It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Athiest Road Signs Attack Romney/Obama Faiths

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by ProtectedWitness

Obama is Muslim and Romney is Mormon.

WTH does that have to do with Christianity?

/fail

Well, nobody in their right mind likes Christians, they are the most asinine of all, so they should probably be called out none the less.

Am I "not in my right mind" ?

Correct, you are not in the right mind. My cohorts that graduated with me from Stanford's Department of Psychology agree with the point I made. But lets stay on topic.

The Mormon billboard attacks Romney because he is Mormon. The Christian billboard attacks Obama because everyone in his cabinet are Christians. It also attacks the Christians that choose to support Romney. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Free speech but being really really rude. And honestly I have no more issue with them than I had with the messages from God billboards that were all the rage for awhile there. If you have a cause and have a message and possess the funds then you may as well advertise.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is great. I dont see it as being rude at all. Putting huge christian signs up is as much a slap in the face as this.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

However, you must agree that extreme atheists are doing a better job at getting the word out than the subdued atheists.

Your right of course on the surface, but dig a little deeper. What are they trying to do? Are they really trying "get the word out?" As they claim or are they trying to shut down all religion? That's what they truly want. That's their ideal world. No religion. No war. No fighting about a non-existent deity in the sky.

They as much as the extremists in any religion, are not helping the problem. The subdued atheists, Christians, Muslims, or Jews are more honorable in my book because they don't go to crazy heights like this make a ridiculous claim that targets wrong religions of the people in question!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

/fail

Well, nobody in their right mind likes Christians, they are the most asinine of all, so they should probably be called out none the less.

I reserve that title for atheists who demand everyone be "open minded" which is a euphamism for think exactly like they do or STFU. That's ok though, my asinine God taught me to love everyone, regardless of if I agree with them.

As to the OP, it's free speach and is protected, although rude and in bad taste, I support his right to be rude if he desires.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

/fail

Am I "not in my right mind" ?

Correct, you are not in the right mind. My cohorts that graduated with me from Stanford's Department of Psychology agree with the point I made. But lets stay on topic.

The Mormon billboard attacks Romney because he is Mormon. The Christian billboard attacks Obama because everyone in his cabinet are Christians. It also attacks the Christians that choose to support Romney. Case closed.

If you want to drop school names to sound superior you failed. My cohorts and friends that graduated from Harvard, Yale, BU, and BC disagree with you. Sorry, you aren't superior, and name dropping / school dropping doesn't make it so. The fact you have hatred, which is evident from your posts, proves the point. I have no problem with the signs, he can do what he wants it's his money.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
How exactly are the road signs rude? Everything stated on them is true.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

One problem, Obama is not a Christian.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Let me guess, is he still a Muslim? Lol

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
How exactly are the road signs rude? Everything stated on them is true.

So now you are going to prove to me that Jesus is a useless savior. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Jesus is a useless savior. What exactly has he saved people from? Can you quantify it? Can you prove it? No. Therefore all things considered he is useless.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Jesus is a useless savior. What exactly has he saved people from? Can you quantify it? Can you prove it? No. Therefore all things considered he is useless.

The burden of proof is on you, you must prove he has not saved anyone. You can't. If you accuse him of being useless you need to prove it. Otherwise, I can label you a pedophile, and I don't need to prove it, and you can say you aren't, but will never be able to PROVE you aren't. That is why the onus is on the one making the accusation.

You are welcome to your beliefs, but do not state that belief as fact without proof. Just like I will say it is my belief He has.

ETA: How many people have turned their life around because of their belief in Jesus. How many times was someone on the edge of suicide and turned back because of their belief in God. That can be proven, and refutes your useless remark.
edit on 23-8-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I cannot believe you just wrote that post and dont realize why the burden of proof is not on me. If you labeled me a pedophile you would have to then prove I am a pedo. You are labeling Jesus a savior therefore the burden of proof is on you to prove it. I asked two very simple questions. What has jesus saved people from and is it quantifiable. We both know the answer to the second question is no. Therefore you have no basis from which to call him a savior. It is not my belief that he is not a savior its a fact. Your belief is that he is a savior.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They definitely aren't as rude as someone telling me I'm going to suffer for all of eternity.

I guess politicians are trying to move away from straight up Christianity though, ol' Bush kind of gave that a bad name. In fact, you could probably credit him for driving a lot of people away from it. People get kind of freaked out when a leader starts harping on and on about god anymore, never know what "god" might tell him to do next.

"Useless Savior"

Can't believe they went there, that's funny... they just trolled life. I can see why that would rifle a few feathers though, maybe they should do Muhammad next, lol.
edit on 23-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

As to your edit belief is not proof of anything. There are people who believe their life would be nothing without fairies. Im sure you have seen posts on ATS about people who believe these benevolent aliens save people and give them messages. Its all 'woo' lol. Its all baseless. Just because a belief makes you feel nice that does not make it true.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Considering all the 'in your face' religion pandering that atheists have to put up with all their lives, and the quite obvious anti-Muslim hate speech GWB engaged in after 9-11, these billboards were tame.

What I've never been able to understand is how a news report can detail about how a church group bus went over a cliff in a horrible accident, many were killed, but a few were not, and somehow, that's a 'miracle'.

My issue with almost all religions (Buddhism seems spiritual but at the same time sane) is the denial of rational thought it produces. Belief is not proof, nor is it reality. It's a warm feeling in your neurons, not much more miraculous than cocoa and teddy bears...

And do we really want a man for President who thinks his underwear is somehow 'special'?

How about a rationalist for President? Someone who doesn't lie to himself or us, nor hears voices, nor claims that 'God told me to invade and bomb certain countries..."?

Y'know, someone who actually has a slight grasp of the truth and isn't a borderline dementia patient?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

As to your edit belief is not proof of anything. There are people who believe their life would be nothing without fairies. Im sure you have seen posts on ATS about people who believe these benevolent aliens save people and give them messages. Its all 'woo' lol. Its all baseless. Just because a belief makes you feel nice that does not make it true.

The belief is not tangible. The fact that a person is alive today because they did not commit suicide as a result of that belief IS tangible. Whether real or not, fact of fiction, Jesus has had a positive impact on peoples lives. Therefore He is not useless. I am sorry your hatred won't let you see an obvious fact.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The belief is not tangible. The fact that a person is alive today because they did not commit suicide as a result of that belief IS tangible. Whether real or not, fact of fiction, Jesus has had a positive impact on peoples lives. Therefore He is not useless. I am sorry your hatred won't let you see an obvious fact.

Ok, people have been brought back from the brink by many religious beliefs. The fact that the belief helped them gives no credibility to the claim that whatever the belief may be is true or real. The claim that Jesus is a savior is steeped in the belief that he sacrificed himself and saved the world from sin. There is no evidence that he is a savior in that he saved anyone from sin or personally saved anyone from anything for that matter. Therefore he is a useless savior. I have no hatred for anything, I just refuse to be delusional. lol
edit on 24-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Ok, people have been brought back from the brink by many religious beliefs. The fact that the belief helped them gives no credibility to the claim that whatever the belief may be is true or real. The claim that Jesus is a savior is steeped in the belief that he sacrificed himself and saved the world from sin. There is no evidence that he is a savior in that he saved anyone from sin or personally saved anyone from anything for that matter. Therefore he is a useless savior. I have no hatred for anything, I just refuse to be delusional. lol
edit on 24-8-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

I am sorry, you just showed Jesus is not useless and proved yourself wrong. It does not matter whether it is a "placebo" like effect, it does not matter whether it is true or not, all that matters is the results. You can not prove He did not save the world from sin any more than I can prove He did. You have a belief. I readily admit mine is only belief. Regardless, that belief is useful. Without Jesus there is no belief, therefore he is not useless, as you yourself admitted, but don't want to accept.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

You ignored the bit about how Jesus being a savior hinges upon "sin" being real and him saving people from it. There is nothing to support that therefore he is a useless savior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join