It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, sweet land of liberty...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I agree with you! This country is what you make of it you have the oppertunity to apply your self gain an education and make a contribution. My question is what is the best way to make a contribution? How do you do that? And what is required?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jvarga390
I agree with you! This country is what you make of it you have the oppertunity to apply your self gain an education and make a contribution. My question is what is the best way to make a contribution? How do you do that? And what is required?

The first thing is to get up, turn off the computer, go outside and talk to your neighbors. Get involved in community, volunteer to help those less fortunate than yourself with your time and money.

I know that work, family and just keeping it all together is a daunting task but isolating behind a computer monitor and pushing around electrons doesn't really help others that much. Direct contact with actual human beings is what we all need to do to "fix it" imo.

It's ironic that I'm saying this on the www. However on my laptop next to me is a film documentary project I'm working on dealing with PTSD and alcoholism/self medication/homelessness. I hope it makes people more aware of the actual human problems these wars have caused that are basically being ignored and swept under the rug.
edit on 10-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join