It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to ‘legitimate rape’ doctor: ‘We agree on almost everything’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Romny to 'legitimate rape' doctor: 'We agree on almost everything'

Presumptive Republican nominee for president, former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) is more closely connected than his campaign would like to admit to the controversial doctor who authored the now-notorious theory that women cannot get pregnant from “legitimate rape.” According to Think Progress, Dr. John Willke has served as an adviser and confidant of the presidential hopeful for years, because, as Romney allegedly told Willke, they “agree on almost everything.”

Of course Romney and his campaign came out right away against Akin...even though the official GOP platform doesn't seem to conflict with Akin's comments and Paul Ryan worked very closely with him on bills that dealt with rape (and Paul Ryan seems to distinguish between rape and "forcible rape").

For its part, the Romney campaign flew into furious denial mode mere hours after Akin’s statements went public. Spokesperson Andrea Saul told Huffington Post, “Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape.”

But of course, that isn't the whole story...and with almost everything else, it seems like Romney is hiding something.

However, Dr. Willke, upon whose theories Akin’s remarks were based, served as a campaign advisor and “important surrogate” to Romney in 2008, according to the New York Daily News.

Also, the two men met in 2011 ahead of Romney’s entry into the 2012 Republican primary. Dr. Willke told the U.K. newspaper The Daily Telegraph that he and Romney have had several private meetings, after one of which, Romney thanked Willke for his support and said, “We agree on almost everything.”

Everyone is talking about Akin's comment...no one is talking about Romney agreeing with the doctor that gave Akin that information.

Why not?

Personally, the abortion issue isn't on the top of my issues list...and if it was...I'd more closely agree with Republicans anyway because I am personally pro-life. However...this is more about "legitimate rape" rather than abortion...and I cringe when I hear people talk about how some rapes are different than others. So it bothers me a little bit that Romney agrees with things this doctor says...and I wonder why Romney hasn't called out the doctor as well as Akin, since the he knows the doctor.

For a 'doctor' to believe there is such a thing as 'illigitimate rape' and you have to distinguish that from 'legitimate rape' is frightening...and it's also alarming that Romney has used this doctor as an advisor in the past. And yet, everyone seems to still be focusing on Akin, and not Romney's connection to this controversy.

Is it that there is so much dirt coming out on Romney that there just isn't enough time to cover it all???

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm thinking that Mitt would change his tune if he got raped. The only question would be if it was legitimate or illegitimate.

I'll bet he would have no more opinions on the matter afterwards.

Peace

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let's just sum up this gem shall we

as Romney allegedly told Willke, they “agree on almost everything.”

The key word for the day boys and girls is ALLEGEDLY.

Thanks for playing "They agree on almost everything" related to the Boston Red Sox. Allegedly!!

"According to Think Progress"
That's a Gem. Thanks Podesta and George Soros you guys are a riot. Glad you've found a friend on ATS...
edit on 23-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Romney is an real disgrace to America. It's just all sorts of pathetic that people can be brainwashed enough to like him. He outsourced jobs personally, destroyed companies to make millions, has a racist religion, and his top donors are the banking cartel. On top of it all he has 0 personality and is extremely boring. Listening to one of his speeches is like watching paint dry.

Anyone that wants to force women to have rape babies, must be sadist and love psychologically torturing people. Either that or a rapist themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Anyone that wants to force women to have rape babies,

Who wants to do that?? Romney??

Romney believes abortion should be legal in cases of rape or incest, or when the mother’s life is in danger.

Where have you been ?? Stop with the lies please..... Check it out for yourself. Honest.... Its a fact. FACT....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Anyone that wants to force women to have rape babies, must be sadist and love psychologically torturing people. Either that or a rapist themselves.

I totaly agree with that

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem the race for the White House is just a political version of Professional Wrestling?

Ok Romney, you're the bad guy with lots of slip-ups, questionable ties to strange people and out of touch with the normal guy.

Obama, this time around you're a war-mongering, big spending, non-promise-keeping incumbant with gray hair and most of the nation is disappointed in you.

And I guess Paul, you get to be the man of the people underdog that they'll all root for and think you'll give them hope and change this time around and they'll wait with baited breath til the convention, just knowing you'll somehow pull through.

It's a TV producers dream.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If any wants Mitt Romney to be pro-choice all they have to do is pay him more than the GOP.

It's pretty simple really.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So in other words...you are going to plug your ears and close your eyes.

Do you deny that this doctor was a Romney advisor in 2008 also???

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
give him a couple of days...Mittens "flip flop" Romney will be pro-choice by next week!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Isn't he semi-pro-choice right now???

It's so hard to keep up with this guys stance on any issue.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If these guys win they might as well just implement the part of sharia law where a the word of a woman is worth half that of a man etc, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
His fixation with this subject and his position leads me to believe he is in-fact a serial rapist.

Using his position of Authority and power to violate people I would be sure he would say something along the lines of "Who is going to believe I did this to you" to basically ridicule them as well.

Man is a Monster and should at the VERY least have a psychoanalysis.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It makes my skin crawl that such an influential politician like Romney would agree on this whole legitimate rape deal. Makes me glad he didn't get elected

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I can't believe how many people misconstrue what that doctor was saying. I suspect it is on purpose, though I have to admit it was a poor choice of words. By "legitimate rape" the doctor meant "actually rape" or "real rape," i.e.: Someone who commits the crime of rape against an unwilling victim, someone who is GUILTY of the crime of rape. He didn't mean that rape was "OK" at all, but people jump on this as if they have scored a point. They haven't. They have intentionally misconstrued what the doctor said.

What is "illegitimate rape"? In THAT context it is rape that never happened. It's someone who consented to sex that night, but the next morning changed her mind and decided it was rape after the fact. You can read about these cases all the time. It isn't rare.

And to use this to smear Romney is just juvenile.

So get a clue. Really. I'm ashamed of you.
edit on 8/13/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

join