It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In very ancient times , early man found that by rubbing two sticks together , he sudddenly became empowered beyond what his imagination might allow him to know .

So , what I wanted to just try , was to make a double thread , about coincidences , to see if doing this might bring any fruit from the future . I know it will , but how we dont know yet or what it might bring .

I thought to get the ball rolling now , and actually 'suspend time' to see if my theory being developed is correct - so I wont take part in this thread or make its double at a set time . I've got other things to do for now and the next few days.

This thread I hope others users do just put whatever that suits them , and that we somehow have a result.
The next one I will write a convincing description of how we aas people can use coincidences and coincidence theory . Beleive it or not my twin cousin's twins are coming over tomorrow
this could get complicated ....
good luck

edit on 25-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There is no such thing as "coincidence"........

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
maybe i am tired but i dont get it

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The word belies its use, both ways...

Clearly, everything which occurs, is a co-incidence...
...and yet, this is the way it should be, since events do not occur without other events occuring as well...
...so, in the spirit, in which it is used in the OP...it does not exist...but, clearly points to another conclusion based on subjective observation, which is belittled daily...

Co...with, at the same time, along with...etc...
Incidence/incident...event, occurence, happening...etc...

Things happening at the same time!

This is what always happens...

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well let me add a story about a penguin, and penguin that loves pickles. He love pickles so much that he would rob banks just so he can get more pickels..oh yeah he wore a bow tie.

I have no idea what Im doing, I would love to see what kind of coincidence comes from that

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yes there is, coincidence is a word.
That's about all it is.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
In very ancient times , early man found that by rubbing two sticks together , he sudddenly became empowered beyond what his imagination might allow him to know .

Is there a source for this info? Unless you mean fire.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Oh, thanks for reminding me, I left the bag with the pickles in it in the chevy.
Just kidding
edit on 25-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

to see if doing this might bring any fruit from the future . I know it will :
edit on 25-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

Wonder what fruit from the future tastes like? Is there going to be replicated fruit? Will there be technology to enhance its fruitiness. I cant wait.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by psyko4570

I think he's trying to say some nut will respond to the thread in the future. How did he know I would be here?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well. Completely off topic. Which is what i think we're supposed to do. 30 minutes or less is a very funny movie. It's raining outside in Maryland right now. And my Xbox live name is dipsezbaby also. Coincidence... I think not!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I dunno. If you happen to visit my city, and just happen to go into a store where I just happen to be buying milk, and you just happen to hear me talking. And I just happen to mention ATS. And you just happen to mention that you're a member....

Wouldn't that be a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I dunno. If you happen to visit my city, and just happen to go into a store where I just happen to be buying milk, and you just happen to hear me talking. And I just happen to mention ATS. And you just happen to mention that you're a member....

Wouldn't that be a coincidence?

That would be synchronicity - sometimes mysterious, sometimes not...just as in the case of the fabled...co-incidence...
The 'import' would be yours and yours alone (and the other party, if similarly mind-setted)...

The subjective meaning of such a meeting is another kettle of fish...

A99

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyko4570

HAHAHA! You have been a member for ONE day and you've listed 19 members as a foe. You are a conspiracy in the making. Good job!

It's called being a respected foe. Is there such a thing as a disrespected foe here?
edit on 8/25/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Goof ball

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Not true. With politics every scandal or profit is just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dipsezbaby
Well. Completely off topic. Which is what i think we're supposed to do. 30 minutes or less is a very funny movie. It's raining outside in Maryland right now. And my Xbox live name is dipsezbaby also. Coincidence... I think not!!

Actually, I think it's one of those psychology tests where the explanation given is false. I believe this thread is to prove that we'll write about anything. And that's just not...AHHH, I'm pathetic!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Yes , I think I have something for you.
I will call my discovery coINcidence.
O.K. What do the below listed people have in common?:

MarlIN PerkINs

Steve IrwIN

Jeff CorwIN

AustIN Stevens

They were ALL wildlife t.v. program hosts, and they ALL have the IN letter combo
in their names.
Furthermore letter "I" is the ninth letter of the alphabet.
Letter "N" is the fourteenth letter.
9+14=23.

Umm.. oh yeah: twIN cousIN
edit on 25-8-2012 by RavenSpeaks because: MORE

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just realized this. Is it a coincidence that I had posted the following post in another thread before reading this post where I talked about coincidences?

posted on 25-8-2012 @ 11:10 PM

"I believe in the more scientific explanation , but I figure that I should also add the other coincidences in there. "
"Come to think about it , although its most likely a coincidence"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 25-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is it a coincidence that this thread has no flags

top topics

<<   2 >>

join