It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant Access my old pictures.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
When click the link that supposed to take my to my old pictures, it takes me to some videos. It may just be me, but that doesnt seem to be right... Anyways, i was just wondering how to find these long lost old pictures of mine.

-SL

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Me too, I messaged "Gazrok" about it but haven't had a reply yet.

If personal upload space is gone, how can we access our pics.

I understand any uploads to threads should stay in place for continuity but what about my avatar, BG and signatures which occasionally I like to swop around?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would also love to go through my old stuff badly but , at a guess , I`m gonna say that it my be a issue involving the security of members and if so , I can live with that .
The fact that they are still on the site at all is very cool IMO.
(it may also be something that may involve a insane amount of linking them and coding I suppose)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I'm sure something's changed and I don't remember being told.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility
posted on Wed Sep 21 2011

In about two months, general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off....

HTH

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well that kinda sucks. I guess all those avatars i made are basically gone. And the signatures. Cool!

-SL

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Yeah, that kinda does suck a little bit. I didn't have any ground breaking images on my account, but there were a few I would have liked to keep.

I guess that message went out to the ATS Membership at some point, but I do not remember ever seeing it. Seems like a very important change like this would have a high priority for alerting members.

Maybe a big deal was made about it and I just completely missed it. Just yesterday I noticed the 'old pictures' link transferring me to archived videos and wondered what the deal about that was.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

but there were a few I would have liked to keep.

If you posted them on ATS/BTS they would still be there to grab and save elsewhere.

Also if you happened to have saved the direct links to your pictures they should still work and obviously would make finding them easier .

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

You mean if I posted them in a thread, then I could visit the thread and reclaim them that way?

There may be a couple that I posted in threads, but mainly had the images for reference and future use when a situation came up where they would be relavent.

I would have the direct link and actual image saved to my hard drive, in fact, they probably are on the hard drive still... The problem with that is the laptop crapped out a while back and I discarded it without salvaging hard drive info...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes, if you can find them in a post, as a link or an embed, you should be able to save them again .

Hopefully to a thumbdrive or similar.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well the best thread I ever created now has no pictures which was the whole point of the thread.

Click link in my signature and you'll see. The thread is ruined!

There is NO access to older uploaded pictures even though there is a link. It is DEAD!

Are we expected to reupload and edit a NON editable post to put the site's mistake right.

This is nearly the end...5+ years and I'm REALLY ******!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

If they were associated with your old Media Portal account, then yes, they are no longer available.

As was advised in the original announcement thread Here.

Staff can re-edit threads to add the content if you re-upload the pics.

Just send me a PM with the pics in order after you upload them and I will add them to your existing thread.

~Tenth
edit on 9/3/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I will leave copies of the pictures online so the associated direct links still function for the sake of posterity.

Thankyou for the offer of editing, but no, I will not be uploading any further pictures to ATS due to the fact that I'm really unhappy with the site at the moment.

Not just missing pics but other rantworthy stuff.

Thanks "tothetenthpower", your modship is tip top .

nerb

top topics

join