It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
www.google.co.uk...=en&gs_nf=1&cp=12&gs_id=1a&xhr=t&q=DEFINE+COINCIDEnce&pf=p&o utput=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=DEFINE+COINC&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=f2263ba066479772&biw=1440&bih=846

a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance: Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence

the condition or fact of coinciding

an instance of this.

Science is the practice of constructing theoretical explanations of how events (phenomena) happen to repeatedly coincide. Remarkable coincidences sometimes lead to theories involving the supernatural or psychic forces. Or the explanation that a person or persons intentionally acted and the coincidence is the evidence of these actions

WIKI - COINCIDENCE

"...it is only the manipulation of uncertainty that interests us. We are not concerned with the matter that is uncertain. Thus we do not study the mechanism of rain, only whether it will rain."
Dennis Lindsey - The Philosphy of Statistics

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Signals
There is no such thing as "coincidence"........

I dunno. If you happen to visit my city, and just happen to go into a store where I just happen to be buying milk, and you just happen to hear me talking. And I just happen to mention ATS. And you just happen to mention that you're a member....

Wouldn't that be a coincidence?

No, not at all....that would be fate.

Or, it would mean you are stalking fellow ATS members

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

There is no such thing as "coincidence"........

I dunno. If you happen to visit my city, and just happen to go into a store where I just happen to be buying milk, and you just happen to hear me talking. And I just happen to mention ATS. And you just happen to mention that you're a member....

Wouldn't that be a coincidence?

No, not at all....that would be fate.

Or, it would mean you are stalking fellow ATS members

But fate would have to have a purpose, yes? So, if you simply went your way and I went mine...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Actually there are coincidences but most time what is said to be a coincidence is not. If you take a situation apart, everything can be explained, this is what science does. When a series of events come together and create a situation to occur than it is not coincidence even though each event can be explained. There is structure to these seemingly coincidental events that leads to a defined outcome. Whether the cause of the outcome is driven by desire, need, or curiosity, it still has structure.

How many times have things come together in series to shuffle you down a path to something. If you are unaware you will not even know it is happening but if your eyes are open you will see that this reality may possibly be influenced by something other than our consciousness. I think our subconscious, what ever it may be, has a big part in this, being able to analyze things much better than we do. Our subconscious is a different person though, a person created by both everything we have ever heard or seen and also by our genetics. Our subconscious is our ancestors, a part of every one is in us, recorded in our DNA and junk DNA with help from our RNA. It is tied to our immune system and tells us what to do. Even the microbes in our body are sometimes in communication with our subconscious.

This system uses a big percentage of our brain and operates in the background brainwaves which are smaller but faster than the conscious brainwaves. The speed of thinking of the subconscious is tenfold plus of the conscious because everything is compared against the subconscious to make a thought, except when you are drunk or drugged. It is imperative not to dope this area of the brain up, communication is lost. Certain chemicals get us to communicate with this area of the brain but the language of the subconscious is very complex and it is almost dreamlike sometimes.

It is possible our subconscious can communicate with others of our kind telepathically also, the frequency being a high frequency which our conscious cannot decipher. This could help to form coincidences. Those of our kind include people of a group we belong to, not necessary those we are related to physically. Friends and work mates included. Now most everything I say here is unproven but there are studies out there addressing these things. The studies aren't conclusive but they do show something is happening.

In another fifty years it will be possible to teach everyone a lifetime of experience in a week of sleep. A child will learn to be an adult right away without missing their childhood. Their childhood will include fun and games and a life full of mistakes just as ours are, the only difference is this will happen in a week long coma. The speed of thought of the subconscious is so fast that you can experience a week long dream in a half hour. Accelerated learning will be possible in the future, this has to include making mistakes and learning from the mistakes. Maybe this is what is happening right now and we really don't exist except in someones mind.

This knowledge along with my thoughts and conclusions make me think that coincidences most often are structured without consciousness being aware from our subconscious. Can the subconscious also communicate with these beings that some call angels and demons? That is unknown to me and because of the controversial nature of it I will not comment of my beliefs here. My mind is receptive to the possibility of things we cannot comprehend existing. Is this a training dream? Am I five years old and sleeping a life away in the future? Anything is possible. Look how much technological advancement has happened in the last twenty years and how our knowledge of the workings of the mind has excelled in the last ten years. If this is true, what am I being trained for, what are others here being trained for, and who are the teachers and who are other students.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join