It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhinged Again! Chris Matthews and MSNBC Now Claim the Word 'Chicago' Is Racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
DON'T Say CHICAGO!!

I am amazed that this dolt (Matthews) still remains employed and fully supported by this disgusting network.
Matthews has been know to overplay the race card but this takes the cake...

But tonight's episode of race-baiting with Chris Matthews was a bit odd in that the panelists somehow came to the conclusion that reminding people of the President's roots in Chicago politics is racist. In fact, simply saying Chicago is racist. (Video below).

Robinson sets the racial tone by saying (h/t The Right Newz):

"It's all part of this Barack Obama as 'other' sort of blanket campaign that has been waged by the Republican Party for some time now. It may be gaining some traction now, though I wonder why now as opposed to a bit closer to election."

Matthews then demonstrates his mind-numbing ability to take an idiotic statement, amplify it, and subsequently make it exponentially more idiotic coming from his mouth, when he said this:

"Yea, well let me ask you about that gentleman. What about now, is this constant barrage of assaults, saying the guy is basically playing an old game of demagoguery politics, where you take the money from the worker bees and give it to the poor people to buy votes. That's basically what they're charging him with. Old big-style, big-city machine of 50 years ago."

He added, "They keep saying Chicago by the way, have you noticed? They keep saying Chicago. That's another thing that sends that message - this guy's helping the poor people in the bad neighborhoods, screwing us in the 'burbs."

Hielemann helpfully interpreted Matthews statement, presumably for those too challenged to understand basic words (or as we in the business refer to them - Hardball viewers), by making this jaw-dropping statement:

"There's a lot of black people in Chicago."

Yes, because referring to the city of Chicago would have nothing to do with trying to link the President to a long, storied history of corruption. It simply has to be in reference to all of the black people living there.

Read more: newsbusters.org...

So, clearly the goal of MSNBC is to apply the race card to to any statement that attempts to criticize Obama. MSNBC and Matthews are creating their own racist "code speak" in order to attack any critical GOP member who opposes Obama's policies and record.

When will this nonsense ever stop....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I am sure ole Chris has a pass to get into the bunker when TSHTF. If he doesn't he is truely an idiot!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Chris Matthews said NOTHING about "racism" or "racist" ... Hielemann is the one who mentioned race.

Where do you get your title?
edit on 8/30/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Chris Matthews said NOTHING about "racism" or "racist" ... Where do you get your title?

Indeed. The world needs to know.

So, where does the "claim" come from?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The RNC is highly upset they are polling at 0% among African Americans. So what do they do? Complain about Obama having poor people, (or how the RNC veiws them, "black people") as a priority.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I stopped listening to Matthews in 08 when he was clearly over the top for Obama.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm sorry I can't help you.... Read the transcript. Matthews and his buddies are clearly at again.

Chicago...Chicago... Chicago!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I never cared much for Chris Matthews to begin with. Then he started talking about things below his waist tingling when he thought about another man. That was pretty much it for me.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
I'm sorry I can't help you....

I know you can't. You can't quote it because he didn't say it!

Read the transcript.

I did. And as I said, nowhere did Chris Matthews say anything about race. You're playing the race card.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by jibeho

I am sure ole Chris has a pass to get into the bunker when TSHTF. If he doesn't he is truely an idiot!

would you spend a year plus with chris matthews drunkenness and non stop manure pouring out of his mouth.

the answer to that question would be giant no, he has no pass to any underground bunker.

he's a tool, being paid very well to push agendas.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

""They keep saying Chicago by the way, have you noticed? They keep saying Chicago. That's another thing that sends that message - this guy's helping the poor people in the bad neighborhoods, screwing us in the 'burbs." "

""There's a lot of black people in Chicago."

Why do they keep saying Chicago?? Have you noticed?? They keep saying Chicago..... Wonder why?? Clearly they (GOP) are saying Chicago because "Theres a lot of Black people in Chicago" Therefore the GOP think that Obama only wants to help poor Black people in Chicago.. According to Matthews and his team.

CHICAGO!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
There are a lot of crooks in Chicago political machine, no doubt about that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Context is always so key. Technically they are talking about the connotations of what is commonly referred to as Chicago politics and that practice traces back to Irish Catholics.

Why the guy at the end of the tape feels the need to state that "there are a lot of black people in Chicago" is beyond me right now, as a 50-ish second clip doesn't offer enough context. But the references to Chicago politics are saying that people tend to associate the President with what were traditionally Irish Catholic "dirty" politics.

I'm half Irish and I'm not offended.

And for the record... I don't pay attention to pundits and can honestly tell you I have no clue at all what Chris Mathews politics are. Pundits from both sides are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i just wanted to chime in and say i've watched his show a few times and it frustrated me to the point i could punch him in the nose!! haha i mean he has guests, he asks them questions then rants, yells and talks through everything they say, it kills me! seems like he has a need to assert control or make them see it's his show and the quests are just political eye candy or something HA i'm angry just thinking about this guy.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I can imagine a brain-storming session where running against Obama could be considered racist.

Ooops, sorry Chris. Didn't mean to blow it for ya'.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Chicago...Chicago... Chicago!!!

I reckon that makes you a damn racist! Doesn't it? LOL

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I've been a racist around ATS ever since the 2008 election cycle... Can't wait for some of those folks to come back with new user names....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I've been a racist around ATS ever since the 2008 election cycle...

I know! I read a many of your posts with great interest! I reckon that makes me a "damn racist" too!

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When watching Mathews I can't help but be reminded of the scene in a Beautiful Mind with the spider web of strings running between all the various "connections" in the news articles. I wouldn't be surprised if this election cycle marks the end of Chris's career and his final descent into full blown psychosis.
Enter Nurse Ratchet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join