It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds end probe of 'America's toughest sheriff'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Feds end probe of 'America's toughest sheriff'

[url=http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/31/13597578-feds-end-probe-of-americas-toughest-sheriff-joe-arpaio-no-charges?lite]usnews.nbcnews.com[/ur l]

The federal government has closed a criminal probe of alleged financial misconduct by Arizona lawman Joe Arpaio, who styles himself as "America's toughest sheriff," and no charges will be filed, the U.S. Attorney's Office said on Friday.
A separate federal investigation relating to allegations of civil rights abuses by Arpaio's office is continuing.
The announcement on Friday marked the end of an investigation that began in November 2010 at the behest of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors to examine alleged financial improprieties by the county sheriff and his deputies.
A federa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Joe is a hero, but you would not hear that from the biased media. The charges made national news, and all media outlets played the heck out of the charges and as usual making it look like he was guilty. Now that the Goverenment has dropped the charges, you think it will make national new? No maybe one little blurb about the charges being dropped

[url=http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/31/13597578-feds-end-probe-of-americas-toughest-sheriff-joe-arpaio-no-charges?lite]usnews.nbcnews.com[/ur l]

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The feds have no jurisdiction over a county Sheriff and Joe knows that and if they try something he just may be the Sheriff that stands up to them...

Most likely a smear tactic so he doesn't get reelected so they can slip one of their lackeys into the next election.
edit on 1-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

Joe is a hero, but you would not hear that from the biased media. The charges made national news, and all media outlets played the heck out of the charges and as usual making it look like he was guilty. Now that the Goverenment has dropped the charges, you think it will make national new? No maybe one little blurb about the charges being dropped

No, he's a twit with delusions of grandeur.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I would love to see Sheriff Arpaio take Holders job when Romney becomes president. There would be a lot of corrupt lowlifes soiling themselves if that ever happens

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sheriff Joe's the man. He's got too much on them. FAST AND FURIOUS + BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
I would love to see Sheriff Arpaio take Holders job when Romney becomes president. There would be a lot of corrupt lowlifes soiling themselves if that ever happens

Yes, and every real lawyer in the country would have a heart attack. I'll say it again - he's a twit with delusions of grandeur.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Sheriff Joe's the man. He's got too much on them. FAST AND FURIOUS + BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

You do know that you can buy a mug from the White House with a picture of Obama's birth certificate don't you? You know, the document showing that he was born in Hawaii?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by RELDDIR

You do know that you can buy a mug from the White House with a picture of Obama's birth certificate don't you? You know, the document showing that he was born in Hawaii?

Oh you mean that fake thing thats been proven fake over and over and over again. LOL

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
Oh you mean that fake thing thats been proven fake over and over and over again. LOL

You do realise that even Donald Trump now accepts that the birth certificate is real, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I strongly support law enforcement officers when they are doing their jobs within the law. It seems that Sheriff Joe has been doing an outstanding job despite interference by people within the current administration. The people of Arizona should be proud to have him and many other dedicated officers enforcing who are dong their jobs.

It's too bad that the Federal government would rather attack a Sheriff doing his job than arrest law breakers who blatantly violate our border laws. I guess that Mexico City is pulling the strings in the Obama justice department.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If there's insufficient evidence that Joe has broken the law then he cannot be charged with anything. End of story, they did what they could.

reply to post by Surfrat

Joe is a hero, but you would not hear that from the biased media.

Aside from making prisoners wear pink clothing and live out in tents, what achievements under Joe's administration do you care to reference us to that makes him this hero? Joe talks big, but that's it really. His tent cities to me have been his only real achievement (depending on your definition) so what else is there that we're missing?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
If there's insufficient evidence that Joe has broken the law then he cannot be charged with anything. End of story, they did what they could.

reply to post by Surfrat

Joe is a hero, but you would not hear that from the biased media.

Aside from making prisoners wear pink clothing and live out in tents, what achievements under Joe's administration do you care to reference us to that makes him this hero? Joe talks big, but that's it really. His tent cities to me have been his only real achievement (depending on your definition) so what else is there that we're missing?

Well it always helps to do some research instead of just proclaiming in your ignorance he's done nothing. He has stood up to the feds before. he kicked the BLM off land they were trying to steal from the state in his county and threatened to arrest them of they tried again. They sued him and they lost! He enforces immigration laws because the feds will not and he will not cow tow to the feds and even his state government etc. He has saved the tax payers lots of money with his tent jails etc. There is much more but something tells me you will not bother to do any research and just spout some more non-sense...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Well it always helps to do some research instead of just proclaiming in your ignorance he's done nothing.

If Arpaio is the hero you make him out to be, surely it wouldn't be so hard to point out to the things his actually done to make him so? And I never stated that he's done "nothing", Arpaio hs done many things, I just wouldn't count them as achievements. For example, I don't count him detaining American citizens under the assumption of them being illegals as an achievement.

He has stood up to the feds before. he kicked the BLM off land they were trying to steal

The only thing Arpaio did was make empty threats against the Bureau of Land Management that amounted to nothing. The bureau still has on going plans for Arizona:
www.kpho.com...

What "action" did Arpaio take to stop anything? If you're merely crediting Arpaio for making threats then clearly you haven't known of Arpaio's record for empty threats over the course of his administrations.

He enforces immigration laws because the feds will not

His supporters believe that he is enforcing immigration laws. There's a difference. Many of his actions have resulted in many innocent American citizens and legal residents being detained:
www.politico.com...

Arpaio targets brown people because he thinks they cause all the problems in his state, as do his bigotted supporters. He isn't helping anybody, at best he's just a rightwing "activist" over this issue.

he will not cow tow to the feds

So he says. It's all talk to me, and it has been so for the past year. I don't think anybody is as concerned for him as you make it out to be.

Regarding the tent cities, there are no actual figures demonstrating an amount he has saved on them. Personally I don't oppose the tent cities, it's his other antics I'm more concerned with.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

He stopped the feds in their tracks his deputies stopped their equipment in their tracks and stood them down and threatened to arrest them if they proceeded they would be arrested they left. That is action not mere threats. I had to laugh when you told me if he had done anything it would be simple to list it. Then you went on to pathetically try and discredit ALL THE THINGS I DID LIST...

Just because you are uninformed and overly biased does not discredit Sheriff Joe's achievements. He has been reelected 5 straight terms so his constituency seems to think he is doing a great job despite all the political attacks on him and I am sure are not concerned with some windbags opinion on the internet since they actually live in his county and have their fingers on the pulse of what is really going on unlike you.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It amuses me that SouthernGuardian cited facts and sources while you just threw around a bunch of nonsensical words and things you made up. I personally would like to see Joe behind bars.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

He stopped the feds in their tracks his deputies stopped their equipment in their tracks and stood them down and threatened to arrest them if they proceeded they would be arrested they left. That is action not mere threats. I had to laugh when you told me if he had done anything it would be simple to list it. Then you went on to pathetically try and discredit ALL THE THINGS I DID LIST...

Just because you are uninformed and overly biased does not discredit Sheriff Joe's achievements. He has been reelected 5 straight terms so his constituency seems to think he is doing a great job despite all the political attacks on him and I am sure are not concerned with some windbags opinion on the internet since they actually live in his county and have their fingers on the pulse of what is really going on unlike you.

Before you start looking at this guy as some kind of hero, I would advise you dig a little deeper on him. He's not exactly the shining beacon of justice you think he is. I'm not trying to scratch southern's back either, he seems to have a bunch of twisted logic himself. And I'm not trying to defend Obama, I don't even like the guy as a president, as a human or as whatever,

"America's toughest sheriff" is a greed/fame driven tyrant, nothing more nothing less. The reason he's still a sheriff has nothing to do with his popularity among the people of Arizona, it's because hes in the good ol' boy network and they put him there.
edit on 3-9-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
Oh you mean that fake thing thats been proven fake over and over and over again.

No, the fake one is the one the silly birthers found that claimed he was born in Kenya - the one on the mug is the one that came from Hawaii, and certified bythat state.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

He stopped the feds in their tracks his deputies stopped their equipment in their tracks

His deputies physically stopped them? Where's your source that he actually did anything?

He has been reelected 5 straight terms

In Arizona, yes.

so his constituency seems to think he is doing a great job

His constituency also thought Bush was doing a great job, infact Arpaio had been a strong supporter of the Bush administration up until the end. He suits Maricopa county.

top topics

join