It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karl Rove Joke?“If he’s (Todd Akin) found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my whereabouts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The Republican Party may want Todd Akin to disappear, but a dark joke made by GOP strategist Karl Rove has hit a nerve with the congressman’s office. “We should sink Todd Akin,” Rove said at a fundraiser during the Republican National Convention, according to a Bloomberg News report. “If he’s found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my whereabouts!” Read that report through the source link.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

Are we going to turn this country back over to these wing nuts again?

I think the GOP Elephant needs a straightjacket if it was a joke.

If not, it needs to be locked up for life in a circus cage.

edit on 1-9-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: typo

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If you or I would have made this sort of comment, we would be in jail at this moment for conspiracy to commit murder.

Why isn't Rove in jail? Joke or not.....that's serious stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

'Turd Blossom' isn't a GOP strategist anymore. He's little more than a political commentator for hire, appearing regularly on Fox news. Besides, this seems like misplaced outrage, considering people on both sides of the political spectrum expressed similar attitudes towards Akin's assbrained sentiments.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I have made jokes like this before. I make jokes about things I'd be embarrassed to share here. But only with my husband, who understands my intent completely, so doesn't take them seriously.

But for Rove to say this at a FUNDRAISER to strangers is really quite stupid. I feel kind of sorry for the guy. He had the world in his hands when Bush was his sugar daddy. He thought he was going to be a star. Now, his only hope to regain the limelight is to get in good with Romney, but I doubt Romney will touch him.

Rove reminds me of bad meat.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
If you or I would have made this sort of comment, we would be in jail at this moment for conspiracy to commit murder.

Why isn't Rove in jail? Joke or not.....that's serious stuff.

Agreed. he needs to be investigated to the max as it is an insite to the way he thinks. I believe for anyone to even make a joke of such that he may have well been involved in acting out in the past or at least planned such actions.

Citizens United funds should be at the very least frozen at this point until a thorough investigation can be conducted on Mr. Rove and his associates in case any money has been used for or has been planned to be used for criminal purposes. I bet they have used some funds to stalk Todd Akin and maybe others. Look at News Corps behavior in the UK recently with there phone taps etc scandal. Rove is closely allied financially and politically with the Murdochs. There is reason now to really dig into what Rove and the rest of his ilk are all about "in quite rooms."- Mitt Romeny. A person btw who has not as of yet denounced Karl Rove. That's real curious.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

'Turd Blossom' isn't a GOP strategist anymore. He's little more than a political commentator for hire, appearing regularly on Fox news. Besides, this seems like misplaced outrage, considering people on both sides of the political spectrum expressed similar attitudes towards Akin's assbrained sentiments.

Did Rove minimize Todd Akin's comments? No. So why minimize his? "What's good for the goose is good for the (fat A) gander."

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I have made jokes like this before. I make jokes about things I'd be embarrassed to share here. But only with my husband, who understands my intent completely, so doesn't take them seriously.

But for Rove to say this at a FUNDRAISER to strangers is really quite stupid. I feel kind of sorry for the guy. He had the world in his hands when Bush was his sugar daddy. He thought he was going to be a star. Now, his only hope to regain the limelight is to get in good with Romney, but I doubt Romney will touch him.

Rove reminds me of bad meat.

Romney has not even denounced the fat pig as of yet.

We'll see though.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Problem is aren't there like loads and loads of politicians who share Atkins sentiments? Let alone the pro-lifers who vote for him who agree with his sentiments since it suits their agenda.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

True, but evidently when you are in charge of over a quarter of a billion dollars in PAC money like Mr. Rove, the responsible of PAC Citizens United you can rape your own mother on public stage for all to see, rob banks, plan murders etc and you get a pass with a chuckle, "that's just Rove he he haha," same with wing nuts like Eastwood, a white man talking down condescendingly to an invisible man symbolically sitting in a chair. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
PS

Lets face it, ROVE MUST GO!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
as a "right winger", i hate karl rove.

i wish he would go away, and take his establishment hacks with him.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you read between the lines (even if you don't), Rove's "joke" could be seen as both a threat and a coercive tactic to encourage Akin to drop out of the race out of fear for his life.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

That would be one hell of a political train coming to a halt.
Karl heads;
Citizens United, Crossroads Super PAC, and The GPS Crossroads Super PAC
which are a huge part of Romney 2012 as well as state and local elections country wide.
Very busy man right now. And very relevant.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

It's so ironic that the GOP establishment worries about Ron Paul and the like embarrassing their party by making extreme statements, but it's the establishment that is extreme. Some of the statements made by GOP politicians and their billionaire crowd supports are simply outrageous.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
If you read between the lines (even if you don't), Rove's "joke" could be seen as both a threat and a coercive tactic to encourage Akin to drop out of the race out of fear for his life.

It definitely was a harassing statement made for that particular desired effect.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Update:

The FBI recently opened an investigation into a threat against Akin, a Missouri congressman.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

SINK ROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Rove ain't nothing but a smelly-ass turd blossom anyway.

Glad to see that people on the other end despise him just as much as I do.

Karl Roverer...remember that variation in his last name because you'd be shocked at his roots.

new topics

top topics

join