It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Chooses 2012 -- Not Much Of A Choice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I don't think violence needs to play a big part at all in a proper revolution movement.

The government would have no power to do anything. The army wont' fire on American Citizens, I can promise you that.

Millions of people protesting in washington would pretty much bring the country to a standstill and things would get done. Just by having people show that support.

It's a matter of getting them angry enough, and willing enough to take part in meaningfull change. That only happens once you've hit the rock bottom.

~Tenth

That is precisely where we are here. We are a much smaller country, but it would take only a million to effect a peaceful change. A good cleaning out as it were.

It really is surprising to me how many will not believe the possibilities.

No Debt.
No Hunger
No Poverty.
No More Profit before people's lives.
Money will become a tool. The basics of life will be provided to all.
A new national bank with no charges, no Bu***it, no other purpose than to benefit US ALL.
No damn corporations standing in the way of medical and technological progress. Those that don't want to play ball can take their company elsewhere.

There's a lot more that I have considered over the years, I won't go into the full song and dance, I do tend to rant.
But I will say this.

Never again should we allow our lives to be written by the hand of others.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A person only needs to look at the mirror image of who is financing both of the campaigns to see that there can be no difference between these two candidates. All of the Red-Blue bluster simply allows for the uninformed to choose the spoon-fed talking points they connect with at the moment, thereby allowing the illusion of participation in the grift that (sadly) is what our political system has become.

I weep for my country.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Most soldiers in the army know what they are doing overseas is not in the best interest of their country. They are just waiting for a time where they can stand with the people against the government.

At least that's what I gather from the soldiers I know personally. But I have to disagree that any of them would fire on Americans on American soil. That would go against everything they've ever told and everything that America stands for.

I don't think those men and women have it in them. Maybe a few of them do, but certainly less than the majority.

~Tenth

<< 1   >>

join