It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Corrie death: Israel rejects all blame

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

It figures that a defender of the murderous apartheid regime in SA, which was abhorred by any civilized person, would be in agreement with the actions of a modern day apartheid regime.

Same dehumanizing mindset, same separation of races, same horrifying results.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by seethetruth

For a start i should not be going 80 kph were there are people walking, it in the eu hgv drivers rules and regulations..
As a hgv driver as soon as you put your taco-graph in to the vehicle you are responsible for everything to do with that vehicle , as a driver you have to be reading the road and pedestrians all the time so if somebody does run out in front of you then you was not paying attention..

Why not? If it's an 80km road why not go 80km?
I see plenty of 80km roads here with bike lanes and
pedestrian lanes next to it, divided by a bit of grass.
Has nothing to do with EU regulations.

If someone does cross the street I'm going over with
80km without paying attention to the traffic, it's going
to be a very unfortunate event, but still an accident.

Then you don't drive heavy goods vehicles do you ,heavy goods vehicles have different speed limits to what is sign posted due to them weighing 32t or more

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How does the driver feel?
Well since he was a child he has been told that gentiles are there to serve him. That their lives are worth nothing. Their only purpose in life is to be a slave, of gods chosen people. So how did he feel about running a goy over? He felt nothing. To him it was no different from squashing a bug and it was her own fault. He feels no remorse about her death. She was a goy.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
And that's in the EU? Funny, all I see
is that max speed is 80km for any truck.
There's no specs on tannage, just 'truck'.

Guess not all of the EU is the same then.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What the hell did she think was gonna happen if you stand in front of a bulldozer!!?? Stupid people do stupid things, than people complain that she was killed. Don't want to get crushed don't stand in front of a bulldozer!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Rachel Corrie justifiably earned herself the Darwin Award for a vain act of grandstanding before being able to reproduce. At least we can be thankful for that. She lied herself into the country, avoided security check points, and defied orders to leave the area. She broke too many laws to list. You do something stupid, you die. That's hardly Israel's fault.

Saw this and thought to myself... "This should pe posted on every page!" Thank you for your excellent use of common sense. It seems to be a super power these days.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by khimbar

The people who were there to bulldoze the homes of the Palestinians, should have called the proper authorities to have her removed, such as the police. Surely they could have waited a few minutes until the police arrived and have her forcefully removed before continuing to bulldoze.

I understand your point, but it's not logical. Reversing my statement doesn't work in this scenario.
It doesn't work?
Oh noes! I am being chased by a steamroller! Help! Help!
It isn't like she was in a wheelchair or used a walker.
She was making a political statement. Now she is a martyr, thanks to people making sure of that.
edit on 29-8-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Whether you agree with her stance or not, she acted with incredible bravery in defense of something she believed in.

Some people see bravery in this act.

Others see stupidity.

If she had martyred herself for a god that she believed in, plenty of ATS'ers would call her stupid.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Does her going to a foreign country and possibly getting to where she was illegally warrant her getting "murdered"

The answer to that is NO

Does her going to a foreign country and putting herself in a zone where people die put her at a higher risk to be killed? Yes

Every person in this world has their life in their own hands. every decision you make must be taken with good consideration as you are only responsible for your well being. Assuming others will take your well being into account only because it is mandated by law is putting your life in the hands of others. It is wise to only allow this when you have complete trust in the person or you have absolutely no choice but to trust others.

Considering the nature of the area she was in and what she was doing she made poor decisions that lead to her death. Did she deserve to die. NO THAT IS NOT THE POINT. the point is she made bad decisions that kept putting her life in danger. She could have protested in a different manner but no she decided to get into the nitty gritty. getting into the nitty gritty has consequences associated with it.

This does not exonerate others from killing another person and it really has nothing to do with that. What it has to do is that ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WELL BEING, and limiting the instances where your well being is not in your hands is your responsibility.

Having said that this woman made poor decisions which put her cause above her safety which is fine but please do not expect me to feel sorry for her. She chose her way in life and died.

As for the the driver of the machinery. Those things move slow especially when picking up dirt she could have moved or someone could have stepped in to pull her out of harms way instead of just spectating and taking picutres.

And are those pictures the ones that were taken when the incident happened?? if it was why was the retard taking pictures instead of saving her.

I do not know how many of you have worked with heavy machinery but visibility is crap and they are slow as heck unless you are being unsafe or a jackass. You usually need to stay clear of these machines while they are in operation this woman did no follow that and was being a jackass which got her killed and ruined a mans life by having taken a life. It is extremely hard to feel sorry for her as she did what she wanted and died and in the process She lived her life which is more than any of you have.

she could have simply moved you know

edit on 29-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Even the U.S Ambassador to Israel has criticised the investigation into her death.

What gets me is the verdict that Corrie was killed NOT by a bulldozer but "probably" by a lump of concrete or other material.

So the huge hulking bulldozer that run over her was somehow magic and did nothing!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I think you deserve a Darwin award for thinking your joke was funny. You're the only one laughing buddy. I hope people show up to your house one day with machine guns and bulldozers and tear your family's home to the ground while running over several of your family members as they try and stop the barbarians in a bulldozer.
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You have thus revealed the true nature of your heart before a live studio audience.
Corruption exposed indeed.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

TextThat's in America and other civilized countries. In Israel only Jews have rights others are sub human so they have no rights.
reply to post by buster2010

You do know they kill christian children and make passover/matzah bread out of their blood as well, don't you?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Rachel Corrie achieved nothing than to rob her parents of a daughter.

She appeared to be a misguided attention seeker and she sadly got the desired attention.

But what has it achieved? Nothing, but it does potentially encourage and endanger other 'my life isn't purposeful enough' individuals with too much time on their hands to risk their lives for nothing too.

Utterly wasteful, I pitty her parents, I really do. No parent should have to live through the loss of their children, especially.

So, the next time someone decides to stand in front of an operational tank or bulldozer, take a moment and think "I AM STANDING IN FRONT OF A MOVING TANK/BULLDOZER, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?" It could save not only your life, but potentially the lives of others like you by discouraging them not to be so inconsiderate and stupid.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

That's in America and other civilized countries. In Israel only Jews have rights others are sub human so they have no rights.
reply to post by buster2010

I love the bit where you suggest America is a civilized country
Sure, back in the day, why not?
Anyway....
What about when it comes to the impeachment of a governing representative?
Back in 2010, PRESIDENT of Israel, Moshe Katsav was found guilty of Rape. The senior court judge presiding (1 of 3 I believe) and who laid down the law to send him to prison for his crime, was George Karra.
An ARAB.
He was appointed to Tel Aviv's Magistrate Court in 1989, and 11 years later promoted to Tel Aviv District Court.
In fact, after this judgement on Katsav, in 2011 he was invited and received into the Israeli Supreme Court. Quite a serious promotion for a sub human in a country that deems any non Jew a sub human.
Do you know how many Arab members there are in the Israeli Parliament? Can you imagine muslim members of the Senate/House of representatives standing up and condemning/bashing the US in the hearing of it's constituent representatives, as an apartheid evil system that should be destroyed?
Only in Israel....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Don't do that.

You might confuse him with facts.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Sorry. There's a fine line between wrong and visionary.
2nd line.
3rd to keep the status quo.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is disturbing to say the very very least. But no it is not surprising considering the Goldstone report.

This is shameful. If I was an Israeli I would embarassed as hell. Oh yea holocaust nevermind, continue....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Originally posted by Carseller4
Wait.....this idiot stood in front of a running bulldozer?

Hold on.....I can't stop laughing!!!!

Trying to catch breath......

What astonishing class you exhibit.

Whether you agree with her stance or not, she acted with incredible bravery in defense of something she believed in.

What do you expect from a used car salesman? Jk

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Rachel Corrie achieved nothing than to rob her parents of a daughter.

She appeared to be a misguided attention seeker and she sadly got the desired attention.

But what has it achieved? Nothing, but it does potentially encourage and endanger other 'my life isn't purposeful enough' individuals with too much time on their hands to risk their lives for nothing too.

Utterly wasteful, I pitty her parents, I really do. No parent should have to live through the loss of their children, especially.

So, the next time someone decides to stand in front of an operational tank or bulldozer, take a moment and think "I AM STANDING IN FRONT OF A MOVING TANK/BULLDOZER, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?" It could save not only your life, but potentially the lives of others like you by discouraging them not to be so inconsiderate and stupid.

Regards, Skellon.

I beg to differ with your thought that she achieved nothing. Also if I want attention the first thing I would do is lie my way into a fascist racist paranoid nuke bearing police state and stand in front of a bulldozer.... Not.

There is a great deal of blame the victim on this topic. Its easy to say alot of things on a forumn but I bet nobody has the cojones to tell Rachel's family to their face that "she achieved nothing". Talking about the deceased like that indicates people need more backhands

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2oneThe2nd
Its easy to say alot of things on a forumn but I bet nobody has the cojones to tell Rachel's family to their face that "she achieved nothing".

No one said she achieved nothing, she achieved showing the world what happens when you stand in front of a bulldozer, and doing what a Palestinian propaganda organisation wants you to do is dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join