It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unnamed Seal Team 6 member writes book about Ben Laden Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I think this contains absolutely no information and raises more questions than it answers -

Seal Team 6 member who doesnt know the law

SEAL writes firsthand account of bin Laden raid
Comments
By Michael Winter, USA TODAY
Updated 46m ago
A Pakistani soldier stood guard near the compound in Abbottabad where Navy SEALs killed Osama bin Laden on May 2, 2011.
CAPTIONBy Anjum Naveed, AP
A Navy SEAL involved in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden has written a detailed account of the May 2011 mission, which is still classified, the book's publisher says.

The book, No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama bin Laden, will be released Sept. 11, according to a statement released today by Dutton, a Penguin imprint. The author -- who uses the pseudonym Mark Owen -- "was one of the first men through the door on the third floor of the terrorist leader's hideout and was present at his death," the New York publisher said, according to The Washington Post.

'No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama bin Laden,' was written by a Navy SEAL under the pseudonym Mark Owen. It will be published Sept. 11 by Dutton, a Penguin imprint.
CAPTIONBy Dutton/PenguinThe news release quotes Owen as saying the book, subtitled "The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL," would "set the record straight about one of the most important missions in U.S. military history." Bin Laden was shot dead early May 2, 2011, during the U.S. raid on his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

During the promotional tour, the author, a former member of SEAL Team 6 who grew up in Alaska, will appear in disguise during television interviews, The New York Times says. He has since retired from the Navy. His co-author, Kevin Maurer, was embedded with special forces in Afghanistan six times.

The Times writes that Penguin officials "would not say to what extent the book was vetted by government agencies." But CIA and Pentagon spokesmen told the Post that it appears neither the author nor Penguin had cleared the book's contents. The White House said it was also unaware of the book.

In its account, the Times says the book has "the potential to affect the presidential campaign in the final weeks before the election."

The author has pledged to donate "the majority of the proceeds" to charities supporting families of slain SEALs, the Post writes.

edit on 22-8-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm not understanding something here...... How in the world can he write a book and have it published if it hasn't been fully vetted by Uncle Sam? If it's coming this quick after the actual raid..and while all involved are still alive and in power or position, in many cases, how can this get onto store shelves?

Some very good sounding books from CIA and others have been yanked at the publisher or even after a few books went out on the trucks..... I wonder if this one actually makes it? If it does...I'm highly doubtful about any claims it wasn't VERY carefully vetted for both Military and Political purposes. Hmm...
edit on 22-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Probably - they just want to test the wind on yet another story on what happend - you know - they messing up the truth till no one knows what the truth is - just like they did after 911. so many stories - so much evidence and you cant get it into court - - - too bad this guy wasn;t on the National Guard Helecopter that took out a few good men - after all he was first through the door and was present with Ladens killing but he missed the flight that blew up. lets say its Propoganda... that made its self known at the white house... yea right

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Because everyone knows it was a big lie in the first place

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Could it possibly be something very simple to understand? Like one of the SEALS who was there on that day, and in fact practiced this raid in secret for almost a year waiting for his President to give the order, and when all is said and done, this SEAL is completely upset with Obama taking all the credit without giving any to the SEALS and acting like he Obama is the one who stormed in there and killed Bin Laden.

Could it be that this SEAL wants to tell the true story, and not the manufactured one coming from the White House and the Pentagon?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Someone should track this guy down and send him an e-mail invite to ATS. Would be interesting to get his perspective on his book, mission, and feelings about the state of the military in general.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
if you want to embed and validate a story in the public's mind, you write an expose of what really happened which corroborates the previously-given official story. If it gets out, then it must be officially sanctioned somehow. Just one of the tricks the mind controllers use.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I would be willing to bet that this was written as disinformation to make non believers in the official story to change their minds. "Oh he wrote this without permission guys it must be true" lol. A clever ruse which is sure to change a few minds, but im not buying it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

How in the world can he write a book and have it published if it hasn't been fully vetted by Uncle Sam?

Since President Obama is taking all the credit for killing OBL, perhaps they allowed for additional good press in his favor for the re-election?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I doubt this ever gets published but if it does it is going to look like this...

Operation Dark Heart, which insane to read. if you can find a copy in a bookstore, pick it up and have a quick read through it.

So heavily redacted that it doesn't even make sense for it to be in print, which, imo, is exactly what this book will look like if it sees the light of day.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

In its account, the Times says the book has "the potential to affect the presidential campaign in the final weeks before the election."

...said the guy who was paid to write the book that would "seal" Obama's election.

This sh*t should come with toilet paper.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Because everyone knows it was a big lie in the first place

Okay, the above is an opinion held by many, I know. I also think it was a lie on what happened that night, if very different in nature from what most think.

That wasn't what I was wondering about here though. He's been identified in the media now and so there is no question who he is and his former position on Seal Team 6 as I understand things now.

That raises the questions higher, especially as I read stories about his fellow Seals NOT appreciating this being done. Violating secrecy laws at HIS level is the kind of thing he just loses the rest of his life for....period..and debate is something for lawyers on appeals.

So, how can this be when he's apparently breaking more regulations by a 'tell all' book that hasn't been vetted than any shadowy leaker? No offense to a decorated and accomplished Seal intended here.....but whats the difference? Leakers or this book? I'm not seeing much of one, as it's presented.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This full blown reeks.....aside from the aforementioned facts,its being published on SEPTEMBER 11!!!!!!!!

AND.....didnt the team responsible for killing OBL die in an oh-too-convenient helicopter crash???????

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Is ben laden...his long lost cousin..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

Govt is most likely behind the book because I know they NEVER got OBL since he died many years ago - in a hospital!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If this guy doesn't expose the lies behind the "killing" of Bin Laden then he has dishonored his 20 comrades who wer murdered in the helicopter attack, his nation, and himself.

Either that or he was never part of the team to begin with, which seems more likely. Once some "navy seal" publishes a book that wasn't overlooked (supposedly) by the CIA then it will look more believable to critics when in actuality he was working with them the whole time.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the publication date of 9/11? The powers that be are having a laugh at the sheeps.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This unnamed Seal Team 6 member has been outed by Fox News. His name is Matt Bissonnette of Wrangell, Alaska.

The book, "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden," is set to hit shelves on Sept 11. It is penned under the pseudonym "Mark Owen," according to the publisher, but multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska. Bissonnette could be exposing himself to legal trouble, as the Pentagon has not vetted the account.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Anyone else notice the publication date of 9/11? The powers that be are having a laugh at the sheeps.

Me...........^^^^

2nd

new topics

top topics

join