It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP Mutiny - SC, VA, LA and Others May Join

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I added other links. This is all about Romney...and preventing another Ron Paul like insurgency. But as another poster mentioned, this shows who the real insurgent is. Basically it is a GOP coup of the establishment against the grass roots. Let's see how his "base" likes this. Man, I'd love to see a good old fashioned floor fight.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
reply to post by MidnightTide

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I know....Romney, man of the People, right?
Even for his die hard supporters here, this sort of thing has to give give them pause.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is a good a time as any to explain my avatar. I went 3 years without having one, not finding one I thought suitable. I use this avatar as a metaphor for the U.S. The warrior holding the slain body, to me, represents the People. The body he holds represents our nation, our moral standing, our national integrity, our liberty.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
A "floor fight" is the worst of anyone's worries.
If folks will do blatantly nefarious things such as this, there just might be a military coup yet.
I for one would support this if the voters rights are infringed.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Whether this rule is for this year or 2016 it screams of fear that the RNC choice may not being nominated. Obviously Ron Paul holds more cards than the RNC likes.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Yea, talk about spitting in the face of the republic.

It's unbelievable this is the guy that R Americans want as their president.
edit on 28-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Maybe this explains what the RNC are trying to do:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Was reading the business insider, and now I can't find the article where it stated that when they went to vote this rule in. The chairmen John Sununu made a hasty exit stage left before the vote could be open.

This represents a alarming change in the way the party does business. A little side of Hitler anyone? This could suck if it goes the distance...further squashing any voice we had left.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
we dont need any I'Ds at voter pols because no election fraud has ever been found,,,,,,
yah because we just change the laws and rules before we get to that point R O F L

when are people going to wake up and see that this voting system is RIGGED and just a big sham

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Just pray, hope, wish on a star, that the delegates are able to pull off an upset.

The World needs you Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

just had to say this....

you sound like a texan!!

seems like the repubican leadership is trying to drive a message home to us....
and that message would be....

your votes don't count!!!

there's countries in europe that now have appointed heads of states that were never elected, they were place there by the country's lenders...

so, ya, in the end, our votes don't count. we are now owned by the big banks, and one thing is for sure, ron paul is not their man. if he were to actually get in, they would more than likely play the same game that they did against greece and italy and we'd end up with someone like Geithner being appointed....

we can push this into reality now, or we can just keep playing sheep and it will come in it's preappointed time.
personally, I think we should push it into being and hope that they aren't really ready to take the step!
I plan on voting for anyone but the two candidates, might be mickey mouse, might be ron paul, don't really think it matters who I vote for, as long as I am not throwing my support towards either of the two main candidates. if enough of us just picked a name out of a hat, chose our neighbor of good character, heck voted for a cartoon character even, neither party could claim to have a "mandate" from the people, since neither would even have close to a majority of support from the voters.

somehow, we have to find a way to let it be known loud and clear....
we don't support them...
we don't want them...
we don't accept them!!!!
and, we don't accept the responsibility of paying back all the money that we are all so sure that they are gonna be borrowing in our name!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by pajoly

Big news just out. Turns out the Romney gang has pushed a rule change that will allow the GOP nominee (Romney) to veto individual delegates from any state and replace with people of his choice

I don't think that is the case...I don't think this has anything to do with Romney or this year...I'm not positive because I can't find more information about this story right now.

But I think they are discussing and approving the rules for 2016...not changing the rules for this year. The rules for this year were set in 2008, I don't think those can be changed.

Still looking into this...but I don't think this will have anything to do with Romney.

From the way I read it .... it was regarding the next election if Mittens was president he could pick the delegates from the states which he won the electoral vote.... but it might be convention votes... that I am not sure of

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
com'on now.... there's been the pressuring of delegates, the elbowing out of the delegates that were not solidly behind the State Leadership for generations now.

this proposal is just streamlining the system of delegate loyalty...and it only involves one particular party and its' frontrunner that runs for re-election in the future

this is not about the electorial college & those representative voters

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's time for the Israeli Nazi cabal to join the rest of humanity and recognize the God given rights of free will and self determination. It's becoming apparent to even the zombified masses that something stinks to high heaven.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Excellent example to set. Democracy in action. If you don't like the rules just change them. This is just getting even more disgusting and blatant.

edit on 27-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

They should not be surprised. After all, the same leadership is doing its best to creatively find ways to suppress the votes for the Democrats in the States the Right controls. I hope this action will help them see the light, otherwise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

That aside, it is a slimy move, but Ginsberg is famous for finding end runs. He works quietly, in the background and does not like the limelight. This is also a window into how the Romney administration will operate.

I think this is a big enough threat to liberty, and one that is not and will not be confined to one party, that making it about Romney or just the GOP is unnecessarily partisan. BOTH major parties have been confiscating and centralizing power in a million little ways for a very long time.

Not everyone who votes R or D condones or believes in every nasty thing that the politicans or party chiefs do. Slapping everyone who thinks R ideas are better than D ideas with nasty accusations of wanting to suppress the vote, etc. is unfair and divisive.We keep going around and around with this crap and never getting anything done for liberty because everyone the ground is constantly playing defense. It's divide and conquer and it's working.

The GOP is without question playing hard and dirty this election. Dems played hard and dirty last time. I expect that by Nov. 6th everyone is going to be bloody and I doubt that we'll be clear of this one on Nov. 7th.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

A far as I've been able to tell, they didn't. Much like no one wanted McCain, or Dole. The GOP has a history of deciding whose turn it is. But let's be honest, there wasn't a winner in the whole lot of primary candidates. I know....I know....Paul and Johnson......but come on, Paul wasn't in it to win it and he's proven that with his actions since May. It's about setting Rand up with the elite. Johnson has my vote, but only because there's nothing else to do with it. I want the LP to get matching funds so maybe we can break the 2 party stranglehold.

Hmmmm.......come to think of it, that's almost certainly why this change is being made. Enough " outsider " progress has been made by the tea party and libertarians and they want to shut it down. I'll just bet the DNC does something similar soon. The DNC and RNC are as thick as thieves when it comes to shutting down third parties.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

From the way I read it .... it was regarding the next election if Mittens was president he could pick the delegates from the states which he won the electoral vote.... but it might be convention votes... that I am not sure of

It was actually that any candidate that won delegates from a state could appoint their own delegates instead of them being elected from the precincts.

Not just for Romney or the eventual winner...but for all candidates. This would prevent a situation where Canidate A gets 80% of the popular vote of the state, but candidate B games the system and gets his supporters elected as 60% of the delegates.

It's to ensure the will of the people is honored...I think it seems like a good system. It prevents shenanigans.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

It was actually that any candidate that won delegates from a state could appoint their own delegates instead of them being elected from the precincts.

Outcast, read again the above part of your post and think what you are saying. So you support a person ruling and making an autocratic decision vs. the PEOPLE within their own districts selecting their own choice?

If this is what you really believe, that's fine. At least you are being honest that you prefer a dictatorship or monarchy over democracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Sounds like a plan to make the convention a club in the future. Maybe gang is a better term. Reverting to their high school mentality so they can make sure only the cool kids get to play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join