It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I can judge if needed.

Also, I have a great (I think) topic. Now I know that there are better debaters than I so I would gladly just be an audience member for this if two of you better debaters did this.

Performance-enhanced drugs and athletes. Should they be given the same consideration as non-performance-enhanced athletes?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

edit on 12/24/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I too, can judge at the moment if needed, for the Guild of Fighters!!!

Of course.

SS

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas to all of you in the debate forum.

Oh, and happy new year.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I just wanted to pop in and say Merry Christmas to all of you in the debate forum.

Oh, and happy new year.

And to you and yours, as well!

Here's looking forward to an awesome 2013, at least we will have less intrusions by Timewave Zero and the Mayans, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Oh, and happy new year.

Does that mean that the world will not end??

I also wish you the very best SS !! 2013 will be a blast !! No pun intended...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I would have jumped in to judge but my mind is so frazzled still from the disaster here at home and the disaster my state just endured (Sandy Hook Elementary) that I don't think I could be a good judge or debater at this time..

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Judgements in the "Is Consumerism Taught, Or A Natural Human Desire?" thread are in... And the winner is....

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Congrats to curiousrb for participating in a tough debate topic! It all came down to a tie-breaker, which says a lot to me. Excellent challenge, and I would like to see you take on a few other members as well, before I offer up a re-match.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am trying to find the motivation to do a reply, but I have been blasted with the "flu bug". Heck of a time to get sick, during the holidays.

I spent most of yesterday asleep in bed, and only feel marginally better today.

I should, however, get post number 2 up by this evening. *coughs, sneezes again, and grabs a tissue*

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hello,

a Merry Christmas and Happy new years to the ATS debates forum from Spike, and Canada.

Have a great 2013 everyone

SS

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

You too man. It was great to be put straight in the deep end with you being at the top of the list and I admire how well you presented your argument. I can't stress enough how fantastic it was of you to accept my first challenge and give me a taste of the forum. I will gladly take my spot as second place, and would like to extend my thanks to the judges. Having judged one before I started my debate, I know that it is very difficult. Not only figuring out who presents a better argument, but finding time to do it. I bet the judges are a great help to keeping this forum alive.

Anyway with that I am ready and willing to take on someone in a topic!

A few I would like to propose are.

The Nazi Party - This part of history is about to repeat itself.

Society is better off with a iconic figure in charge. (eg: King/Queen/Ruler/Emperor)

Inventions are based off the idea of humans desire to put less effort into their daily lives.

Religion is becoming a trend rather than a belief

Religious principals have more importance placed on them in law over logical thinking

Genghis Khan was an honorable, logical and fair leader

Human inventions are making us more incompetent

Medieval war strategists were better than those of modern day

Quite a few there. Would love for anyone to come forth and challenge me!
edit on 26-12-2012 by curiousrb because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
The Nazi Party - This part of history is about to repeat itself.

Nazis are kind of frowned upon on ATS, but another way to argue this might be:

"The rise of organized hatred towards others in society is a sign of its imminent collapse."

I could do either pro or con on that one.

Society is better off with a iconic figure in charge. (eg: King/Queen/Ruler/Emperor)

Don't all societies have this, in some fashion? Obama and Harper might just be temporary President and Prime Minister, but isn't that still the "iconic figure in charge"?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

Human inventions are making us more incompetent

Id enjoy taken the "con" side of "Human inventions are making us more competent". That should make for a funny debate because its easy to see both sides.

However, Id prefer to debate one of the unbeatables first....Hefficide or adjensen. Their reputation is that they are almost impossible to beat and Id love to learn from their skills by debating them.

So if one of you two are interested...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
However, Id prefer to debate one of the unbeatables first....Hefficide or adjensen. Their reputation is that they are almost impossible to beat and Id love to learn from their skills by debating them.

So if one of you two are interested...

Well, I'm far from unbeatable, but I'm always up for a debate. Topic of your choice, or we can put it to Heff or Druid to give us a random one.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

We can do the topic I quoted by curiousb or one of the following (take your pick):

The most likely place to uncover hidden mysteries of our past will be Antarctica (pro or con)

Beer is better than Wine (pro or con)

Public School is a waste of time (me pro, you con)

The middle east is a great place to live (me pro, you con)

Or suggest some of your own.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

We can do the topic I quoted by curiousb or one of the following (take your pick):

Public School is a waste of time (me pro, you con)

I can definitely take the "con" on this one.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

I can definitely take the "con" on this one.

Deal. I`ll get the pro up today or tommorow.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well in today's society you can see a difference in their influence. A King or queen, didn't really answer to anyone. Leaders in today's world aren't a symbol of power to me. Perhaps i should have phrased it to say something along the lines of '' Society was better off with ancient rulers than today's world leaders''

I know Nazis are frowned upon, but it's not being disrespectful at all, to anyone. The reason I closely related it to Nazis, rather than a generalization was because of the fact, the SS which was an institution of the Third Reich as you will probably know, had control overall police forces and internal security duties in Germany. Something which I feel is happening today throughout various countries.
I wouldn't like to change the title as I believe that defeats the purpose. Having to ''sugar coat'' the more sinister side of WWII on this website is odd to me.

edit on 26-12-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Our new Debate is up:

Public Schools are a waste of time

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join