It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allah for Kerry???!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This morning I was toodling about town trying to get errands done and I saw a group of middle eastern men, maybe in their early 20's, in a parking lot. They all had shirts with "Allah for Kerry" printed on them! They were loading what looked like flyers into the back of a van and they had a sticker on the side of their van that said Allah for Kerry!

I wanted to get a picture of it with my camera phone but by the time I turned around and got back to the parking lot the van was gone and so were all the men. I'll be out and about again this afternoon and hopefully I can find these guys and get photos.

Has anyone seen a rally or campaiging with the Allah for Kerry slogan? I thought it was very strange and IMHO it's not a very effective way to get people to vote Kerry. What do you all make of this? I'll post pictures if I can track these guys down.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have not seen anything but it will be interesting if you are able to get some picks.

Now is nothing illegal on having muslin Americans wearing T-shirts with the words of Allah in them after all Allah is the same Christian god but in another language.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Theres only one explination for that, whoever made those was obviously a bush supporter who was trying to play on the nerves of undecided voters who fear muslims. So the opposite thing to do would be, make signs posters saying "inbred whitetrash hicks for bush" or "ultra right wing neo nazi fascists for bush" or my favorite "child molesting CEOs for bush"

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It could honestly be Arabs who want to see Bush deposed, but maybe aren't quite understanding the level of anti-arab resentment in the US at the moment... Such resentment by ignorance often makes me sad for my fellow Americans to be honest....

after all Allah is the same Christian god but in another language.

Eventually, a muslim member is going to roast that one, so just a heads up there.... Christians may see it that way, muslims do not....

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ha, ha, ha, Gazrok,

Its so funny, perhaps a islamic radical may thing their god is unique but the truth is just the same old thing.

Good point

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Now is nothing illegal on having muslin Americans wearing T-shirts with the words of Allah in them

I realize that. I wasn't thinking it was illegal, just kind of strange.

Theres only one explination for that, whoever made those was obviously a bush supporter who was trying to play on the nerves of undecided voters who fear muslims.

That is what I was thinking. However, I did a google search out of curiosity and there are a few sites that talk about Hezbollah being for a democratic victory. I saw these guys in Irvine, CA and the UC Irvine campus has a VERY high Muslim population and they have been the center of controversy in the past so I'm thinking that these men are students there.

I'll keep digging online to see if I can find anything and will be going back out in the world shortly. I'm determined to find these guys and get pictures so I'll be going on a Allah for Kerry hunt!

Here is a link that shows that Kerry has a large Muslim backing, however I don't think that proves that these men that I saw are really on the up and up as Kerry supporters.
deseretnews.com...

Jemison

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Jemison]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Jemison, it's funny when ever there is something that the Dems do not like, a statement or comment, it's always have to be republicans. I guess Dems just can't be wrong or any negative statement can't come from a Dem.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
of course muslims would like kerry in office, he would allow more of the western hating scum to infest our shores.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
We cannot deny that we have a very large muslin community in the US and most of them are American citizens that have taken Islam as their religion.

Wanted or not the muslin is a fast-growing group, the peaceful muslin in the US will like our nation to do more about the frictions of Israel and Palestine, and they were in favor of bush in 2000 elections and because they did not see anything done to put more pressure on Israel, they are now turning to Kerry in hopes of a shift in policies.

Its very simple as the Israelis in US favor bush, so the muslin comunity may see Kerry as a hope for peace in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Uh oh I see a conflict of interest here

How can Allah be for Kerry if we have:

American Muslims For Bush

someone call a meeting!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by krackel
Theres only one explination for that, whoever made those was obviously a bush supporter who was trying to play on the nerves of undecided voters who fear muslims. So the opposite thing to do would be, make signs posters saying "inbred whitetrash hicks for bush" or "ultra right wing neo nazi fascists for bush" or my favorite "child molesting CEOs for bush"

phux sake, i'm glad i don't live in southern california. i'm glad this isn't the united states of california, so that the rest of us can have and voice our opinion. glad that some of you.... are proccupied with stuff like the above quote, because it just may clean up the floor for the real issues.

all i want to know about this situation is this: if you have a visa and are in this country without actual citizenship, you cannot vote, correct? as long as they are citizens, i have no problem with them displaying their political leanings.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That is what I was thinking. However, I did a google search out of curiosity and there are a few sites that talk about Hezbollah being for a democratic victory. I saw these guys in Irvine, CA and the UC Irvine campus has a VERY high Muslim population and they have been the center of controversy in the past so I'm thinking that these men are students there.

Just because someone is Muslim, doesn't make them a terrorist. In the above, you're trying to equate muslims you likely don't know much about, to being members of Hezbollah, one of the most militant groups of radical Islam. If they were Hezbollah, they wouldn't be distributing t-shirts...

perhaps a islamic radical may thing their god is unique but the truth is just the same old thing.

Nothing radical about it. Most muslims will staunchly disagree that Allah is the same god as the Christian god. Even if not militant, most muslims would believe Christians follow a false god and will only be saved if they convert. Just as Christians believe Allah to be a false god and that they must accept Jesus if they wish to be saved... Those of us who aren't very religious may see them as different aspects of the same god, but each one's followers do not share that viewpoint, in general.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Those of us who aren't very religious may see them as different aspects of the same god, but each one's followers do not share that viewpoint, in general.

And I agree with you on this one, It only tells you how many gods people worship in our country but at the end is just one and the same, but that should be a new topic of discussion all by itself.

And by the way people before going into judgement on muslins, radical, islamic or fundamentalist and how they may support or not, do a search first, you be surprise how strong are these comunities or groups oppinions when it comes to political candidates in our country.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Uh oh I see a conflict of interest here

How can Allah be for Kerry if we have:

American Muslims For Bush

someone call a meeting!!!!

Very interesting article worldwatcher. I know some Muslims hate the idea that the "Radicals" are putting a bad light on the rest of them, but to support Bush is pretty cool!
And mind-blowing!

[edit on 13/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Im sure Allah would be for Kerry after the fun in the sun that Bush and Co. have been having in the middle east for the last few years.

I'm sick of hearing people talk about the people of Islam like they are all degenerate killers who wouldn't think twice about murdering your daughter. Bush and Co's policy of fear is created racism.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I haven't had any success in tracking these guys down but a friend of mine says that she has a flyer that was left on her car windshield that has the "Allah for Kerry" slogan on it. She didn't read the rest of it but will scan it tonight and e-mail it to me.

I have no problem with people voicing their political beliefs and using God, Allah, whatever in with it. It just seems that using 'Allah' to encourage the general public to vote Kerry might not have the effect that these people want it to have. On the other hand, if it's some reverse psychology stunt then maybe it WILL have the desired effect. Either way, it just struck me as a very interesting and different way to campaign.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We cannot deny that we have a very large muslin community in the US and most of them are American citizens that have taken Islam as their religion.

Wanted or not the muslin is a fast-growing group, the peaceful muslin in the US will like our nation to do more about the frictions of Israel and Palestine, and they were in favor of bush in 2000 elections and because they did not see anything done to put more pressure on Israel, they are now turning to Kerry in hopes of a shift in policies.

Its very simple as the Israelis in US favor bush, so the muslin comunity may see Kerry as a hope for peace in the middle east.
Before making any kind of judgements or statements about this religon, You need to know that its MUSLIM!! not MUSLIN.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by krackel
You need to know that its MUSLIM!! not MUSLIN.

I've got a feelin that she knows that, hold up cowboy. .

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666
phux sake, i'm glad i don't live in southern california. i'm glad this isn't the united states of california, so that the rest of us can have and voice our opinion.
this genius thinks oregon is in southern california... I would really like to get into a real debate with some of these geniuses here.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It just seems that using 'Allah' to encourage the general public to vote Kerry might not have the effect that these people want it to have. On the other hand, if it's some reverse psychology stunt then maybe it WILL have the desired effect. Either way, it just struck me as a very interesting and different way to campaign.

I'll grant you that...it's either not a great idea...or a pretty slick one, hehe....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join