It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Threaten Civilian Flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

www.businessweek.com

The rebel Free Syrian Army warned that it is going to target civilian flights using the airports in Damascus and Aleppo starting Sept. 3 because it suspects flights are used by the government to supply weapons from Russia, Iraq, Iran and Lebanon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The rebel Syrian army targeting civilian flights, targeting innocents. More people to the already 23,000+ killed in Syria
1,600 civilians killed in the past WEEK

What does it take for something like this to be resolved?
If other countries get involved, Syria has already threatened to use chemical weapons.

www.businessweek.com

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They aren't 'Rebels' so I would suggest you stop using that terminology.
They give future GOOD Rebels a terrible name..

Threatening civilian airliners, TERRORISM.

Seriously hypocritical to support a movement that would support bombing airliners after 9/11...
(not you, our leaders)
edit on 31-8-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Does make sense tho,Iran is transporting it's soldiers via airliners to support Syrian forces
How can this be resolved?..simple,Assad needs to step down

edit on 31-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Brought to you by the letter A, S and M... for American Supplied Missiles.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by A51TR3B

www.businessweek.com

The rebel Free Syrian Army warned that it is going to target civilian flights using the airports in Damascus and Aleppo starting Sept. 3 because it suspects flights are used by the government to supply weapons from Russia, Iraq, Iran and Lebanon.

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

didn't the cia send them some stingers recently?
CIA spies 'smuggle 14 Stinger missiles into Syria so rebels can take out regime warplanes www.abovetopsecret.com...

your tax dollars at work

reply to post by CALGARIAN

lol didnt see ya there cal
edit on 31-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Then if it is true, CIA sending missles, Why hasn't Syria done what they say they would? Use chemical weapons? Or do they have chemical weapons at all? Even if they did, and used them think of the results...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Because there not crazy..there chemical weapons program was developed as a detterent to war,much like nuclear weapons are,but it didnt exactly work out for them

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Does make sense tho,Iran is transporting it's soldiers via airliners to support Syrian forces
How can this be resolved?..simple,Assad needs to step down

Well said, my friend. I agree with you that the man must go.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think we should all call them terrorists instead of rebels. The media has got it mixed up. The real rebels are the ones protecting their country from NATO...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I agree the airliners from Teheran have been loaded with troops and equipment for some time......if you get involved in a war, dont expect nice nice.....
I hope they take out a bunch............

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

lol nice try,i never said he should

The fact remains that Assad IS the elected leader of Syria,not a hard-line terrorist organization set up by the west to illegally overthrow a foreign government and controll one of the largest stockpiles of chemical weapons and wmd's on the planet,who if i may add have officially formed a de-facto government in Syria
You think human rights abuses WHERE bad in Syria,you just wait...
Just for fun i looked it up,and amazingly it is Israel that takes 1st place for human rights abuses,fancy that

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
America, israel, saudi arabia, uae and others have no business intervening in foreign countries, regardless if the people want assad or not. Last time I heard many prefer assad over the muslim brotherhood, and yes assad is no saint BUT it is not like democracy can exist for a long time in the middle east.

There is too much religious tension. It has always been that way. The people ARE CONSERVATIVE by nature!

I would rather have a sunni dictatorship over a shiite democracy ANY DAY! And lets see just how democratic the muslim brotherhood is in all the arab spring countries. Hopefully they are moderates. Time will tell, and yes they should leave israel alone....as much as I dislike them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Could Iran use it as justification to get involved?

Imagine the headlines if a civilian airliner full of Iranian officials was blown up by western backed militia.

Do you think the west will advise them which airliners to actaully attack?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Syrian Rebels = El' Ciateh = Nato = the US = the CIA. What a complete joke - these guy blew up our boys in Iraq & Afghanistan & now we fund them & arm them in Libya & Syria.

A complete farce & the news media goes along with it.

Don't piss on my leg & tell me its raining!

Please - we are not stupid - not all of us anyway.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I am willing to concede that nothings 100% certain,there are lies being spread by both sides and non of us has any hard proof,untill then this is all speculation..
For all we know this could be a very well crafted plan to create a conflict and attract all the militant islamic crazies so they kill each other off,who really knows except the people pulling the strings,just be happy this isn't happening in YOUR back yard..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Iran using civilian flights to send weapons to Syria

Western security sources said Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps was employing at least two Iranian airlines to sustain the arms flow to the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad as well as Hizbullah.

“Iran has always used commercial aircraft to fly weapons secretly to
Damascus,” a Western source said. “But now, with NATO efforts to stop the flow, Iran is using the commercial air route nearly exclusively.”

Over the last year, Turkey has reported several interceptions of suspected weapons aircraft to Syria.

In one incident, Ankara said it seized a Yas Air passenger jet with weapons and bombs in March 2011.

This article is from June 2011. It mentions reports of this airline transport being detected in March 2011.

Quite simply:

Why now?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by A51TR3B

www.businessweek.com

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

NEW September 1st 2012

The Free Syrian Army (FSA) gave a 72-hour advance warning to airlines to suspend flights to Syria before the rebels try to seize civilian airports in Damascus and Aleppo. They claim the Syrian Air Force is using them 'illegally.'

72-hour warning starting today.
Rebels demand flights stop, or they will seize civilian airports.

Full Story

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by A51TR3B

The latest is Alfsa-qaeda is battling for Syria's airstrips..
edit on 1-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
They aren't 'Rebels' so I would suggest you stop using that terminology.
They give future GOOD Rebels a terrible name..

Threatening civilian airliners, TERRORISM.

Seriously hypocritical to support a movement that would support bombing airliners after 9/11...
(not you, our leaders)
edit on 31-8-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

So what should their response be when civilian airliners are used for military purposes?

top topics

join