It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP Mutiny - SC, VA, LA and Others May Join

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
In the article, they call Ron Paul an insurgent candidate.

The labeling and subliminals in the media these days is incredible.

Get a grip the rule won't take effect until 2016.Plenty of time to fight it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
thanks for the information

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
In the article, they call Ron Paul an insurgent candidate.

The labeling and subliminals in the media these days is incredible.

From Miriam Webster

2 ENTRIES FOUND:

1) insurgent (noun)
2) insurgent (adjective)

1in·sur·gent
noun -jənt
Definition of INSURGENT
: a person who revolts against civil authority or an established government; especially : a rebel not recognized as a belligerent
: one who acts contrary to the policies and decisions of one's own political party
See insurgent defined for English-language learners »
See insurgent defined for kids »
Examples of INSURGENT

Insurgents are trying to gain control of the country's transportation system.

Origin of INSURGENT
Latin insurgent-, insurgens, present participle of insurgere to rise up, from in- + surgere to rise — more at surge
First Known Use: 1765
Related to INSURGENT
Synonyms: rebel, insurrectionary, insurrectionist, mutineer, red, revolter, revolutionary, revolutionist
edit on 28-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
and people wonder why liberals are so rabid about having these people in office. hasn't the last 2 years of republican congressional actions been enough?...now the party leaders are screwing with the very same people that put them in power. i know this may sound hyperbolic, and rediculous, but please read "the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" ....the parallels are frightening

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
and people wonder why liberals are so rabid about having these people in office. hasn't the last 2 years of republican congressional actions been enough?...now the party leaders are screwing with the very same people that put them in power. i know this may sound hyperbolic, and rediculous, but please read "the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" ....the parallels are frightening

The GOP has proven to be very corrupt indeed, but don't try to turn this into some kind of attempt to convert people to the left . They screwed their own people too, ie Ralph Nader. Remember him? Yeah all the liberal know-it-alls (in hollywood!) threw him under the bus too for the mainstream agenda.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld
Talk on twitter is that a bus full of delegates from VA was turned away from convention.

Nikki @NikkiFGL Getting info that the buses carrying VA and SC Delegates are be driven away from the convention. #RNC2012 #RonPaul2012 #shenanigans

I'm trying to find any other reports of this but haven't found any as of yet.

Keep us posted please. Disturbing if true. Not surprising, but disturbing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

From the way I read it .... it was regarding the next election if Mittens was president he could pick the delegates from the states which he won the electoral vote.... but it might be convention votes... that I am not sure of

It was actually that any candidate that won delegates from a state could appoint their own delegates instead of them being elected from the precincts.

Not just for Romney or the eventual winner...but for all candidates. This would prevent a situation where Canidate A gets 80% of the popular vote of the state, but candidate B games the system and gets his supporters elected as 60% of the delegates.

It's to ensure the will of the people is honored...I think it seems like a good system. It prevents shenanigans.

That's all well and fine for a primary system, but completely negates why we have caucus's. Given that a particular voting system is accurate - in a pure democracy which I'd like to point out the United States is not - and using a primary system of allocating delegates, then this rule does make sense.

When in the context of caucus's it's completely wrong. Paul's been accused of "gaming the system" as you put it - but the caucus system was designed to work that way. Paul clearly stated at the beginning of the primaries that it was his intent to use the caucus system to his advantage, as it should be. IMHO the beauty of a caucus system is that through debate, selection and communication the delegate representation is vetted much more thoroughly then through the primary system where voters typically use the MSM for their sources of decision making information. I think that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I added other links. This is all about Romney...and preventing another Ron Paul like insurgency. But as another poster mentioned, this shows who the real insurgent is. Basically it is a GOP coup of the establishment against the grass roots. Let's see how his "base" likes this. Man, I'd love to see a good old fashioned floor fight.

It happened before. In 1912, Theodore Roosevelt won all the primaries (which were a new institution at the time). Nevertheless, the party cut some backroom deals and nominated Taft. Roosevelt bolted and ran as 3rd party.

In the end, Woodrow Wilson won, T. Roosevelt is on Mount Rushmore, and Taft is known as the fattest President ever.
edit on 28-8-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I have to agree with you here. You bring up an interesting point....if Romney were really the nominee then there wouldn't be any question. I can't remember the last primary that was as contentious as this one. Usually the Repubs are all behind one man consistently...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Doesn't matter now anyway - according to CNN Mitt Romney has been officially nominated.

Sad day for America...

Source
edit on 28-8-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

Yep, about a half hour ago he got the required number of delegates. The election might as well be over, now its between two sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"We want to give as much power as possible back to the individual States" - Mitt Romney, 2012.

Of course, unless we can seize that power for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by jimmyx

The GOP has proven to be very corrupt indeed, but don't try to turn this into some kind of attempt to convert people to the left . They screwed their own people too, ie Ralph Nader. Remember him? Yeah all the liberal know-it-alls (in hollywood!) threw him under the bus too for the mainstream agenda.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

I concur fully. The GOP is purging outsiders because the Tea Party and Paulites were gaining too much ground. Right now the Dems' interests are best served by getting everyone and everything down to the polls, but the very second that those folks aren't needed, or when factions on the left start splitting too much from the party line, the same anti-freedom crap will get done at the DNC, too. Nader folks got this treatment already, like you mentioned, so it's not new. The Pennsylvania laws on 3rd party candidates spring to mind showing just how bi-partisan those jerks can be when it comes to killing our voice. I'm sure most states are likewise.

I wish people would stop falling for the " R vs. D" crap and realize the only teams that matter are Freedom vs. Tyranny. While we bicker and laugh, Tyranny is winning.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It just doesn't stop with voters having ID's, and choosing delegates, when the debate commission excludes 3rd party candidates from debating that should tell you a lot about our two party system. The deck is simply stacked.

"The debates are part of the unconscionable fraud that our political campaigns have become. Here is a means to present to the American people a rational exposition of the major issues that face the nation, and the alternate approaches to their solution. Yet the candidates participate only with the guarantee of a format that defies meaningful discourse. They should be charged with sabotaging the electoral process." Walter Cronkite

"The debate commission should be broadened to include third party members and independents and others, or it should be replaced. The two major parties are becoming so much alike, and the American people know it. They want more choices. Maybe, if we let other people participate in the debates, people will start believing that politics matter." Congressman John Lewis, a former CPD director

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This seems like the first step of moneyed interests dropping the parties. Either dance to the music or hit the road. Just seems like the lights are coming up a little bit.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The officials have refuse to count the Ron Paul delegates
it was even on CNN in a big title

are they trying to piss off the entire american population to go in a revolution ?
Ron Paul clearly was the winner of the GOP
why would they be scared to replace all the RP delegates with their private fund donors
if you dont see that the entire election has been riggued from the start
you will never wake up

the USA has been completely hijacked by the kabal
most of them are lucifer woreshipers
of course they dont want Ron Paul to be elected president
and they will do what ever they can to descredit him

Ron Paul has maybe retired from the corrupted politics scene
but didnt retired to become President .. he is still in the race once the kabal government is exposed
they literaly exposed themself to the public by saying they refuse to count the RP delegates
know full well that he was the winner but has no chance to win has long the elites remain in place

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328
-->9th post on p.1 (including OP)

But remember, Republicans are "real Americans" with traditional values- traditional criminal values.

Wow, if you think there's any real difference between Democrats and Republicans, you really haven't been paying attention. Look at their campaign donor lists: both are controlled by essentially the same corporate interests...the same interests that control our government.

Thus, year after year, we get to "choose" between candidates who both serve the same corporate interests. Either way, the corporations win--and we lose. See how that works?

The RNC is just **ssed this year because although the unwashed masses have been successfully brainwashed, a large number of delegates had the *nerve* to support a candidate who was not the "anointed" one, i.e. the candidate they had already chosen for us this year.

Oh -- (or should I say, "O") -- I see your avatar.

***crickets***

Never mind.

(ATS) 40 Points That Prove That Barack Obama And Mitt Romney Are Essentially The Same Candidate

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
reply to post by jaws1975

I have to agree with you here. You bring up an interesting point....if Romney were really the nominee then there wouldn't be any question. I can't remember the last primary that was as contentious as this one. Usually the Repubs are all behind one man consistently...

Maybe it's because people are finally waking up to what's really happening in this country, and they are realizing that at the end of the day, it's NOT going to be okay--unless we do something about it. Perhaps wishful thinking...

"If you will not fight for the right
when you can easily win without bloodshed;
if you will not fight when your victory
will be sure and not too costly;
you may come to the moment
when you will have to fight
with all the odds against you
and only a small chance of survival.

There may even be a worse case:
you may have to fight
when there is no hope of victory,
because it is better to perish
than to live as slaves."
-- Winston Churchill

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not really surprised Romney's campaign would pull such a card, I mean the chairman of the GOP National Convention quickly adopted a rule that would damage Ron Paul's campaign and his delegates into even getting a chance at the GOP convention! This clearly goes to show that the Gov/Politics and voting system is obviously a FIXED game that we have NO control over, Get ready for it, cause were bout to all get served a piece of Gov. pie wither we want it or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbotAbbot
This country needs a good hard political uprising from the people inside their own parties. We are long past due, as far as I am concerned

Didja Miss the whole "tea party thing"?????????

as to thE O.p. I am saddened and ashamed (WTF??????????????)
Me thinks something is"fishy" in tampa...

edit on 28-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join