It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

When Roe v Wade is overturned, what will punishment be for the crime of abortion?

page: 4
5
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
"I was jailed for having an abortion"

That just.. doesn't sound right.

Its like saying "I got grounded for getting a tattoo"

How about you keep abortions legal and leave women and their private business alone eh? Don't fix what's not broken.




posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


Can we agree that there must be a cutoff period in the fetal development where abortions can no longer be performed?



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 


Can we agree that there must be a cutoff period in the fetal development where abortions can no longer be performed?



Actually yes we can



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Does anybody have any good ideas about how we can reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies? If we could eliminate the root cause then abortion would cease to be an issue.
as previously stated ... legislation requiring mandatory castrations for all men who produce unwanted pregnancies ... less seed = less fruit.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Does anybody have any good ideas about how we can reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies? If we could eliminate the root cause then abortion would cease to be an issue.
as previously stated ... legislation requiring mandatory castrations for all men who produce unwanted pregnancies ... less seed = less fruit.


Because a pregnant woman doesn't share 50% of the responsibility for the creation of the pregnancy? Perhaps posting while drunk isn't the best idea.



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Does anybody have any good ideas about how we can reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies? If we could eliminate the root cause then abortion would cease to be an issue.
as previously stated ... legislation requiring mandatory castrations for all men who produce unwanted pregnancies ... less seed = less fruit.


Because a pregnant woman doesn't share 50% of the responsibility for the creation of the pregnancy? Perhaps posting while drunk isn't the best idea.
correct, that other 50%, who seem to be frequently drunk while flamboyantly planting their seed shouldn't be posting about responsibility at all.

and, while the woman does share 50% of the responsibility, why should they subject to 100% of the punishment?

just in case you missed it, the men should be held accountable/punished after they've produced an unwanted pregnancy.
it goes without saying that less unwanted pregnancies = less elective abortions



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93
 


More and correct use of birth control would also = less elective abortions. Quit your man hating.

Perhaps if elective abortions weren't legal more women would be willing to use birth control correctly and not rely on one form of birth control. Wouldn't make sense that if you knew you would be stuck with a pregnancy or jailed if you had an abortion that you would try harder not to get pregnant in the first place?



posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EndlessFire
 


And THAT is an EXCELLENT example of the double standard of....

women have to use birth control and be responsible for having sex....

BUT MEN DON'T crapload.

It's ALWAYS WOMEN who are targeted for birth control.

And doesn't anybody else find it really wierd that it's always okay for men to have as much sex as he can (or he's not a real man etc etc) but a woman must not have sex?



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EndlessFire
reply to post by Honor93
 


More and correct use of birth control would also = less elective abortions. Quit your man hating.

Perhaps if elective abortions weren't legal more women would be willing to use birth control correctly and not rely on one form of birth control. Wouldn't make sense that if you knew you would be stuck with a pregnancy or jailed if you had an abortion that you would try harder not to get pregnant in the first place?
this is not man-hating, i'm suggesting fairplay not foreplay.
clearly i appreciate and enjoy men or i wouldn't be a grandma


birth control can be utilized by both genders, how did it suddenly become the woman's responsibility ?? women don't go around ejecting their eggs for pleasure ... men, well, we all know that story.

look, i've always preferred the father/man had a say in IF their woman would abort, however, my preference isn't always practical or possible for that matter.

however, we are discussing punishment in this thread so, what is your suggestion ??
why should only the woman be punished and what punishment should apply ?


Wouldn't make sense that if you knew you would be stuck with a pregnancy or jailed if you had an abortion that you would try harder not to get pregnant in the first place?
to this question, i refer you back to my previous statement ... women don't go around ejecting their eggs for pleasure.

perhaps, if men knew they would be subject to severe punishment (such as castration) for producing an unwanted pregnancy, they would try harder not to get a girl pregnant in the fist place ??



posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by EndlessFire
 

And doesn't anybody else find it really wierd that it's always okay for men to have as much sex as he can (or he's not a real man etc etc) but a woman must not have sex?


If it's okay for a man to have unlimited sex in a man's mind something tells me he is just fine with the idea of women having unlimited sex, otherwise where is he going for sex? And why do so many folks seem to act as if it is somehow difficult to have enough sex without making children? I've only ever had recreational sex and haven't had an issue making unwanted babies.




top topics



 
5
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join