It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: One on One With Romney, Did Romney Really Not Know About RNC & Maine's Delegates?

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
In this Reality Check, Ben, goes one-on-one with Romney to answer some tough questions about what he is aware of in this election cycle's tactics that were employed by his staff and the GOP.

I'll let you guys decide for yourself.
My opinion is considered baseless, as I am known quite well on this forum as being an adamant Ron Paul supporter.

Is it not transparent enough?? Is third party really the answer?

Ben Swann Reality Check was given a few minutes with Governor Mitt Romney and Congressman Paul Ryan. Ben asked Romney about the RNC stripping Maine delegates of their credentials. Did Romney answer honestly?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just my two cents for what they're worth on the subject, but I do not honestly believe either man, Obama or Romney, are aware of the little details of a good 70-80% of what happens on a daily basis outside of their immediate circle and the schedule of the next appearance. That really is, I believe, true to both...not even more one than the other.

That isn't to say the lax attitude or general tolerance for borderline and unethical behavior at the top doesn't roll down to create much larger messes downstream from both men, and it does. I think we post and talk about that daily.

However, I'm willing to bet a Presidential Campaign at it's best...and this is among the WORST in my lifetime, is a whirlwind of planes and ground vehicles whisking this way and that on schedules timed to the minute far in advance and leaving little time for anything but briefing on the next appearance and whatever the WORST crisis of the moment may be to bother the respective Bosses with.

They COULD help to end the ethical free for all....but I don't think they have much influence either way in knowing or controlling how far it goes day to day.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
How can anyone just sit back and cheer on this fraud?

Look at those two cocky sons a...

This is what the republican party has turned into.... and I wont have any part of it.

I normally sided with them on certain issues....but now I cant even do that with good faith.

If I have to opt out of politics altogether- that might just happen. I want nothing to do with their corruption.

Republicans- shame on you for not speaking up. You have really let me and millions others down, big time.

Gary Johnson will have my vote. Independant from here on out. No more pandering to the one-two party system.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. Funny how Romney claims to not know a thing about anything, and there are living people out there who actually support this guy? With these new "rules" our voices don't matter, hell, they don't matter now and the GOP has made this abundantly clear. Now, let's que our regular resident defenders of pure corruption... come on in and tell us how these people are somehow in the right.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's incredible how low these people will stoop to win an election. You don't like something about the election process? Hire the most powerful lawyer in the country and have him change the rules in your favor. Voters trying to have their voices heard by following the Republican party's own rules? Nahhh..... we don't like the way it ended so we're just going to ignore the process and count only the votes we want to count.

The blatant, disgusting, corrupt, narcissistic, power-hungry %^&**#!$ make it more and more obvious every day that we don't matter unless we're on their side. If they can't get enough people to be on their side, they have no qualms over creating the illusion that it is they who are winning. How much more sick can this process become? Even Saddam's elections weren't this transparent. What right on earth do Americans have to criticize the political process in other countries when we have some of the most corrupt individuals running our lives as we speak? What a sick world we live in.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

There is a difference between being a President and not being completely aware of things going on... And running for president for 8 years full time, with your only goal of being president.. You are completely aware of every tactic and new approach, and new strategy, and this opportunity etc.. This is extremely strategic, and intentional and he is brushing it off and getting away with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Something to also keep in mind relating to this topic.

Proof Romney rigged vote

Link goes on to describe vote swapping that was used to steal votes from other candidates aka Ron Paul in order to hand Romney the victory.

How can anyone justify voting for blatant cheaters.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This is a prime example of how stupid politicians think we are.It was great seeing the expressions on Mitt and Ryan's faces when Ben hit them with this.I think it's very telling that the president's people have ignored Mr.Swann's interview requests everytime.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Originally posted by freakjive
My opinion is considered baseless, as I am known quite well on this forum as being an adamant Ron Paul supporter.

Don't let the haters get you down!! That's what they want. Not everyone is so partisan as to judge you for who you support. I am interested in your opinion on this.

I just heard about it yesterday and I find it so amazing that the party is willing to cheat, lie and steal - even from their own party - to win this election. And for the first time, I think they might.

I love seeing the RP folks fighting for their rightful rewards in this race.

Did Romney answer honestly?

I can't watch the video now, but I'm going to risk it and say, NO! Romney is SCUM. I have seen and heard enough from him to have formed a firm opinion that he is a complete slimeball who would smile in your face, while stabbing you in the back. And that's just what he's going to do to the American people, especially the middle class. It will be a big step toward our dissolution if he gets elected.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
romney's arrogance is unmeasurable.

he's only in the presidency for himself and to be top dog among his peers.

its the ultimate status symbol and prestige for him.

he never makes any promises besides that he'll fix the economy and every word that comes out of his mouth is about obama and not himself.

if he's unreachable now, imagine if he becomes president.

he'll be manipulated beyond anybody in american history because he'll be blinded by pride, champagne and state dinners.

his economic team will rotate on schedule and it'll be more of the same "experts" who are running it now.

but no one blames them.

and the deer in the headlights look he constantly has doesn't inspire confidence or strength.

good luck america, he's the best choice to hammer the final nail in the coffin of american history and respect.

edit on 28-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The ease with which this man can lie through his teeth and act smug about it should be a clear indication of what type of person he really is.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Ben Swann is awesome. That guy needs to anchor Meet the Press. He is doing actual reporting and digging and daring. Count me a fan.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times... The people may be good hearted and with good intentions but the "party system" rules!

There is no way one man can keep tabs on everything inside government and party. the problem is that to become president you have to throw yourself to the party wolves. You can't clean house because that would mean 70 percent of the people under you would have to go. How would that look to the party faithful and most importantly their benefactors?

Neither Obummer or Mittens will do what is needed in this country because their political survival depends on the party. The sad truth is the two partys have a lock on the political system. Many see them as the only game in town but when should you stop watching the two same players faking the game and taking turns at bat?

There are several things need to fix the political system..

First, reset all voting district boundaries so incumbents don't have the advantage no matter party affiliation..

that would be a start.....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd have to wager that he was well informed of the newest 'techniques and strategies" to secure a position he has been pursuing for 8 years. I am sure he knows that the people of Maine have been silenced. I am sure he knows that citizens are appalled that their vote has been over-ridden...but he doesn't care. he has invested millions into buying this nomination and election and he is convinced it is his "divine right".

He is a piece of...... and will get what he deserves. If you rise up by despicable means, by such shall you fall.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I had to watch the video in fullscreeen just to see what Romney looked like when he got blindsided!

Neither of them were expecting that question at all.

Anyway, I'd say that if you ever wanted proof that your vote doesn't matter....this is it. But it is good to see that some big name Republicans are calling foul, such as Dick Armey.

I have never liked him but at least he is stepping up to voice his concern.

top topics

join