It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Maybe so with Hitler, but I think you get the point that hatred and vengeance typically isn't the best way to go as a response, which only propogates the evil in other forms, however subtle or not so subtle.

Gandhi I should point out, ultilized it (non violent resistence) to great effect in liberating India from Imperialist British rule and oppression.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by daskakik

Maybe so with Hitler, but I think you get the point that hatred and vengeance typically isn't the best way to go as a response, which only propogates the evil in other forms, however subtle or not so subtle.

Again, I don't see any of that as evil.

There is a lot of area between "hatred and vengeance" and "non-violence and non-resistance".

Gandhi I should point out, ultilized it (non violent resistence) to great effect in liberating India from Imperialist British rule and oppression.

Right, there are probably a few more examples but like I said, it "doesn't always work".
edit on 29-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"Evil is a house divided, and it's fundamentally irrational so where is it ultimately to go other than into oblivion?"

The Nations of the Earth are a house divided

I agree evil is decisive, but at the same time differences allow a culture to thrive, In consideration, when that culture begins to demand some kind of total equality, it risks it survival. No more new idea's, alternative ways to deal with problems. No more nuances for fear it might change things by allowing others to consider different ways of thinking.

There seem limits where extremism plays a role from either perspective.

Perhaps taking the middle ground?

Any thoughts?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join