It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Collie Question?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If this is the wrong place to ask this, then can mods please move it and accept my apology.

My wife was playing with our 8 year old border collie, 9 in December, when she noticed a golf size lump between his front legs at the chest area.
I have never noticed this before so cannot say if it just appeared or has been there for a while.
When I touch it or try to move it, he doesnt bother at all so is in no pain at all. He still is the same as he always has been, energetic to the extreme as all collies are, still eats and sleeps and toilet behaviour is no different as usual with him.
Can only really feel it when he is standing up.
Is this supposed to be there or do I need to see a vet about it?
This has got me worried as we have had him since he was about 6 weeks old and is really part of our family in more ways than I can say and I love him to bits.
He is a black & white long haired border collie.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I would always advise people to have all lumps checked. If it's kind of mushy and soft, it's PROBABLY a lipoma, which is nothing to worry about. But the best thing would be to see the vet. If nothing else, it will put your mind at ease.

Lipoma
edit on 8/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I would always advise people to have all lumps checked. If it's kind of mushy and soft, it's PROBABLY a lipoma, which is nothing to worry about. But the best thing would be to see the vet. If nothing else, it will put your mind at ease.

Lipoma
edit on 8/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Wow is that your shepard in your avatar? He's beautiful. I had one for 15 years and have been contemplating getting another pal. Border Collie is another I've been considering. Both are smart and great companions.
edit on 27-8-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
get him to a good vet soon collies are good at hiding pain as they see it as a weakness losing there place in the pack i lost my collie called dougal macauley a couple of years ago .hope your one is ok

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No, its not soft and mushy at all, just like a kind of hard lump....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My vet said my border collie mix lump on the front of her chest was because she was overweight. I would call your vet and describe it to him/her and see if he wants to take a look.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Call the vet - That's a good idea. They'll probably tell you to bring him in just to be sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My vet is only 5 miles away so will make an appt asap. Can,t imagine what I would be like if anything happened to him. Many thanks for the replies and encouragement here, helps a lot...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Let us know what you find out.
Good luck!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
because i am unemployed due to health reasons, i have to apply for a cdsa form which i did at the vet today. only costs £7.50 for most if not all treatment. will get an appt as soon as the paperwork arrives, and yes, i will let you know here.
thanks for asking, i appreciate it....

i changed my avatar as he likes to show his teeth a lot but is just playing lol
edit on 28-8-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

hopefully that is all it is because i have not been able to take him for his usual 5 mile walk due to my illness...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He really does enjoy showing those lovely teeth.
If he is like mine he goes for tug-of-war. I do hope it is nothing serious and that you get feeling better real soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

He gets me up every morning by nudging me but only if i am awake, he never wakes me up. He can tell i am awake even if he cannot see my eyes which is weird. Yes, he loves tugging at toys etc and follows me everywhere.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Has he been abducted by aliens? Try putting aluminum foil on his head. (and post a picture).....

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There is always one ...... Lol

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I would always just take him to the vet regardless, you never know when it could be serious and it'll at least put your mind at rest if it's nothing.

I have a collie too and he's stunning. He's an absolute lunatic, but he's a lovely dog. I hope everything is okay with him though.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
had him out for a walk today in the fields and he loves it. when a car comes when we are in the road, he instantly lies down without me telling him, had always done that.....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

My pal out yesterday for a walk....

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

He's a beautiful dog

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks, everyone says that, but i spoil him every day, follows me everywhere. if i go in the car he is in it before me lol
He smiles on command but hates baths for some reason but loves the sea. We are lucky as we are only 5 mins away from the beach....

edit on 31-8-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join