It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your earliest memory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Oh, I loved zelda but i was very much an adult when it came out. pretty remarkable you could play it at such a young age !

reply to post by GAOTU789

wow, i can't believe you can remember being that young ! that's really remarkable! very observant and somewhat mature for a baby. Bet you excelled in school ?

reply to post by spacedoubt

for being that young and so in touch with nature that is also amazing. Do you still interact with nature/animals ? Sounds like you were born with it. about the dog biscuit thing, well to each his own. I was probably still on cheerios at that age.

reply to post by Myomistress

oh you bad kids. I've always been a tad claustrophobic and although I wanted to go in there , i was too scared. you should have grabbed at people shopping just to scare the heck out of them.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Yes, the jolt was pretty memorable. I can't believe I wasn't hurt worse but when my grandmother would tell them story (when she was still alive), she said I flew across the room. LOL - not sure about THAT....

But what I really remember is her telling me (sternly), "I TOLD YOU not to stick that bobby pin in there!"

I guess you have to have known her but that was just how she was. Loving but... "commanding". And even though I was her first grandbaby, she had 6 kids of her own (the two youngest still in the house when I was) so she was not a "paranoid first time Mom".

Interestingly, another strong memory of my young childhood with her is similar. She was taking my temperature with an old mercury thermometer. I kept clicking my teeth on it and she told me to stop. She turned her back and I clicked them VERY hard on it behind her back. Of course, it broke.

I guess I spit out the glass in time and the mercury didn't touch either of us. I don't know but I do remember the mercury in an interesting pool on the floor. She would try to wipe it up and it would slide away (yes, I realize how stupid this was, etc.). Anyway, right when I did it, I am sure you can guess her comment. Didn't ask if I was ok. Didn't act overly concerned about the toxic mercury on the floor. She said, "I TOLD YOU to quit clicking your teeth on that!" God I loved her. :-)

As far as the music box - yes, it got lost over the years. I think her youngest son (who lived in the house when I did) took it away to college when he went (this music boxed moved all the way through the kids in the family). Obviously, it never came back. :-( I would give anything to be able to find a music box like that again.

But yes... at least the memories are awesome.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Earliest memory from around tail end of 1972 when i would've been coming up for 2. We lived in a fantastic Glasgow tenement which had an open coal fire and my memory is of sitting on the couch with my 2 brothers and the fire is roaring, just a simple, warm memory. There could be earlier ones but I'm not sure if its me putting imagery to stories I've heard about myself, so I'll go with this one.

Favourite oldest memory would be of one of my oldest brothers friends asking if he could borrow my brothers bike. My other brother overhearing this convo decided to interject by saying that he would go and get the bike if the friend would hold the stick my brother was playing with. Friend said yes and brother proceeded to hand said friend a stick covered in dog #e. I'm suprised my brother didnt end up with some broken bones.

Favourite general memory is the smell of my father, sounds weird but it isnt lol He was a pattern maker (which is a skilled trade that is related to the trades of tool and die making and moldmaking) and used wood everyday in his job. The smell of cut wood off of him when he came home is a smell that I'll never forget and whenever I smell sawn wood it brings a tinge of sadness as hes no longer with us but its that smell keeps him a little bit more alive to me than just memories.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

You know, I really thought they understood me, the animals. They never talked back of course. But, I'm sure I saw the box turtle smiling over those delicious strawberries. The Doodlebugs ate the ants, which were the bugs that bit me sometimes, so, I cheered them on.
We lived in the boonies, no kids really close by..SO I made animal friends, with the wilds ones. And my dogs Ringo and Bingo.
I shared the bogs biscuits with Ringo and Bingo...Or maybe they shared with me!
All I know is mom said "don't eat the Milk bones". That was enough to make me curious. Probably healthier than Oreos...LOL

I'm still like that now...I can barely bring myself to swat a fly. I never stomp on spiders. I tell my wife I killed it. But reality is, I have a spider relocation program going on!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join