It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore County High School Shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Baltimore County High School Shooting

news.yahoo.com

PERRY HALL, Md. (AP) — A student was shot and critically wounded on the first day of classes at a Baltimore County high school Monday and police said a suspect was quickly taken into custody.
County police said the wounded Perry Hall High School student was flown to a hospital. The 17-year-old male student was in critical condition at Maryland Shock Trauma Center, a hospital spokeswoman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
One student shot another student on the first day of classes at Perry Hall High School in Baltimore County.

One person interviewed said, "This is a very comfortable, very safe community, and it's an excellent high school," said Marks, who graduated from Perry Hall. "I think this is an aberration, but clearly one that is horrifying, particularly on the first day of school."

Motive is unknown...

Another gun incident...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
This is why you don't start school before Labour day.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What's weird is that the other night I had a dream about a school shooting.

But, on the other hand, I have school shooting dreams maybe once every eight months.

Sad and strange

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sunday murder...

centralmodesto.news10.net...

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just don't get it. How do these people make it into a "gun free zone" with a gun? I mean, these people should be following the laws, right? After all, that's the premise for wanting to ban all the guns, so that criminals won't kill people. I know for a fact that all the criminals will be FIRST in line to hand over their guns. Psychos will be right behind them. /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Shooter is 14y/o Bobby Gladden.

Check out his Facebook, Definitely a disturbed individual.

Before school started this morning, he posted on Facebook "First day of school, last day of my life. t(~_~t), # the world"

Could of been much worse, He was only able to fire 2 rounds before being subdued by school faculty.

edit on 27-8-2012 by 90gsx because: i can

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 90gsx

Before school started this morning, he posted on Facebook "First day of school, last day of my life. t(~_~t), # the world"

Could of been much worse, He was only able to fire 2 rounds before being subdued by school faculty.

Explain to everyone why and how this suspected person is "definitely a disturbed individual?"

Lots of visitors could pass through that link and not think twice about him. The page itself does not make this suspect disturbed. However, if this is the person that actually committed the shooting, only then is there an argument.
edit on 2012.8.27 by TravisBickle451 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

lol did you not look at his pictures and info?

His profile is not normal and definitely a red flag

He is in fact the shooter. I live in the area and found out from friends in the police department

edit on 27-8-2012 by 90gsx because: boobs

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 90gsx

At the very least we can rule out mk ultra mind control patsy....

Unless now the shadow government is going after 14 year olds to commit false flags.

Or can we...
edit on 27-8-2012 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

look at the page. He liked the Columbine Cowards.

'Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

lol did you not look at his pictures and info?

His profile is not normal and definitely a red flag

He is in fact the shooter. I live in the area and found out from friends in the police department

I saw the entire profile. It looks like nothing extraordinary. Simply a person with tastes different than the mainstream.

I should ask you: Did you not read and understand my reply? If the page was truly a "red flag," then he'd have been turned in some time ago. Is that not what is taught in recent times? Alert authorities about possible threats?

Through your logic, anyone out with eclectic tastes are suspect and disturbed. In fact, everyone on this forum would fit the bill of being a red flag because of the relative radicalism that is rampant around here, all of which is not popular in the mainstream.

Originally posted by TDawgRex

look at the page. He liked the Columbine Cowards.

'Nuff said.

That link on his profile shows 95 likes. Should those 95 people be investigated? Actually, those 95 people is dwarfed by the actual number of people who have at one time or another felt or spoken out positively about Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

And for the record, "'nuff said" is the weakest form to finish off any sort of argument. In fact, the use of such paltry phrase is counterproductive to your goals. It not only fails to give any weight to your argument, but it rather shows your inability to produce any coherent ideas.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If 95 likes means 95 people are investigated to prevent even 1 death, then your answer is yes, investigate the owners of 95 likes and determine if they are a threat,

Is that enough said....

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

If 95 likes means 95 people are investigated to prevent even 1 death, then your answer is yes, investigate the owners of 95 likes and determine if they are a threat,

Is that enough said....

Which goes back to the original reason for my replies.

Someone here (and now others across the Internet) said that this suspect is "definitely a disturbed individual." How useful to say that after the fact. It sure makes people feel smart to say that once the damage is done. No one who had visited his profile came forward to authorities, yet now everyone has the "I told you so" mentality.

Now, of those 95 people, only 1 has to our knowledge done anything like this. So, he's an outlier. If investigated, those remaining 94 people are likely to just be perceived as strange with unpopular ideas, but perhaps nothing to say they are a true threat. Which goes further with my original idea that just because someone has tastes that are outside the box it does not mean they are disturbed.

So basically, if there are true red flags, report them. But just because you see them as red flags because things are different or you cannot understand them, it does not mean they are truly disturbed.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451

Explain to everyone why and how this suspected person is "definitely a disturbed individual?"

Lots of visitors could pass through that link and not think twice about him. The page itself does not make this suspect disturbed. However, if this is the person that actually committed the shooting, only then is there an argument.
edit on 2012.8.27 by TravisBickle451 because: Typo

One can easily see how disturbed he was by that super long straw he created at a fast food restaurant. /sarcasm

To me he looks like a million other teenagers.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

"Nuff said" is also a phrase that Stan Lee used to sign off with.

But in this case, anyone who actually identifies with Klebold and Harris need to be looked into.

The news is filled with idiots posting drama on FB or tweeting their thoughts of revenge, vengenance, or fantasies, and getting arrested for having the means to carry them out.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I just don't get it. How do these people make it into a "gun free zone" with a gun? I mean, these people should be following the laws, right? After all, that's the premise for wanting to ban all the guns, so that criminals won't kill people. I know for a fact that all the criminals will be FIRST in line to hand over their guns. Psychos will be right behind them. /sarcasm

Yes the whole logic of gun control fixing everything is flawed at best. It is the same as saying lets pass a law that makes it illegal to shoot other people.

top topics

join