It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA reveals secrets it has hidden on the Curiosity rover.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They put cash on the rover to pay for the tolls on mars.

the old rover evaded tolls costing 4000 dollars in fines, this time they have made sure this won't happen.

No but seriously why the hell nasa?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Perhaps the cash is a dollar bill? A few weeks ago Nasa put up a photo of the eye and pyramid to test the camera on Curiosity. Perhaps the "cash" has something to do with the imaging on the rover, like some kind of calibration test using the Dollar Bill as a point of focus. I am not a scientist but I doubt there are any lottery winners on mars.

Anyway I have a screen in my ATS upload of the dollar bill so I might as well upload it, perhaps it is linked?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Wow. Until you posted this I had completely forgotten - I'm one of the 1.24 million names on mars right now!

I signed up months ago and hadn't thought another thing about it until I just read your post...Awesome!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hrabialolo

You can't take seriously Indian News....they are full of BS..sorry..not good source of information.

Ahhh yes, the old "question the source" trick.

If you care to do a simple google search, you will see several sources regarding it.

Unfortunately I cannot do it for you right now, because I am on my phone. I do apologize

Vvv

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Elvis is giving a concert. And it won't be free.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

Wow. Until you posted this I had completely forgotten - I'm one of the 1.24 million names on mars right now!

I signed up months ago and hadn't thought another thing about it until I just read your post...Awesome!

Hah! Silly you, those are the names of those that are to be sacrificed to the hostile alien horde. Sorry but NASA traded you all off for a long term lease on their old dead planet.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

your on the list?
uuuh oooh !!! lol

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Zigzag track pattern? Is that because Zigzag and stoned go together?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Hah! Silly you, those are the names of those that are to be sacrificed to the hostile alien horde. Sorry but NASA traded you all off for a long term lease on their old dead planet.

I'll be sure to do a final post on ATS before I'm hauled away for good.

Headline : I'VE GOT SOME MAJOR NEWS TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU!

"Hey ATS.

Alright, so I gave my name to NASA foolishly thinking they'd take it to Mars on the rover. I've learned somethings, BUT I can't tell any of you....yet. The alien hordes don't want me to. Just S&F and ask me questions and I'll answer with what the alien overlord wants me to tell you. It's really juicy, but don't ask anything to secretive, because you're not ready for it...yet.

Oh also, I don't have time to go into much more detail, because I used all my time transcribing a code for you to all figure out that will tell you my location and other really important information. Spend your valuable time decoding it and reply!"

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Wiki has had the info on curiosity for a while now, there are actually two separate pages at least.

One is under the 'MSL laboratory label', the other is 'curiosity rover'. If you google you will find them, it's a bit fractious trying to link to Wiki.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What is excepted international law on claiming new territory, Survey the land, plant a flag and drop a couple of bucks for the right to claim economical rights?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It had to be the all seeing eye part of a dollar bill they use didn't it...

Of all the possible choices they choose that?

Do you think they read ATS and are playing a game... or something else.... dun dun dun.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

For signatories to the Outer Space Treaty (which the US is):

Article II
Outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, is not subject to national appropriation by claim of sovereignty, by means of use or occupation, or by any other means.

www.state.gov...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Looks like i will be getting dragged away with you also
, my name is on the list too

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
some pretty cool stuff

Sticking up from the rover near the back right side is a tiny black knob – Curiosity’s sundial. A leftover bit from the previous rover missions, Spirit and Opportunity, which also carried sundials, this decoration has the word for Mars written in 16 languages on it.

The sundial also carries an inscription that will serve as a monument once the rover has finally bit the dust. “To Mars, To Explore,” it reads. “For millennia, Mars has stimulated our imaginations. First, we saw Mars as a wandering star, a bringer of war from the abode of the gods. In recent centuries, the planet’s changing appearance in telescopes caused us to think that Mars had a climate like the Earth’s. Our first space age views revealed only a cratered, Moon-like world, but later missions showed that Mars once had abundant liquid water. Through it all, we have wondered: Has there been life on Mars? To those taking the next steps to find out, we wish a safe journey and the joy of discovery.”

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So the tread is made to communicate to what/whoever (that doesn't know the origin of rover-and happens upon said rover's tracks) that it comes from some parcel from Pasadena, California, North American Continent, Earth; known as JPL?

I guess this won't be in any of our history books, we are living the story of the times.

So, why bread crumbs if there ain't anything out there?

Fun story, thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Explanation: Uhmmm?

I made a thread about that law ... and its got so many loopholes [pointed out by ATS members] that it is useless.

Did Nasa STEAL luna rocks from the moon? (by OmegaLogos posted on 24-10-2011 @ 08:12 PM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: For example ...

Article IV
States Parties to the Treaty undertake not to place in orbit around the Earth any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction, install such weapons on celestial bodies, or station such weapons in outer space in any other manner.

The Moon and other celestial bodies shall be used by all States Parties to the Treaty exclusively for peaceful purposes. The establishment of military bases, installations and fortifications, the testing of any type of weapons and the conduct of military maneuvers on celestial bodies shall be forbidden. The use of military personnel for scientific research or for any other peaceful purposes shall not be prohibited. The use of any equipment or facility necessary for peaceful exploration of the Moon and other celestial bodies shall also not be prohibited.

And yet Curiosity is up on Mars firing its LAZERS! Dual use means they should never of been used in the 1st place or we enter that loophole zone of BS!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

There is no testing of weapons being conducted. There is a laser (at least get the spelling right) being used to do chemical analysis.

There shall be freedom of scientific investigation in outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, and States shall facilitate and encourage international co-operation in such investigation.

Apparently none of the other signatories have your reservations about the use of such tiny "weapons" on Mars.

Personal Disclosure: For example

What, exactly, is personal about that "disclosure"?
edit on 8/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Explanation: And you prove my point for me ...

Apparently none of the other signatories have your reservations about the use of such tiny "weapons" on Mars.

There is the law ... and no one is upholding it due to the desire to benefit scientifically militaristically from such dual use equipment.

Personal Disclosure: Oh I forgot to add the link to my recent thread where it looks like we may end up in a alien bug hunt kinda war!

Boffins zapped '2,000 bugs' from Curiosity's 2 MILLION lines of code. (by OmegaLogos posted on 22-8-2012 @ 07:24 AM) [ATS]

And then it dawned upon me ... and I yawned and really wanted to go back to sleep but then the rays of truth struck me in the eye that not only did the boffins zap the bugs in the code before it was launched ... but once landed on mars, Curiosity was zapping rocks with its laser whilst 'looking for signs of life'.

It was only a short step from there to Intergalactic War [Mars is the God of War] with Alien 'Bugs'!

My Bad! Sorry!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join