It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is your earliest memory?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I see a few threads have been done on this but thought it might be fun for the weekend.

1. Just wondering what is your earliest memory?
2. What is your favorite oldest memory ?
3. and what is your favorite memory of childhood in general?

mine is
1. holding my baby sister at my grandmas house because mom wouldn't let me. I was 3
2. having tea parties with my grandma in our secret place. real tea. and riding in the back seat of Grandpas Bel Air feeling very very small.
3. gas for .54 cents a gallon when i started driving

edit on 24-8-2012 by horseplay because: obsessed with numbering for some reason

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Watching Fraggle Rock
Teddy Ruxpin
Disney World

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I was on a bus,up front what looked like to me were fish swimming around.
It was the sign telling you where the bus was heading.
I was 6 months old,confirmed by my mother when I told her about a few years back.
1965 was when it occurred.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

oh, i understand just brought back a terrifying memory of getting lost in the bathroom at McAlpins because of all the mirrors. I still swear the doors got reversed while I was in there !

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
About two months old. I remember my mother trying to get me to say such simple words such as "moon" and stuff like that. She said that I started talking very very early so I'll give this memory some weight.

A memory probably not much further along when I was sitting in my stroller and my grandmother was trying to teach me how to do raspberries with my lips because she thought it would be cute.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Apparitions

we went to Disney world a few times as kids. It was fun, but for some reason did not stick with me. I had more fun on the beaches and exploring the camping trails. space mountain was the bomb tho !

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

wow, that's really amazing. i have lost all 'baby' memories, being 3 years old is the earliest i can remember.
incredible you can remember that early on in life ! funny how some remember and some don't.
thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
1. I was 3 running around outside with my chow dogs and had no shirt on cuz I wanted to be like the boys I was playing with
2. I was 4 and looked through my door key hole to see my parents moving up and down under the covers( glad they were under the covers)
3. 4- my grandma showed me a learning book about sex because I asked her what my parents were doing when they moved up and down.
4. I was about 5 when I got my first whiff of a plant that is illegal-my dad walked by me-and it was a peculiar smell and it was not a cigarette.
5. When I started driving gas was .98 cents

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

natalia, that is tooooo funny. talk about an early sex education !
also a premature drug education, I'm surprised at such a young age you recognized an unfamiliar smell. shoot, some naive people still don't recognize that. Or so some people think.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Another or two memories I had was riding my tricycle in our first place when I was 2 or 3 years old.
Mom and dad were amazed I remember that.
Then there is the one ,which goes to show you the imagination of children,that I swear up and down that I saw a giant turtle climb up and over our chain linked fence and climbed a pinetree while my mother was sunbathing.I was about 4 and I'm thinking my mother spiked my koolaid to get some peace.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

I just remember stupid mundane things. Like doing clock worksheets in kindergarten at a long wooden table wondering why I had to be in school and why we always wrote with such big pencils and crayons.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow. You guys have awesome memories. Maybe it is because I am old (LOL) but I think one of my youngest vivid memories (complete with sound, conversations, etc.) is about two years old - when my parents got married.

Now, for "bits and pieces" memories...

I also remember sticking a bobby pin in to a socket when I was living with my grandmother. This was before my parents got married so it was prior to two years old but not sure exactly what age...

My favorite memory from my childhood is also a "bits and pieces" memory. It is of this music box my grandmother had that was dark red and had little while twinkling lights in it. I remember staring in to it and thinking it looked like a runway or space. I don't know how I knew that because my memory of it was when I was about 5 yet, I never visited an airport until about 8 and never flew myself until 13. And of course, I have never been in space (that I remember; LOL). What I do clearly remember is that I LOVED that music box and it would fascinate me for a long time.

Interestingly, My grandmother said that if I was "fussy" when I was a baby, she would put me in front of the music box and I would just stare at it forever even then.

Nice thread / question... made me happy just thinking back to these times. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Looking down the hill into my neighbour's backyard

Looking down the driveway at my house.

It was probably my first time away from home by myself

3 years old.

Favourite memory? My sister and I would always get in a lot of trouble when we would go out, not for misbehaving, but because we would laugh into hysterics and it would embarrass my mom a lot.
edit on 24-8-2012 by smilesmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

wow, kdog. i would like to doubt your mom spiked your koolaid but you never know.
kind of like my department store thing. i swore it was real.
maybe your turtle was real. somehow.
thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl
Wow. You guys have awesome memories. Maybe it is because I am old (LOL) but I think one of my youngest vivid memories (complete with sound, conversations, etc.) is about two years old - when my parents got married.

Now, for "bits and pieces" memories...

I also remember sticking a bobby pin in to a socket when I was living with my grandmother. This was before my parents got married so it was prior to two years old but not sure exactly what age...

My favorite memory from my childhood is also a "bits and pieces" memory. It is of this music box my grandmother had that was dark red and had little while twinkling lights in it. I remember staring in to it and thinking it looked like a runway or space. I don't know how I knew that because my memory of it was when I was about 5 yet, I never visited an airport until about 8 and never flew myself until 13. And of course, I have never been in space (that I remember; LOL). What I do clearly remember is that I LOVED that music box and it would fascinate me for a long time.

Interestingly, My grandmother said that if I was "fussy" when I was a baby, she would put me in front of the music box and I would just stare at it forever even then.

Nice thread / question... made me happy just thinking back to these times. Thanks!

the bobbie pin had to hurt ? no wonder you remember 110 volts going through you.

and the music box, very sweet. I assume it was lost through time. It's a shame you don't still have it. I think back on so many toys, etc. that i wish i still had just for the sentimental aspect. but memories are sweet. sometimes it's nice to think back.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

cool. to me, 3 years old is very early to remember anything.
me and my sister still are best friends and still get into trouble together. BFF so to speak.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Speaking of getting into trouble in public, when I was very young I remember at Wal Mart running into the clothing racks and hiding in the center waiting for people to approach them. I also remember reaching up and changing the prices on the signs they had above items because I realized there were more number cards there so I would change the price. XD One time my little brother and I were in Bon Ton and I was chasing him and ran into clothing racks that all knocked each other down until the row was on the floor like a set of dominoes. XD

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
laying on the ground, at about Around 2 and a half or three, chatting with the Box turtle while we both ate strawberries in the strawberry patch.

Chanting a poem to the doodlebugs (ant lions) n the backyards. at about the same age. I can't remember the poem, but my dad taught it

also sitting under the front porch eating dog biscuits...LOL about the same age.

Finding easter eggs in the crook of the big oak tree, again about the same age.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Sitting on the counter at the desk at my dads work waiting for him to get off so we could go home. My mom was holding me while I sat there. I remember people walking around the store. It had to be between 9 months old and a year because I remember the jacket I had on. I described it to my mom years ago and she said yes, we bought it for you for the spring. My dad left that job the same month I turned one so it had to be around then.

I also remember my room changing from wall board to sheet rock. It went from panel to a beige colour painted. That happened when I was about 15 months as it happened the fall after my first birthday.

Strange thinking about it really.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Playing Zelda 2 with my mom when I was like 3-4.

I specifically remember this music like it was yesterday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join