It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA reveals secrets it has hidden on the Curiosity rover.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i understandstand everything except

Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

why would they do this? whats the point?

To bribe the Martians! Because they don't want us there...

edit on 26-8-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

It reminds me of putting a quarter on a pool table to call dibs... Other than that who knows? Maybe the cash is the best indication of the esoteric beliefs of our overlords... They've managed to pack quite a bit of symbology on each note...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Sending a modern coin into space is a pretty neat way to tell ET a great deal about our technological status -

1. Minted currency indicates an organized civilization, the perfection of round coins indicates our sophistication
2. It demonstrates a society able to work metals
3. The alloys used indicate the level of our chemistry and industrial processes
4. Most coins carry an image of a human, architecture and/ or sculpture / art
5. Some coins indicate we are a monotheistic culture with a concept of faith

Granted the coin being attached to a space probe indicates our level of development is even higher but the coin will probably outlast most of the probe. Even tens of thousands of years in the future when the probe is mostly rust and junk the penny will tell anyone who discovers it valuable archeological data.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

A lucky penny is used to calibrate Curiosity’s camera system, and Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

I can see the headlines tomorrow. Rover gets mugged for cash and tires!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

W
If it does find signs of mcroscopic life then they will will probably play it down and say "oh, my bad, sorry, thats our fault for putting cash on it, obviously it's contaminated our instruments with bacteria from earth, wasted journey, once again, our bad!"

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

It reminds me of putting a quarter on a pool table to call dibs... Other than that who knows? Maybe the cash is the best indication of the esoteric beliefs of our overlords... They've managed to pack quite a bit of symbology on each note...

You think like me, I thought the same thing, Illuminati/all seeing eye/pyramids on the dollar bill....
2nd

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Martian gonna need about tree fiddy.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

and Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

Probably to give change to the locals when they order...?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

You think like me, I thought the same thing, Illuminati/all seeing eye/pyramids on the dollar bill....
2nd

Hell maybe all those symbols on our money is like a treasure map or some kind of hidden message... They say the best place to hide is right out in the open... Seems like something those crazy bastards would get off on... Put the key to our hidden true heritage in each of our pockets without any of us realizing it. In fact, the more I think about that the more it seems plausible... Nothing would really surprise me at this point.

jra

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I didn't know these were "secrets". I had known about the tire tracks and the penny since some time last year, but it's still neat. Thanks for posting it VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by SerratedSoul

A lucky penny is used to calibrate Curiosity’s camera system, and Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

Notice how that sentence is structured. There is a penny AND cash. There is not just a penny on that thing, but also additional cash. Clear enough for you?

Clearly your source isn't very good.

d ailymail
Curiosity is also carrying cash.

Engineers placed a lucky penny onboard to allow the rover to calibrate its camera.

Furthermore, what use would NASA scientists have for a "lucky penny"? Luck is not scientific. Why not just call it a "favorable probability penny"? It's insulting how condescending these people can sometimes be.

How are they being condescending?! I don't understand that. As for its use, it's apart of the calibration target for the cameras.

edit on 26-8-2012 by jra because: tags

edit on 26-8-2012 by jra because: tags again

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

How else is NASA going to buy the tee shirt that says I sent my rover to mars and all I got was this lousy tee shirt?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Placing cash on the Curiosity was a genius idea!

The NASA accountants were under pressure to meet budget, to avoid a large budget slash that would result if they finished under budget.

That's right, they literally had so much excess cash left in the budget that they sent as much as possible to Mars. This way they could say the budget was exhausted and request an equal, or larger, budget for the next mission.

Would be funny if that is really the reasoning behind it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i understandstand everything except

Curiosity is also said to be carrying cash.

why would they do this? whats the point?

is the fed setting up a bank on mars?
is money so worthless now that they are dumping it on mars?
are they experimenting with that nano bacteria on bank notes?

i dont get it

Because the astronaut we sent there in the 70's is getting a little broke. Mar's doesn't accept PayPal.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Concerning the supposed cash on the rover, it is common for people to collect paper money from foreign countries as souvenirs; money is also very representative of the human race considering that it uses symbols, language, and iconic or recognizable pictures. There is controversial evidence of buildings, structures, and life already on Mars, so maybe the rover has a hidden mission objective to rendezvous with the current Mars base personnel which of whom will recover the money and keep/ share it as a souvenir from Earth/man; and whether they are E.T.s or humans is tbd.

Explanation of Mars base and inhabitants:

Picture of Mars base taken by NASA:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I rarely post, but maybe they sent cash because the one dollar bill is a powerful talisman. That is of course assuming they sent a dollar. Aleister Crowley was noted for saying in God we trust, or maybe it was in one of his hymns? Could just be a coincidence, but I think not.
edit on 26-8-2012 by tompumped because: (no reason given)

There are also a number of other questions that arise when studying the symbolism on the bill. It's not fresh in my mind, but I think it's definitely a possibility that it's a talisman with one specific purpose.
edit on 26-8-2012 by tompumped because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cash for a return ticket?
Originally it was people trying to force foreign races to accept the one true god, the modern equivalent of this must be trying to force foreign races to accept the all mighty Dollar,
and good on JPL for taking the time to show off, Mars must be theirs now, Its got their name on it
, who needs traction on an unknown and unpredictable surface any way, that's all I got.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by jacktorrance

Looks like i will be getting dragged away with you also
, my name is on the list too

My name too

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think people really lost their direction as a species. We need to get on the moon & mars with both our bodies and our machines. We can do it. We just need motivation. Should we perish as a species? Or diversify to other planets?

Here is a video that shows what is wrong with us and how we have regressed in the last 40 years:

edit on 29-12-2012 by PaulieG because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join