It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility (UPDATED: and more info)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A new link has just appeared for all members under the "tools" menu above: upload.

This is a brand new, custom-developed, feature exclusive to ATS members that provides direct uploads of images (jpg, png, gif) to our high-performance Content Delivery Network for use on ATS or any other site you frequent.

In this first "BETA" version, file sizes are limited to 500 kilobytes but is open to all members. Once the testing is completed, you'll need at least 20 posts to be able to use the upload feature.

We've tried to make this a much more simple (maybe even drop-dead simple) tool for our members, with no requirements for a second log-in. When you upload an image file, a thumbnail is automatically generated, and should appear in the area to the right of the "select image file" button (for most web browsers). Clicking on the thumbnail provides details on your uploaded image, including BBcode for using it on ATS.

A new function has been introduced that will make it much easier to add images to your profile for your avatar, mini-profile background, or signature. When you click the thumbnail, the new page has three links just below the image, clicking those links takes you to your profile page with the information for the selected image pre-populated into the proper form field. All you need to do is confirm the update by submitting the change to your profile.

New BBcode!

There are two new BBcodes that are integrated with the new upload system. Both make it easier to include your images in ATS posts.

THUMBNAILS! ---> [thumb]image.jpg[/thumb]
This BBcode allows you to just place the name of your uploaded image file between the new "thumb" BBcode tags for an inline linked-thumbnail in your posts... like this:
([thumb]4e79758d.jpg[/thumb])
This will make it much easier to include very-large pixel-dimension images into posts.

Inline Image --->[pic]image.jpg[/pic]
This serves the same function as previous IMG BBcodes, except that you don't need the full URL if it's a file you've uploaded to the new upload tool.

media.abovetopsecret.com will end!

In about two months, general access to your albums in the media.abovetopsecret.com website will be shut off. The core software we purchased to run the "media portal" has reached a "difficult to maintain" point, which is why we've launched this new custom-built service.

However, none of the images will be removed. Anything you've uploaded and included in threads (including avatars and backgrounds) will still remain functional.

Deleting Images

At present, there is no ability to delete a file. And most likely, as we further develop the system, deleting files may be somewhat limited as the expectation is that you'll be using these images in threads... and a slew of missing pictures may make some future threads somewhat confusion.

Report any bugs in this thread.

edit on 21-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Awesome mate, thanks for all your hard work

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I just tried it.

Hmm the picture doesnt seem to appear in my gallery area after I upload it, does that mean if I want to save it to link later I have to bookmark it? also, how can I delete it later if I wish to?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Great to hear.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Can't wait to give it a shot, thanks!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Cool

However, I just accidently uploaded a "test" picture, before I actually received the U2U & this announcement...(I was amazed to see this button, that I thought, I'd never noticed before lol...)

& I wanna delete the picture now...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Great thanks! Cant wait to use it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Hmm the picture doesnt seem to appear in my gallery area after I upload it

Did it appear after you clicked the "upload" link in the "tools" menu again?

A few browsers don't automatically refresh the gallery after the upload is completed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
wanna delete the picture now...

The instructions below the "select image file" button indicate that deleting images is not yet an option.

Unless someone knows the specific file name, no one will see it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Great to hear.

reply to post by davespanners

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thank you, thank you.

I found an article I wanted to share yesterday and was disappointed that I couldn't upload the pictures. I was so happy just now to come here and see that you'd provided this service.

I've made good use of it already:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
No way to delete an upload?

Oops.... confirmed.. no deletions yet....
edit on 21-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply! Just one more thing...

I don't think the "link to profile" buttons are working properly...Or the uploads are working properly...As I've just uploaded a new profile background image...But now, my mini-profile background is coming up as blank!

Please help

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Firstly I can't get into my old pictures.
I loaded a pic the new way and pasted
it on this thread, after previewing all I
got was the code, the pic did not
show as it did with the poster above.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Try it again. It looks like you did something to the form field before submitting as the URL is malformed.

I used the function to assign my mini-profile background without trouble.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I was just going to come on, to say i re-loaded the pic & it still didn't work...

Until I scrolled down this thread, to see it has worked! Just hasn't shown up on the side of "Tools".

You tha man, Skeptic.
edit on 21-9-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: tools

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I just get this, not the pic.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Oh I see the pic doesn't show up until
you click reply but not on preview. Thanks
a bunch. Now if I could only get to the pics
I have in my pictures from previously.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
SO. You are da man. I've been hoping for this feature.

Works only in a post though if you use "External full URL link:"

ETA: Or not. I just read Daisy's post.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Sounds great.

I've wasted sometimes a 30 min to an hour trying to get just the right sequence of characters from my photobucket URL for an image to work at ATS.

Wouldn't be so bad . . . except that I'd think I'd learned how to do it and select just the right img characters delimitted recisely right . . . only to discover I seemed to not have learned anything useful.

I hope this is simpler. LOL.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join