're likely Libertarians because we were attacked by the GOP and this was our protest. I think that the Republicans know this could potentially be the biggest year ever for the Libertarian Party, and in certain states if even .5% of Republicans vote for Libertarian Party, they lose the state. Which, naturally, is the objective. I'd vote for a Democrat before I vote for a Republican. It's one thing to be dirty, corrupt sleeze balls .. quite another to attack your own people.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Johnson is as good of a replacement for Paul than any other. He's publicly supported Paul, has many of the same ideas etc, he's just not as well known because being a Governor doesn't give you as much airtime as say Paul.

But I do think that, at least with the informed, RP supporters will support Johnson. And hopefully leave the Republican Party for good.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I honestly see why some people are compelled to think as you do in reference to Romney. I have stated before that I respectfully disagree with that line of thought. My vote IS my voice and I will not prop someone up that I disagree with on so many things...

This is the problem I have with Romney.

He won't overturn the Patriot act. That funnels money into TSA and DHS and they in turn spend that money into the Military Industrial Complex of private corporations manufacturing the equipment, weapons and ammunition they use.

He won't overturn NDAA. How handy is it for a President to have the power to have your opponents and protestors locked away indefinitely without a trial.

He won't turn over HR347. If a noisy group of protestors on the street corner outside the Capitol or The White House is annoying you, play the HR347 card and have them arrested.

Obamacare....Romneycare? It's His damn plan that Obama copied...that's not going anywhere. Besides, it forces you...citizen...to buy a product that is backed by security investors...Insurance...and we know how much Mittens likes the Wall Street. This is essentially propping up one industry by Gov Mandate....the insurance companies. What other private industry gets forced purchase of their products...besides auto insurance. I don't like being told how to spend my money.

Immigration. He MIGHT do something but seeing how his family are immigrants...I seriously doubt it.

The Nanny state/Police state. He might knock the poor off the tit, but I can almost guarantee he will not rescind the TSA pat downs or the invasion of privacy by all the other alphabet organizations your tax dollars are funding.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

How much more outrage can Libertarians have? Hell, we're likely Libertarians because we were attacked by the GOP and this was our protest.

I know libertarians are outraged, though I haven't heard anybody bring up this latest attack against Johnson. I guess I was referring more to outrage by conservatives and the tea party crowd; the fraudulent rule change effects all conservatives, not just libertarians. 

I think that the Republicans know this could potentially be the biggest year ever for the Libertarian Party, and in certain states if even .5% of Republicans vote for Libertarian Party, they lose the state. Which, naturally, is the objective. I'd vote for a Democrat before I vote for a Republican. It's one thing to be dirty, corrupt sleeze balls .. quite another to attack your own people.

I guess my disdain for Obama and my desire to protect our country from 4 more years of his destruction is more powerful that exacting some revenge against the GOP.

Our country is at stake...I'm certainly not going to sabotage a chance to boot Obama out of office simply out of principle because, in the long run, I would only be hurting myself and those I love.   

IMO of course....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If there is no Gary Johnson on the ballot, I'll vote Obama. To hell with Republicans.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join