It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is FREE, but SHOULD HAVE DONATIONS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I've been lurking on this site since 1998. Before many of you even became members. They have censored many of my posts and even removed some of my threads. But overall, you can't find a better site to express your own opinions. I definitely know they do not see "eye to eye" with me on certain "political" opinions, yet they still let me be "who i am." I grew up in California, where opinions are always ONE-SIDED. ATS is actually FAIR, IMO. I haven't found a donations link on this site, but I will keep my money where my mouth is. Whenever ATS has a donations link, I will donate.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

yeah, more donations = less advertisments = more independence.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by RELDDIR

yeah, more donations = less advertisments = more independence.

I really hope that you are being sarcastic.

Give me one instance of proof that more money to ANY company equaled less advertisements and more independence...
edit on 29-8-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

why ? the advertising on ats does influence the "spirit" of this site, doesn't it ? less influence = more honesty.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

reply to post by RobertF

why ? the advertising on ats does influence the "spirit" of this site, doesn't it ? less influence = more honesty.

I don't know, does it?
This is why I asked for proof.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

i think so. if you let companies influence the visitors of your site, it takes something off from the original spirit (intention), imo.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by RobertF

i think so. if you let companies influence the visitors of your site, it takes something off from the original spirit (intention), imo.

The advertisements on any website including ATS are based upon your "clicks" or past search history (if you do not allow those in your browser (cookies), they will include the current information being viewed base on keywords in the title of the URL.

It is simple to assume then that it does influence or at least support your habits. ATS uses ADDSTAR for their advertisements by the way.
edit on 29-8-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There are plenty of other sites for suckers that do...

Have at it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Ignore
edit on 29-8-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Before the IGNORE "edit.": I don't feel that I was "selected" in regards to time travel. But, I do remember printing out all of the articles that were secret back in 1998 and have all of them stashed away. It wasn't popular to conspire about anything in 1998, as Clinton was President and the Economy was "Good." But I do remember still having pre-2000s information about the 7 + underground levels in Dulce Base, NM. And other goodies like Majestic 12, etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I'm confused, you've made a few posts regarding ATS and money today.

What's the deal?! Lol

ETA: I dobt they need donations, their AD revenue could support me most my life out of work.

Have you seen how much of google they dominate? And they sure as hell make enough to hire some top lawyers..
edit on 29-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

LOL, no deal at all. I have nothing to do with ATS. I use to run a small business and understand how hard it is. This is my favorite site on the web. I just can't believe how much time I spend here.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'm getting a kick out of everyone's response here. There's no conspiracy here.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Perhaps

Before the IGNORE "edit.": I don't feel that I was "selected" in regards to time travel. But, I do remember printing out all of the articles that were secret back in 1998 and have all of them stashed away. It wasn't popular to conspire about anything in 1998, as Clinton was President and the Economy was "Good." But I do remember still having pre-2000s information about the 7 + underground levels in Dulce Base, NM. And other goodies like Majestic 12, etc.

I deleted that post because it was slightly off topic and didn't fully address the overall content of the OP - yet since you've brought it back up though....how about you scan those 1998 ATS articles that your alluding to and upload them for all to see.

I'll patiently wait....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Give me a few months.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

I am actually freaking out myself. I could be a time traveler. I swear to GOD, the hair on the back of my head is becoming stiff.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

To be honest, I think the ink on those print-outs from 1998 have evaporated. I don't want to start any conspiracies here and won't be posting anymore on this thread. ATS

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Ahh fair enough

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm accepting donations

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well since the direct link want's to misbehave... go here and take the Wayback machine to early 1999 to see what ATS started life as....

~Heff
edit on 8/29/12 by Hefficide because: link was pissy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join