It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do about Biden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
What do you think Obama will do with Biden?

There are a couple of options here.

1. He lets Biden destroy his own political career. By campaigning for him in places that don't really matter.

2. He sacks Biden and brings on Hilary Clinton. Thus ensuring the win for the election.

3. Keeps Biden on. Biden Keeps messing up, Obama keeps messing up and loses the election.

I hope its 3 but I think its going to be 1.

Does he have any other options at this point??
edit on 21-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Biden still has a political career.....
That's news to me....

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Obama will stay away from Option 2. It will guarantee him re-election, but he may not finish his 2nd term.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Joe Biden? He has foot-in-mouth disease, but he is good humored for the most part.

I don't see him as a threat to the Obama campaign.

In short...NO ONE votes on the VP, despite all the media hype.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

haha do you think Hilary will kill him? Or plot his assassination? She was pissed after the primary. Didn't expect to lose to this idiot!

I don't pick number two because she wants to run in 2016, and she will kill Romney if he wins this election. She's probably laying low and waiting this time. Seeing what happens after the election. If Obama wins she can easily beat him in 2016! She may easily beat whoever the republicans choose as well. I think its going to be Christie...That will be a fun match up.
edit on 21-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Biden hasn't screwed anything up.

Are the Republicans attacking Biden? Has Biden cast any controversial tie-breaking votes? Obama is being held accountable for his own presidency; Biden is neither here nor there.

The only benefit to Hillary would be a bunch of extra fund-raising, but changing the VP now would signal panic and weakness, and it would be used against them. The Clinton's will do plenty of fundraising for Obama either way, and Obama is not short on campaign funds.

Discussing Biden is a distraction from the real election topics, just like Paul Ryan is a distraction from Romney's weaknesses. A VP is irrelavent. Ryan was a bigger asset in the Senate than he is as a VP. Biden is just as irrelavent.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Biden has as much effect on Obama as Ryan has an effect on Romney.

None.

Biden will not be replaced and most likely Obama will win quite easily.

This entire 'Biden" issue was drummed up by NeoCons in an attempt to take away attention from Romney, and apparently it worked within the GOP.

It's all bullshnit and distractions. There are better things to discuss then Joe Biden.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't worry the Republicans will be easy on Biden and not as rigorous as the Democrats were to Ryan. We don't believe in affirmative action for Presidential Elections, but we will let "Know-It-All-JOE" seek political asylum if he chooses. Otherwise, I see it as political suicide to send Joe Biden into Tampa.
edit on 21-8-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hillary told Valerie Jarrett, "No!" He'll keep Biden on, and Biden's impact will be inconsequential to the election. Biden is not stupid, but he is gaffe prone--just like Dan Quayle was to Bush Sr. Of course, there is a school of thought that suggests Biden is not gaffe prone at all, and that his remarks are carefully scripted and that he is being used as a "Useful Idiot."

I don't think it matters much. They have a lot more problems when Obama goes off the teleprompter. Turns out his presence at the White House presser was also carefully scripted. They sent feelers out asking for a question on the 'legitimate rape' issue, which was the one question Obama was allowed to answer, whuch he did from his notes, including his feigned outrage. That won't work either.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Does he have any other options at this point??

4. Keeps Biden on. Biden Keeps harmlessly messing up. Country laughs. Obama wins the election.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

If Biden's voting record in the Senate showed him going FAR LEFT of Obama's stated policies and positions on issues, Biden could very well make a difference in the election. But Obama vetted Biden.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And why not?

Is this a covert threat toward Obama?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

If Biden's voting record in the Senate showed him going FAR LEFT of Obama's stated policies and positions on issues, Biden could very well make a difference in the election. But Obama vetted Biden.

Yes he did. That's why I don't think Biden will be an issue. He will play his role and most likely Obama will win.

Ryan has the potential to be an albatross, but I don't think that will happen either.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I know some people who will not be voting for a Romney/Ryan ticket because of his views on social services. Granted, these folks may also have been misinformed.

Regardless, there are two voting blocs that you never want to piss off in America:

1. The Elderly
2. Veterans

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Hillary told Valerie Jarrett, "No!" He'll keep Biden on, and Biden's impact will be inconsequential to the election. Biden is not stupid, but he is gaffe prone--just like Dan Quayle was to Bush Sr. Of course, there is a school of thought that suggests Biden is not gaffe prone at all, and that his remarks are carefully scripted and that he is being used as a "Useful Idiot."

I don't think it matters much. They have a lot more problems when Obama goes off the teleprompter. Turns out his presence at the White House presser was also carefully scripted. They sent feelers out asking for a question on the 'legitimate rape' issue, which was the one question Obama was allowed to answer, whuch he did from his notes, including his feigned outrage. That won't work either.

The bigger gaffes are coming from Obama.

There are small business owners openly rebelling against Obama and his

" You didn't build that ! " rant.

-- Obama is doomed. --

Even Hillary can see that.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nothing.

Biden has a right to free speech just as much as you do. He didn't give that right up. What is your obsession with him ? He says a lot of stuff I myself would say.

new topics

top topics

join