It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea regarding diamagnetic propulsion. What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I had an idea regarding UFO propulsion tonite. I was considering the concept of electromagnetism and how an object might be able to use this to become frictionless (in water or air).

I saw a special discussing Diamagnetism but I thought about it with relation to how you would construct a propulsion system when I had an amazing idea.

Some have postulated that UFO's can use diamagnetism to counter the effects of gravity (a kind of inertial dampener/canceler). However, I've never heard of anyone point to diamagnetism as a possible propulsion system.

It is also possible that this kind of diamagnetic power source could be used for the whole enchilada with no need for any other technology. It could technically be used simultaneously as the power source, propulsion system, intertial dampening mechanism and could create a craft free of friction when flying above or under the water.

The concept is pretty basic.. Water and objects containing water are diamagnetic - which means in the presence of an intense magnetic field, water will also create its own magnetic field. The water will always repel away from the source of the stronger field. I've seen an example of this in a lab experiment with a frog being levitated within a huge magnet (the water in the frog's body being diamagnetic).

However, the extent to which the water repels from the magnetic field is directly proportional to the strength of the field. This is key.

Some have seen UFO's "sucking up water" and taken photos of this phenomenon. It is possible that water is the source of all UFO's power in this way.

The challenge us humans would have creating diamagnetic propulsion is finding a way of creating a strong enough magnetic field to propel a craft of some sort. It would require an immense magnet and for us it just isn't very reasonable from an engineering perspective due to the size and weight of the magnets required.

But maybe other civilizations have found a way around this issue and have found way of creating a strong enough magnetic field to propel such a craft without being bulky/heavy - perhaps even using a miniature magnetic dynamo to produce a magnetically rotating field which can sustain itself without the need for any other outside equipment.

Also, due to the diamagnetic properties of water and the water within our bodies, in the presence of a strong enough electromagnetic field - if the strength of the field is just right - this could counteract the effect of inertial forces which would allow for instantaneous acceleration and deceleration of any craft you wanted without damaging the organisms or sensitive equipment within the craft.

Since a diamagnetic, water containing vessel will always travel towards the direction of the weakest magnetic force in the presence of an intense magnetic field (this has been proven in lab settings) it would be possible to use this to your advantage by engineering a steering mechanism that is simply a cone-shaped cavity within the vessel that can be steered the direction you want to go. The cavity would represent the area within the craft with the weakest magnetic field... Thus, that's the direction the craft would travel no matter what.

This idea would, theoretically, also work underwater. You could design the craft to stagger magnetic fields at set distances around it. This would create a frictionless medium because the water, itself, would always be pushing the craft through the water. Or you could simply use the skin of the craft as a faradae cage of sorts.. Containing the magnetic field within the craft only.. This would allow for constant control of the craft.

The speed of this propulsion system, whether it be above or below the water level, would be controlled by a computer governing the strength of the magnetic field. Or, conversely, the extent to which you shield the source of your electromagnetic field. (this is basically a mechanical failsafe).

Either way, you could feasibly control all aspects of normal flight - acceleration, deceleration, pitch, roll, yaw..

The diamagnetic properties of the propulsion system give it huge advantages over other technologies and is easily the safest and simplest you could probably ever concieve. Plus, you are using water for fuel and you could use that same water for survival between flights.

There would be nearly no limit to how fast you could travel, accelerate or decelerate. The electromagnetic field also acts to shield the vessel from debris and cosmic rays in transit.. I can't think of any downsides.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for reading.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
It is also possible that this kind of diamagnetic power source ...

Diamagnetism isnt a "power source".
Its more like an effect than a cause.

The concept is pretty basic.. Water and objects containing water are diamagnetic - which means in the presence of an intense magnetic field, water will also create its own magnetic field. The water will always repel away from the source of the stronger field.

And therein lies the crux of the issue.
You have to apply external power in order to see the effect.

One might as well say SPRINGS can magically lift objects, if only we could find some way of compressing them with some other power source we will avoid talking about.

Or that quickly rotating helicopter blades can magically lift a helicopter, in the presence of some other power source we dont speak of just now.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I've had similar thoughts to this also. Specifically towards the steering mechanism you mention. I definitely think your onto something!

Mind you something similar to this is probably what the black ops crafts use.... Damn I hate living in a technologically suppressed prison. :/

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

It is also possible that this kind of diamagnetic power source ...

Diamagnetism isnt a "power source".
Its more like an effect than a cause.

The concept is pretty basic.. Water and objects containing water are diamagnetic - which means in the presence of an intense magnetic field, water will also create its own magnetic field. The water will always repel away from the source of the stronger field.

And therein lies the crux of the issue.
You have to apply external power in order to see the effect.

One might as well say SPRINGS can magically lift objects, if only we could find some way of compressing them with some other power source we will avoid talking about.

Or that quickly rotating helicopter blades can magically lift a helicopter, in the presence of some other power source we dont speak of just now.

Humans view diamagnetism as more of an effect or symptom of a strong magnetic field because we don't have the technology to make a strong enough magnetic to do anything other than levitate frogs in a cylindrical cavity between two sets of magnets.

This has also been done with grasshoppers I believe.

My point is that diamagnetic propulsion technology is a feasible concept given you have the technology to overcome these engineering challenges - primarily, miniaturizing the power source to fit inside a craft of some sort and being able to create a strong enough field for the craft to operate within the threshold of the design loads and parameters.

Some of the big-name aerospace companies have admitted to experimenting with anti-gravity technology. Crazy right? Not if you have a feasible technology and the engineering challenges can be overcome.

-ChriS
edit on 3-9-2012 by BlasteR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by BlasteR

I've had similar thoughts to this also. Specifically towards the steering mechanism you mention. I definitely think your onto something!

Mind you something similar to this is probably what the black ops crafts use.... Damn I hate living in a technologically suppressed prison. :/

Thanks Mandrake!

I used to be Air Force myself but I worked in munitions. While I was still on active duty I talked to 2 people who worked at Groom Lake out of Nellis AFB. They told me some interesting things - especially an old supervisor of mine. I have talked about that on ATS previously and you can look up some of my posts on this..

My main point with relation to black programs and secret aircraft is that all we have to do to get a gauge of how far advanced we are currently is to look at thinks like stealth technology. I believe the first scaled-down prototype of hav-blue (F117 precursor) was developed in the late 1960's / early 1970's. This is pretty nuts.

Also, many old-timers, now retired, have talked about seeing disc-like objects in hangars at different Air Force bases over the years. They have nothing to gain by coming forward. Some of them have drawn up sketches of what they've seen and have given detailed descriptions of these objects to investigators. All of these encounters were seemingly accidental - guards going into hangars they were told not to go in, things like that.

Last week I heard of a new patent for a plasma-powered spacecraft. According to Popular Mechanics, NASA wants in.

NASA Jumps at Patent for Plasma-Powered UFO Technology

Subrata Roy, an aerospace engineer from the University of Florida, recently submitted a patent application for an aircraft that just happens to come in the shape of a flying saucer. Dubbed a “winged electromagnetic air vehicle,” or WEAV, the battery-powered prototype is designed at less than 6 in. across. Even so, Roy insists that the mini sci-fi mobile could be built full-scale for missions like atmospheric surveillance—and that’s got NASA and the Air Force interested.

This idea would've seemed ridiculous a few years ago. If scientists from acadamea are making patents like this, you can't help but wonder what is locked behind closed doors on certain military installations. Especially when you consider that the government probably has had groups of paid scientists and engineers working to come up with ideas like this for decades.

-ChriS

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It also has water related. amasci.com... but this would be only part of the propellant. NO magnets involved, but still manages to defy gravity. Interesting. Plastics at 10 mph with such a force. indeed, so very lightwieght and so very much so cost effective.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

My point is that diamagnetic propulsion technology is a feasible concept given you have the technology to overcome these engineering challenges - primarily, miniaturizing the power source to fit inside a craft of some sort and being able to create a strong enough field for the craft to operate within the threshold of the design loads and parameters.

Ok. That works. The trouble is, air is not very strongly dielectric. It won't work in air but it will work in water.

www.evilmadscientist.com...

But the problem with "levitation" is that the field has to be produced externally to the craft otherwise you're attempting the equivalent of standing on your hands and trying to lift yourself off the ground.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
It also has water related. amasci.com... but this would be only part of the propellant. NO magnets involved, but still manages to defy gravity. Interesting. Plastics at 10 mph with such a force. indeed, so very lightwieght and so very much so cost effective.

If they would of turned off the lights they would of seen a light blue light eminating from this. I think if you shot a bullet at it, it would deflect somewhere else. Anyone could make this if they had the right materials i believe and the pp was made to correct angles. I for some reason love to invent things, but have no finances to do so, thus i am a boat without a paddle. Ions, attractions, metals, materials,frequency,speed,mutations, but this is all a guess. It does something to the mass, another guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u

If they would of turned off the lights they would of seen a light blue light eminating from this. I think if you shot a bullet at it, it would deflect somewhere else. Anyone could make this if they had the right materials i believe and the pp was made to correct angles. I for some reason love to invent things, but have no finances to do so, thus i am a boat without a paddle. Ions, attractions, metals, materials,frequency,speed,mutations, but this is all a guess. It does something to the mass, another guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing something but you seem to be proposing propulsion that doesn't need to 'push' against anything; like trying to fly by constantly jumping in the air.

Apart from that I'm not sure why you keep going on about water when there's lots of more diamagnetic materials around, copper or graphite for example. And of course superconductors are perfect diamagnets, that's what we use for maglevs and have done for 50+ years now.

So to conclude, no you can't use it for propulsion in space, only with something to push against, like the earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Understanding and exploiting gravity on a quantum level perhaps holds the potential for things that would be considered impossible according to today's science, especially in the area of surprising capabilities ascribed to UFOs. How about thinking of gravity as a pushing force of extremely weak, extremely abundant photons, where a massive object acts as a partial shield against gravitons from its opposite side, resulting in what we call a gravity well, rather than thinking that a black hole of infinitely small physical size extends an infinite number of fish lines with hooks in all directions to pull things in so powerfully that escape velocity at least matches lightspeed? And what about getting really greedy and thinking about using gravitons as fuel? Or supposing that gravitons cause drag that prevents accelerating mass beyond lightspeed but wouldn’t if dissipated, as well as possibility being responsible for inertia itself? Crazy stuff, maybe--but maybe not as crazy as current theory will seem in the 22nd century.

Anyway, it's good to be open to the unexpected discovery and not assume scientific and technological progress will slow down drastically now that we know so much. Many physicists are dissatisfied with current theory and are looking at many alternative approaches, but it's of course difficult. Survive and ye shall advance.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I have no doubt the people who run this world have technology at least 50/70 years ahead of what is public.

Any maybe a few devices/crafts that are 1000000 years more advanced although I doubt we developed those.

Multiple different civilians have tried to develop Anti-gravity technology. Tesla had some theories, Otis T car succeeded and the FBI stole it and his research. John Searl was most likely onto something and probably many others.

I also believe we have multiple different forms of free energy devices by now. Soon enough its going to be too difficult for the "Elites" to suppress. What angers/disappoints me the most is the fact that we could very easily be living in a utopian society that's so awesome its difficult to describe how much so. But no. We get stuck with Tyrants who steal everything.

I wonder sometimes why things haven't gotten a lot worse a lot faster..... Someone's looking out for us. At least to some extent. ^.^

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Subterranean13

Could push against the Earths natural electromagnetic fields. Relative to your position within the field. That would give you "Push". and outside of planets you could use the Sun. There's always a field in range to push against

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

The Earth's magnetic field is very weak. A refrigerator magnet is much stronger.
There just isn't much to "push against".

edit on 9/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ED Leedskalnin managed to move huge pieces of coral using a similar basic version of what we are talking about so I believe there is a way.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Makes one wonder how much force would be needed to repel the water vapor in the air....

top topics

join