It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lurker coming out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've been lurking around ATS for a few months now and feel its time to start contributing. I feel that I've learned the basics in conducting my own research and investigations which hopefully will run into some good contributing content for others on the forum.

I will say that after reading through ATS almost on a daily basis for the "real news", I am a much more open minded person, and am willing to consider all plausible theories that have good informatiOn backing it up. Before ATS I was set in my normal daily routines, until one day I got a strange sense/feeling that something was not right in my life and everything going on around me. Being the computer nerd that I am, I began searching online for answers and ended up here, a community of people like me. It's been great knowing that it's not only me feeling this way, and coming to ATS has really kept me sane rather than thinking I'm crazy for thinking the way that I do.

I can't post in other forums yet, so I'll ask here and hope that by some random coincidence somebody local sees this, but my fiancé was on her way to work this morning in Louisville KY (US). She said everything was normal except for an odd clearing in the sky. The clouds on either side of her view were dark, but it seemed that the interstate was cOmpletely clear and even sunny. She came up over a hill only to see a mass number of stopped vehicles on and off the interstate on either side of the road, all staring up into the sky taking pictures and videos ect. I'm currently at work (and on my iPhone) so I can't do much searching. But did anyone else see what was in the sky?

I only got to talk to her for a couple minutes because she can't have her phone out, but she was genuinely terrified by the sight. In the two short minutes we spoke she described it as being very large, almost filling this entire clear part of the sky. She could seer it moving slightly from left to right and then erratically shot to the left (which I guess would be to the south / southeast) of her location on the interstate.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreWe7

Google turned up nothing new in Kentucky except this report from a sighting yesterday....

UFO Sighting
click for sighting details
Submitted 08/31/2012 11:30 UTC
Occurred 08/30/2012 12:00 UTC
City Goodlettsville
Summary 4 circlelar lights going around meeting in middle the repeting after about 20 minutes lights met in middle went straight up and disappeard
Tags nonewww.ufostalker.com...

I would think if others saw what your girlfriend did...we'd know a lot more by now....Also...what do you mean by *she couldn't have her phone out*.

Des

edit on 31-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
(Johnny rolls out the Welcome Wagon Buffet Cart, cues the music to be played for the 25 Cent Tour)

Welcome WhereAreWe7

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from & to add your thoughts to right now. Once you have achieved a minimum of 20 post replies, you'll be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by WhereAreWe7

Google turned up nothing new in Kentucky except this report from a sighting yesterday....

UFO Sighting
click for sighting details
Submitted 08/31/2012 11:30 UTC
Occurred 08/30/2012 12:00 UTC
City Goodlettsville
Summary 4 circlelar lights going around meeting in middle the repeting after about 20 minutes lights met in middle went straight up and disappeard
Tags nonewww.ufostalker.com...

I would think if others saw what your girlfriend did...we'd know a lot more by now....Also...what do you mean by *she couldn't have her phone out*.

Des

edit on 31-8-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

She just got off and called me to give me more details about it. Her description was very vague, I honestly couldn't even begin to describe the shape of it just going by her details but obviously it had to spark some attention in others because the entire right lane was going 10-15 MpH and many people were pulled off trying to snap pictures.

I may have worded it wrong, but she couldn't have her phone out at work to call or text me the details. She said she attempted to take a picture multiple times but it wasnt showing up on her camera. By the time she got to a higher point on the road is when she caught her last glimpse of it shooting South/SouthEast.

What really intrigued me about all of this is what her boss and boss' friend told her at her work. Her boss' friend is in marketing for a few of the local news stations. He immediately called a few of his connections at these stations and was told that they had been receiving tons of calls since 8-9 this morning (roughly the time she was on the road), yet nobody could provide pictures. All were claiming that they had pulled out their cameras/phones/iPads etc to take pictures, yet all pictures taken showed nothing in the sky. It was not visible through their viewfinder either, which was also the case with my fiancé. She said she pulled her phone out but it wasnt showing up on her phone, at which point she thought she was just to far away for her camera to focus on it.

I'm sure something will pop up about it soon, I'm figuring that most people that saw it were on their way to work and haven't went to the Internet/media yet for that reason. I've been searching all day and have had no luck. If you find anything please post back here!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
I too have been a lurker of this site for a while. There are way better conversations on here about interesting stuff than other sites like GLP and Infowars.
Good luck!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallintheegg
Welcome to ATS!
I too have been a lurker of this site for a while. There are way better conversations on here about interesting stuff than other sites like GLP and Infowars.
Good luck!

Thanks! And the same goes for you! GLP has been absolutely horrible to me. I occasionally lurk there, but usually only because it turns up in a google search. I've been banned from their site for "Obsessive IP Changing" which is truly beyond my control. The ban message i see whenever i go to their site gives me the option to either stay banned, or pay a ridiculous 30-50$ "Premium Membership" fee. It's all a crock to me, and many others agree. ATS is where it's at if your into conspiracies and real news that never actually makes it to the mass population!

Good luck to you as well!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
In for my first post here, and oddly enough, I too am in Louisville Kentucky. The cloud patterns and weather have been wild the past two days because the remnants of Hurricane/Tropical storm Isaac is currently moving over us and stalled out in the Ohio valley. I've been watching the skies the past few days because the clouds/cloud formations are so interesting and ominous looking at times,from sunlight to overcast in moments. It can make for some spectacular juxtaposed images. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverWraith

Glad to know there are people around me seeing the same things i am seeing! I do agree with what you're saying though, the weather has been very odd lately. A lot of spontaneous storms and temperature fluctuation in our area, as well as surrounding areas. I can see where your coming from, and if i had seen it you better believe i would be gathering all the evidence that i possibly could. However, according to my fiance it was only a matter of a couple minutes before it had gone. She said it was very dark on either side of i64, but directly over the interstate it was completely clear. The dark clouds came to a perfectly straight line, she said she could see it raining to her right and left, yet there was no rain on the road and no rain falling on the road. But she could see the fields on either side of i64 building up puddles of water and rain splashing in those puddles. The hovering object was in the clear part of the sky when she first saw it. She thought she was crazy because the night before i had been showing her some of the 2012 UFO sightings. Although it didn't look like any UFO's we saw, she says it was 100% an aircraft of some sort, just not one we are accustomed to seeing.

It's possible it was military, or something else of that sort. But just by her description it seems that the technology it had was quite advanced. If it truly was hoovering with a slight sway to the left and right, and then the rapid propulsion into the stormier clouds.

it's hard to say what she saw, and i'm not in any way claiming that this event truly took place. But i did see the clouds/sky on i64 after she called and that part of her description was accurate, and it truly was a sight in itself. As far as the hoovering aircraft i would have to call the local news stations myself to find out if those reports were actually made. I didn't want to follow this thing to far in depth without at least 1 more witness to the event.

If you ever need me to corroborate a story, or witness an event your seeing please don't hesitate to message me. I would be more than happy to work with someone locally to help report sightings and events in our area!

Thanks for replying to my post though, and good luck in your future ATS exploration!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thanks for the ATS greeting! I look forward to contributing to the site, and hopefully i will eventually be viewed as a viable source of news and informative information! From what i have seen the mods here are great, and that's always a key factor for me when joining a new site!

top topics

join