It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lies While Accusing the Romney Campaign of Lying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

“Sometimes they just make things up. But they’ve got a bunch of folks who can write $10 million checks, and they’ll just keep on running them,” he said. “I mean, somebody was challenging one of their ads — they made it up — about work and welfare. And every outlet said this is just not true. And they were asked about it and they said — one of their campaign people said, ‘We won’t have the fact-checkers dictate our campaign. We will not let the truth get in the way.’”
You gotta love bammy. He is just such a huge liar, but he is so smooth while doing it.

Mr. Newhouse did not say, “We will not let the truth get in the way.” Emphasis added. According to the New York Times, the president appears to be lying in the process of accusing the Romney campaign of lying. It will be interesting to see if media fact checkers attempt to spin this statement.
If anyone believes that truth shouldn't get in the way, it is bammy and the regime. All politicians have a tenuous relationship with the truth at best, but bammy truly seems incapable of speaking a true statement in public. That is why he relies so heavily on the teleprompter.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

What exactly did he lie about? About...Romney lying?

link btw...?
edit on 2-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
unfortunately deceit is the default setting of most politicians, whomever they are supposed to represent. at least they're good at something.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Link please.

I want to read up on this.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Link please.

Interesting. I went to get the link for you, which I meant to post in the OP, but the page has been taken down! Now Forbidden. Is this the MSM working to protect their chosen one? I originally found it on Drudge. You can check here; but the original that all others are quoting is now gone!
edit on 2-9-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Obama and the truth have a relationship like KD Lang and any man.

Yeah, they may know each other, but they've never been intimate.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He didn't actually say that "they won't let the truth get in the way"

But he DID actually say "We won't let fact checkers distract from the campaign", which implies the exact same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It seems Obama tacked on the "We will not let the truth get in the way" to Mr. Newhouse's statement, however, he did say "we will not let fact checkers get in the way" so I think its pretty much the same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Pretty week defense of that crap that was Ryan's big ball of lies.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

But he DID actually say "We won't let fact checkers distract from the campaign", which implies the exact same thing.
Actually it doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. Truth is TRUE regardless of bias or personal belief. The same cannot be said for "journalists" or "fact checkers". I would say the msm bias for certain individuals or groups is self evident. Those entities do a disservice to the people of our nation with their blatant partisanship.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
www.weeklystandard.com...
Thanks for the working link. The one from Drudge and the top ones from Google did not work when I went back.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
this a joke or what?
The president told exactly what happened.

The Romeny ad completely lied about obama's changes to welfare programs not needing beneficiaries to look for work. They were called out on these lies and responded with not letting fact checkers run their campaign.

Obama lied how?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Pretty week defense of that crap that was Ryan's big ball of lies.

I agree. The liberal media outlet FOX News had this to say:

On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Thus we MUST always believe what we are told "is a fact" actually a fact?

Seems like fact checkers need to do some fact checking of their own assumptions. Paul Ryan’s speech last night included a reference to a GM plant in Janesville that closed, which Ryan used to criticize Barack Obama for failing to meet his campaign promises. A number of “fact” checkers jumped all over Ryan’s anecdote to claim that he lied about the circumstances of the plant’s closure.

Fact Checking the Fact Checkers

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by grey580

Link please.

Interesting. I went to get the link for you, which I meant to post in the OP, but the page has been taken down! Now Forbidden. Is this the MSM working to protect their chosen one?

Apparently the only one not letting you see the story is drudge so what does that tell you?
I found it at debatepolitics.com and theweeklystandard.com and goupstate.com and more.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

It tells me that this is just another thread in love with "Hypocrisy"

edit on 9/2/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
With wall street the banks and superpacs backing Romney there is a bunch of people writing 10 million dollar checks for him. So how is that a lie?

Obama on Romney: "Sometimes they just make things up"

He cited a published comment from Romney campaign pollster Neil Newhouse: "We're not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers." Obama said he took that to mean the Romney campaign policy is "we will not let the truth get in the way."

Here's a video of the speech. He makes two separate statements not just one. Why wouldn't Romney want a campaign based on facts.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
this a joke or what?
The president told exactly what happened.

The Romeny ad completely lied about obama's changes to welfare programs not needing beneficiaries to look for work. They were called out on these lies and responded with not letting fact checkers run their campaign.

Obama lied how?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

YES ITS A JOKE!!! Just more Right-wing joker material.

Ya see, the Right-winger idiot brigade is in MAJOR DESPERATION-MODE right now!! They are pulling no punches in bringing up the UTMOST SILLINESS possible to try and sway any undecided voters in the online world because they KNOW that their Beavis & Butthead candidates are GONNA LOSE and by a decent margin too!!

The Right wingers better get the TISSUES out come November!! Also hope they are getting paid well for all this silliness and shame!
:

Besides the fact these Republican clowns are making themselves look like COMPLETE FOOLS like no other politicians in HISTORY, the American folks know which party hates the Middle-class and poor the MOST and we are the HUGE MAJORITY in America. We will not vote for your CLOWNS who wish to benefit ONLY the SUPER-wealthy.

How do you republican cheerleaders feel being on a LOSING TEAM??

edit on 2-9-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can't help but point out that if BOTH of them would stop focusing on almost exclusively attacking and running down the other guy, we might really have a chance to hear something worth listening to from them. Oh..I don't know..Perhaps what they plan to DO for US.

I know...Each has said something to that effect at one time or another.
It's hard to keep that in mind when I can't be sure I've heard a single speech where the other wasn't brought up at least once directly or indirectly.

It's funny..how everyone on both sides goes into these decrying the 'politics of destruction' and the 'hateful tones' but then spends the whole cycle trying to be #1 in doing both to the absolute maximum...seemingly without a hint of shame. They each have more than earned the pointed Pinocchio award, many times over.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join