It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers in Obama assassination plot vowed they were "giving the government back to the people!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Soldiers in Obama assassination plot vowed they were "giving the government back to the people!"

www.dvorak.o rg

The bizarre story began unfurling on Monday after Pfc. Michael Burnett, dressed in his Army uniform, testified in a southeast Georgia court against his fellow militia members. Prosecutors accused the group F.E.A.R. (Forever Enduring Always Ready) of buying $87,000 worth of assault rifles, bomb materials, and semiautomatic weapons in a plot to bomb a park in nearby Savannah, poison apple orchards in Washington state and blow up a dam with the ultimate goal of ....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ga. Murder Case Uncovers Terror Plot by Soldiers

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

... with the ultimate goal of overthrowing the government and killing Barack Obama. The group also stands accused of murdering former U.S. soldier Michael Roark and his girlfriend Tiffany York after they learned of the group’s plans.

Just an update... what they once called a "Terror Plot by Soldiers" is now being called an "Obama assassination plot" ... catchy headline no? Narrative change... just in time for the upcoming political show!

They threaten the soldier they caught with the death penalty .. then this comes out.

Hard to believe that the entire organization consists of 4 people. And not just 4 people - but 4 junior enlisted people.

The alleged ringleader - former Congressional page, describes himself as the "nicest cold-blooded killer you'll ever meet." Someone, somewhere has got to have better info than we are getting. I find the 'by the book' response by the authorities to be shamefully weak.

The four U.S. soldiers implicated in the crimes, Pvt. Isaac Aguigui, Sgt. Anthony Peden, Pvt. Christopher Salmon and Burnett, are all active members of the U.S. Army. According to Burnett, the group’s rationale behind killing the president was “to give the government back to the people,” according to CNN….The Associated Press reports that the group courted current and former soldiers “who were in trouble or disillusioned.” Prosecutors said they had no idea of the size of F.E.A.R.’s membership.

The idea that there was a magical means to identify, let alone "court," troubled or disillusioned soldiers strikes me as Hollywood simplistic.... "radicalization" anyone?

www.dvorak.o rg
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit to add: The AP reported, "he used the Army to recruit militia members, who wore distinctive tattoos that resemble an anarchy symbol." --- the resemblance must have led to their initial declaration that these were anarchists.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
These guys don't deserve the ink they're getting. Four hapless low-level soldiers actually thought they could shoot up Savannah, bomb a dam in Washington, and assissanate the President in one fell swoop? And with what? Garden variety single shot semi-automatic weapons you can buy at Wal-Mart. Delusions of grandeur. These guys would screw up a 7-11 robbery attempt.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This administration is all about perception and how to alter it. Give the nutters a bit more credit then they deserve and watch how the masses draw their own conclusions. First the gangs were sending people into the military for weapons training and nowadays it's the soldiers are possible domestic terrorists.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So now there will be new processes in place in the military to "watch your fellow soldier".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is obviously a psyop. Good patsys are hard to find therefore these fake plots are usually overly simplistic. Rekember, lee harvey oswald was the only gunman..... And he killed kennedy! So of course 4 people could kill obama.

Theyre trying to take our rights away. and im not talking about gun rights. im talking about the right to not be locked up because you MIGHT do something. They already passed the ndaa, theyre just trying to get public approval to use it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Stories like these, it's no wonder ASVAB scores are typically in the 40 - 60 range.

Intellectual juggernauts like these fellows are simply doomed to fail.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So now there will be new processes in place in the military to "watch your fellow soldier".

Yeah all they have to do is check their internet spy bot "Oggle" and filter for service members.
After all, those crazy rebels were saying the very same thing, and we all know how that turned out...

Servicemen are one of the last hopes I have for the U.S. Well... the deserving ones anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My 1st impression is hoax by the gov. I will refrain from that until the whole truth is known in 20 yrs when it's aired on the History channel.
edit on 29-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
They are attempting to make the message of, "giving America back" a message to fear.

Tick tock..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Giving it back to who? Urgh, I doubt they had people like me in mind. I'm not surprised though. The economy is in the toilet and people are losing it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Giving it back to who? Urgh, I doubt they had people like me in mind. I'm not surprised though. The economy is in the toilet and people are losing it.
My sentiments exactly, Antonia.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Yes, they will soon be able to do away with all the soldiers...those are the ones who need to disappear first...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
Yes, they will soon be able to do away with all the soldiers...those are the ones who need to disappear first...

Exactly.

Damn anarchists and their libertarian views,human rights and their freedom of expression. The corporate slaves can't start thinking they can live without the state. They must be blindly obedient and ignorant. They must me dependent on the state on every level.

No.

Political anarchism is pure freedom and free organization of individuals without a state structure.Not random chaos and terrorism. Of course the corporate power brokers hate freedom.
More competition for them.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
These guys don't deserve the ink they're getting. Four hapless low-level soldiers actually thought they could shoot up Savannah, bomb a dam in Washington, and assissanate the President in one fell swoop? And with what? Garden variety single shot semi-automatic weapons you can buy at Wal-Mart. Delusions of grandeur. These guys would screw up a 7-11 robbery attempt.

This.

As someone in the military(not Army), this is a few bad apples that black eye the rest of us. and this pisses me off more than you can know. When people do crap like this, you know what happens to the rest of us? We are all punished and looked at as stupid people that would never have a job if they didn't join the military. and that's what military is for, for people too stupid to have a career.

I just spent a 12 hour day, being lectured about ethics... Or as I call it common sense. If you think it's wrong don't do it. Could have summed the whole thing up. Well no S# Thanks for wasting my day telling me what I already know. But there are people that NEED to be told what to do, and yes, some of them are in the military. Are we all mental midgets running around with rifles looking for an officer to tell us which end points towards the enemy? No, but there are bad apples... in EVERYTHING.

Guys I can't speak for all branches, but most people I know join with good intentions, and serve because they feel it is their duty... Many are immigrants that feel they owe it because of the chance America gave them... what is wrong with that? That is awesome.. Some, because their fathers and grandfathers did, and they want to follow in their foot steps. People like me, Cause I wanted too see if I could hack it. Please lets not go back to the Vietnam days where people who served honorably, and did what OUR government and leadership told them they have to do, and they were shunned for it.
edit on 29-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Strange dreams these people had. I can't understand their logic, how would their plan accomplish anything?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Haha, do you honestly think if we had no military you would be ok? Because you can be told what to do, and believe, you might live longer, but only till your masters decided you have no purpose.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

First thing OP is right the way they changed the main story to assassination plot is just sensationalizing it.

"Defendant Aguigui actively recruited new members at Fort Stewart (in southeast Georgia) and targeted soldiers who were in trouble or disillusioned," she said.

He talked about how he and three others accused -- Pvt. Isaac Aguigui, Sgt. Anthony Peden and Pvt. Christopher Salmon -- had begun getting together, "just going out shooting guns, just guy stuff."

"And then Aguigui introduced me to 'the manuscript,' that's what he called it, a book about true patriots," the soldier said.

The four men became part of a group that aimed "to give the government back to the people," according to Burnett, who said that revolution was its goal.

From what this reads at least one was a SGT. That’s how I read it or at least had knowledge.

The military's Criminal Investigative Division (CID) probe is ongoing, though it is not believed there are any "unknown subjects" -- or people besides those four men -- tied to these crimes, Larson said.

CID is a joke but I am kind of confused about this statement. It says only 4 tied to the crimes but being in a militia is not against the law and the charges are dealing with the murder. It is against the UCMJ to be part of a militia but there has been mention that there were former members of the military as well.

In a statement Monday, Larson insisted that Fort Stewart and its affiliated Hunter Army Airfield do not have "a gang or militia problem."

Either things have changed drastically since I was stationed there or there information is wrong because a guy that was in my platoon was in a militia that is why I am so interested in this story.

CNN Article

edit on 29-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: Quotes were cut off

Sorry first time useing the news blocks
edit on 29-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: qoute was cut off

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
They are attempting to make the message of, "giving America back" a message to fear.

Tick tock..

We wont hear about it but these guys may have had an "handler".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Exactly.

Damn anarchists and their libertarian views,human rights and their freedom of expression. The corporate slaves can't

Please, and I'm asking nicely, try to make sense when you speak, or type. Libertarians, want, to, follow, our, constitution. I put commas there in hopes you'll read it slow. The way to get BACK to that, is not to has a stupid fail plan to kill our elected President. That is RETARDED. it is, to make people aware of what is going on, and why we need to fix it. Local(county) elections is how this starts, VOTE and vote for people that think like you, that IS the Ron Paul movement, if you missed it, you have the IQ of a rock, you don't have to agree with it. But don't lie about what it is.

<<   2  3 >>

join