It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Tape Of Mitt Romney Talking About Buying A Slave Labor Camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"From the video I'm assuming that America's gift to the world, as Romney refers to it, is neo-liberal capitalism and the privilege that economic system brings to the masses who can enjoy working for pennies per hour in a sweatshop factory complete with dormitories holding "12 girls per room", all of which is enclosed by barb-wired fencing. And as Romney relates, the fences are to keep the hoards of people out who are dying to fill a position in the factory as soon as someone falls over. For Romney and the typical vulture capitalist, this is a wet dream: endless numbers of cheap laborers ready to fill assembly-line positions which are unencumbered by unions, safety regulations, and basic rights for workers"

Gullible assessment at its finest...

edit on 31-8-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by Rising Against because: Removed All Caps title.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

"From the video I'm assuming that America's gift to the world, as Romney refers to it, is neo-liberal capitalism and the privilege that economic system brings to the masses who can enjoy working for pennies per hour in a sweatshop factory complete with dormitories holding "12 girls per room", all of which is enclosed by barb-wired fencing. And as Romney relates, the fences are to keep the hoards of people out who are dying to fill a position in the factory as soon as someone falls over. For Romney and the typical vulture capitalist, this is a wet dream: endless numbers of cheap laborers ready to fill assembly-line positions which are unencumbered by unions, safety regulations, and basic rights for workers"

You pretty much misrepresented the entire discussion.
edit on 31-8-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I don't trust youtube anymore. Not to mention that the video and what you say really have no relation.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

That's for you to decide... I merely quoted from the source material.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
After viewing the video, it is apparent that he is discussing what he found to be the working conditions in that area of the world! Not that he wanted that type of work ethic, environment or anything of that sort... Watch the video again... just my opinion...

link   
What you typed and what the difference is from the video, reminds me of the mainstream media. Spin it the way you want and hopefully people don't use their brain to realize how much its twisted.

link   
reply to post by Americanist

Yeah, I don't like the guy, in fact I have nothing but disdain for him. In fact I wouldn't have been suprised if he did say these things in the maner which you interpreted. But that was taken so way out of context it's not even funny. Did you even look at the tape?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The more I read about this guy. The more I see that he most moral corrupt compass of any politician i've ever seen.
It's like there's a black hole just sucking the life out of everything around him.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

How so, just because the level of labor in china is acceptable to them, does not mean its okay.

How many American jobs did Bain cut by buying that factory he talks about, he said one hundreds of people just applying for a job, with rooms stuffed with girls living and working there...

Just because its legal there does not mean its okay.

Even more so now that hes decided to run for POTUS, a man running for that position should be ashamed of a history like that.

YES it made him appreciate being born in America, but they still bought the company and did business with them.

Lets say for example if Steve Jobs was still alive, and he decided to run, how quickly would he be dragged over the Coals for Foxconn?
edit on 31-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not tracking here. Nothing the OP is hinting at appears in the clip.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ignoring the video for a moment - the external quote in text. I did not see it on the sourced Youtube page nor the comments. Did I miss it or is that text from another source?

~Heff

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Ignoring the video for a moment - the external quote in text. I did not see it on the sourced Youtube page nor the comments. Did I miss it or is that text from another source?

~Heff

I came across the above video yesterday evening. It's a recording of Mitt Romney recounting his days at Bain Capital when he was off-shoring U.S. manufacturing to slave labor camps in China. From the video I'm assuming that America's gift to the world, as Romney refers to it, is neoliberal capitalism and the privilege that economic system brings to the masses who can enjoy working for pennies per hour in a sweatshop factory complete with dormitories holding "12 girls per room", all of which is enclosed by barb-wired fencing. And as Romney relates, the fences are to keep the hoards of people out who are dying to fill a position in the factory as soon as someone falls over. For Romney and the typical vulture capitalist, this is a wet dream: endless numbers of cheap laborers ready to fill assembly-line positions which are unencumbered by unions, safety regulations, and basic right for workers. In such factories humans are reduced to cattle in order to extract the maximum profit. A Foxconn executive expressed the general sentiment of corporate capitalists when he referred to his workers as "animals" earlier this year. Despite recent reports by the Fair Labor Association (FLA) on the heels of an eye-opening report on labor conditions, the reality on the ground, as Romney can attest to from his days at Bain, is the same as it ever was: collapseofindustrialcivilization.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman

I am not a Romney fan because I actually believe he shares some the views the op insinuates. However, there is nothing in this tape where he said he was in favor of such a situation. In fact he questioned if it was proper.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by belindamck
After viewing the video, it is apparent that he is discussing what he found to be the working conditions in that area of the world! Not that he wanted that type of work ethic, environment or anything of that sort... Watch the video again... just my opinion...

No, that he'd rather make money off it as a purchase... No "sweat," if you didn't catch that part.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
What you typed and what the difference is from the video, reminds me of the mainstream media. Spin it the way you want and hopefully people don't use their brain to realize how much its twisted.

True, the media and Romney have quite a bit in common... Condition our brains while turning profits.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by Foundryman

I am not a Romney fan because I actually believe he shares some the views the op insinuates. However, there is nothing in this tape where he said he was in favor of such a situation. In fact he questioned if it was proper.

Or to phrase it slightly different... "Put your money where your mouth is."

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah, nice one... Guess I needed to search for Slave Labor instead of Secret Tape.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Guard towers to keep people out, might be true... desperate people do desperate things but it seems more likely it is to keep people in. "You seen them?... Oh we've seen them *wink wink*" It even sounded like he actually bought the crap about people being kept out but he seemed most impressed with the model, paying people pennies to make goods that sell for hundreds and thousands of dollars. Let's remember that even if this is to be interpreted as innocently as possible it is still disgusting and pretty soon we Americans will be fighting and begging for jobs and working conditions such as China has. Go Go toxic Capitalism!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This topic of working conditions has come up in other threads. It is mainly a leftist attack on Capitalism, because we know that radical communists hate Capitalism and everything it represents(independence from the State, a way to make money and be successful, building your own company, working hard to provide goods and services that other people need and want).
Work conditions in foreign countries tends to be dependent on the rules and regulations and laws of the hosting company, but somehow leftists maintain that corporations are a law unto their own wherever they are.

<<   2 >>

join