It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is NBC doing a Story on Mormonism Tonight?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I do not care if I can be labeled a Republican. But I would still like for you to point out examples in which I would qualify as a Liberal.

Edit to add:

Your lack of knowledge on this issue and how you defend Obamacare so much is a perfect example of why I call you a liberal.

A refusal to side with the Right on this issue has nothing to do with a lack of knowledge.

Also, please give an example of when I have ever defended Obamcare.
edit on 25-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Now Playing at a theater near you - WOW!

A documentary movie written by this guy. No slant there

Dinesh D‘Souza Describes Obama Christianity as Marxist ’Third World Liberation Theology’

edit on 25-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You know, I wasn't even going to bring this up, since I'm trying to be more calm in dealing with some of the more "friendlier" members, but how can you say this?

Now, the government is telling me that I have to pay for all these sluts who want the gov't to pay for their BC!

I will let that statement stand on it's own. I think it sums up where you are coming from and why you believe what you believe. I may not have all the answers to all these problems, but at least I am not the kind of person to think that birth control is just for sluts.....

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Dinesh D‘Souza Describes Obama Christianity as Marxist ’Third World Liberation Theology’

edit on 25-8-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

Did you read the reviews?

They are very revealing. Movie is doing very well at the Box Office.

NBC should have vetted Obama before giving him a pass during the 2008 debates.

I'm glad NBC will not be moderating any of the debates this year.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

only sluts want the gov't to pay for birth control. It's not that hard to buy a pill. I stand by my comments!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

you are defending Obamacare by saying that we should supply BC to all women for free. As a man, I find that sexist, as a taxpayer, I see that as, "sluts wanting me to pay for their sexual activities because they cannot afford it because they have sex so much." Therefore they are sluts!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm no romney fan, but I think this show is out of bounds so to speak

I won't watch it, I bet it's a lot of sensationalism, mentions the broadway show about mormons, and spinelessly couches it's sensationalism with weasel words like "might be" "could be" etc etc

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have never said that the government should supply BC for free to women. I dare you to find any quote in which I said that.

"sluts wanting me to pay for their sexual activities because they cannot afford it because they have sex so much."

So they have so much sex that they have no money? Do you realize that you have finally exposed yourself as what people think the stereotypical Republican is?

Not trying to stir the pot, but you sound like an ignorant, uneducated fool.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I have never said that the government should supply BC for free to women. I dare you to find any quote in which I said that.

"sluts wanting me to pay for their sexual activities because they cannot afford it because they have sex so much."

So they have so much sex that they have no money? Do you realize that you have finally exposed yourself as what people think the stereotypical Republican is?

Not trying to stir the pot, but you sound like an ignorant, uneducated fool.

It's hard for you to win an argument if you continue to participate in name calling.

Try to find another way to express yourself.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You have the audacity to say that to me when this guy just called these women sluts?

Are you serious?

Do you agree with his sentiment?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

This is not about YOU this is about the law and the mandate!!!!! Shows how little you know about Obamacare....again!!!!!!

Why would they want the government to help pay for their BC? Birth Control is not health care. The simplest way to avoid the "costly" prices of BC, is to not have sex!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is not about YOU this is about the law and the mandate!!!!! Shows how little you know about Obamacare....again!!!!!!

It's not about me? Then why did you say this?

you are defending Obamacare by saying that we should supply BC to all women for free.

I never said that and you couldn't find a quote in which I did....could you? So now you must deflect and change the subject. The original topic was why you thought I was a "liberal"......not Obamacare itself.

Sounds to me like you cannot actually find a reason to call me a liberal, and that word is just something you pull out when your argument is weak.

Shows what little you know in the ways of debate.

The simplest way to avoid the "costly" prices of BC, is to not have sex!!!!!!

The simplest way to avoid the costly price of unexpected children is birth control. There have been many groups trying to push abstinence over BC for many years. People are still having sex and no abstinence program has ever proven to work on it's own without teaching about BC in the same program.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

only sluts want the gov't to pay for birth control. It's not that hard to buy a pill. I stand by my comments!

Nevermind I will abide by TC's, and I think that applies to your comment, hopefully.....but still

That's a lot of mothers, sisters and daughters you are including under that umbrella.
edit on 25-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's well known that Obama is currently a practicing Protestant. He was raised among many different religions and was taught to look at them all by his mother. When he met his wife, she was a practicing Protestant and so he's settled their for now. He wasn't really religious before they met though.

As Protestants are pretty well known and Mormonism isn't this seems like a pretty likely reason why they're looking at Mormonism.

Unless you're just being facetious and trying to point the spotlight at the Muslim red herring again.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Did you read the reviews?

They are very revealing. Movie is doing very well at the Box Office.

Yes I read the reviews.

They all support D'Souza. They think he's great.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
“The basic point of the film was that DD was going to construct Obama's worldview from the viewpoints of people Obama knew. The most important worldview according to DD was Obama's dad, from whom Obama's anti colonialism stems. Obama was also effected by various other mentors and professors. Imagine that, a college professor influencing his students. Anyway Obama isn't a Muslim according to DD. Not going to rehash every point since a lot of the conspiracy theories about Obama and his "League of Conspiratory Gentlemen" is well known.
What he is, according to DD, is (in so many words) an anti-American anti-colonial who wants to redistribute the wealth of America to the third world. He also wants to bankrupt America for revenge...for something. He also wants to weaken the American military. DD ignores that American defense spending continued to grow under Obama and instead focused on the reduction in nuclear arms under the New START treaty of 2010 from 5,000 to 1,500 nuclear weapons.”
FROM
www.dailykos.com...
So Obama thinks we should not dominate and exploit third world countries! As for D.D.’s claim that Obama increased foreign aid in order to facilitate the third world taking over the world, here is en.wikipedia.org... ( a VERY conservative magazine ) spectator.org... in which it is argued Obama should not have increased aid to our puppets in Egypt. * The article is especially concerned that aid to Israel has not been increased.
Basically, the film confirmed my luke warm ( I do not like Obama, but Romney is a pure elitist that wants to auction off America to international speculators) support for Obama. I am against colonialism and I am against the level of increased gifts to the en.wikipedia.org... Obama increased $ to the military but not at the levels the movie desires. The rest of the film is just melodramatic propaganda that I am sure will influence the sheeple.

* Note that conservatives are all over the map. Most condemned Obama for not supporting our “friends” against the pro-democracy movement. All and every action by Obama is condemned.Therefore their position is self-contradictory and therefore absurd.

edit on 26-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.cracked.com...
Note that the movie uses technique 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1!
And people wonder why I use the term “sheeple!”

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join