It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completely different: A cop doing his job.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Ats has a lot of hate for cops. And is usually justified. Moments ago, I posted in a thread about LAPD officers beating a teenager. And unfortunately that seems to have become the standard. However I found a video of a genuinely good cop, who not only knows the laws, but is also respectful and professional.

Just figured it would be a nice change of pace.

www.liveleak.com...

In the video a cop approaches 2 men, one armed with an MP5,and using nothing but his words, and knowledge of procedure, he does a quick check to make sure it's not fully automatic, and hands it back. Throughout the process the two men act quite rudely to him citing laws, they clearly picked up online not actually knowing what they mean, and he is able to keep them calm and do his job without hurting or insulting anyone.

If all cops were like him, I would feel better and probably not have as much anger towards them. He is the standard to which cops should be held to.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I usually post bashing cops also.

This professional was in my book an a number one police man. I have met a few good cops in my day. They ARE out there.

Thanks for the opposing view.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Thank god the only police brutality in this video is brutal use of logic and reason.

To be honest I think the guy was trying to set him up. I mean first of all walking around with an mp5 in a busy intersection. Really? Just in case a zombie apocalypse breaks out? From the start he acts self-righteous and down right scummy. Great video all around. Shows how bad activists can be and how good cops can be.

I think we need some of that on ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Policing is all about profit. Guys like this will be replaced by people who create profit.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Fancy running into you both threads

I have a little bit more faith in our system. I would like to think that this guy still does his job well enough to keep the brass off his butt. He seems to be professional but that shouldn't be mistaken for leniency. I'm sure if he saw a drunk driver or someone breaking the law he would put his professionalism to work and make the right call.

Maybe it's misplaced but seeing cops like that let's me know it's not all bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals

Fancy running into you both threads

I have a little bit more faith in our system. I would like to think that this guy still does his job well enough to keep the brass off his butt. He seems to be professional but that shouldn't be mistaken for leniency. I'm sure if he saw a drunk driver or someone breaking the law he would put his professionalism to work and make the right call.

Maybe it's misplaced but seeing cops like that let's me know it's not all bad.

I used to have a lot of respect for the cops, still do for those that understand what their job is about, but its hard to deny that the number of bully cops is rapidly increasing. In the UK most are still decent types but its changing here too.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Oh absolutely, especially since bad cops get more publicity. No one cares about a good cop doing his job because he is supposed to, but if he steps out of lines reporters will be all over that.

It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, we expect cops to be bad so they act like that because they think they have to.

Humans are stupid creatures and give one stupid creature power over another stupid creature will always lead to negative results.

The only way to get rid of bully cops in my opinion is to make harsher restrictions on them breaking the rules and forcing them to get more studies unlike the 2 year mandatory college here. 2 years of college is not enough to trust someone with the power to arrest. A doctor studies for years to save lives, but cops are only given 2 years of study and the ability to end life? Something there isn't right.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

For me (being in the uk) there's a knee jerk reaction when I (almost daily) read about US cops shooting innocent people, I react that way because they are desperately trying to give british cops guns and its quite obvious the same will happen here when they get them.

To all good cops

To the rest of you

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Amen to that.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Thank god the only police brutality in this video is brutal use of logic and reason.

Star just for this quote~!

yea.. and agree~!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks man, I'm just happy most people seem to like it.

I earned a little bit of flame for this post, but that's okay. No matter what your stance on cops is, this is still a great video to watch if for nothing else, the humor.

I found it hilarious to see the guys trying to cite things and then just get completely brickwalled when they realized this cop actually knows what he's doing.

"AM I BEING DETAINED?"

"yes"

"oh..."

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Those guys were out there LOOKING FOR TROUBLE, they were looking to be loudmouths, and try to provoke the LEO into something, they failed tho. They were lucky they encountered that cop, anyone else probably would have laid em out.
Honestly, they would have had it coming to them...come on, who walks around with a damn MP5, it's an assault weapon, semi auto or not

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

"You are being recorded"

LEO: " You are being recorded too" LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That was awesome! That cop just singlehandedly put some faith back for humanity, or rather the government police force back into my mind. More vids like these please

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is good to see a video like this!

My dad is a cop, and lets just say he tends to abuse his authority from time to time. Could tell you quite a few 'interesting' stories. Most recent one being.. He lives on the other side of the planet and decided to get the police here in the UK to raid our house.. Get this, because my sister didn't email him back after 2 days... Crazy.

Nice post, Cheers. VS

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My favorite part was when the told them about the automatic training and told them he would love for them to be there. This guy was all about starting trouble, he just wanted to catch some a*shole cop and video getting beat down and instead he got a guy who was SMART and invited him to a shooting range. How was he going to fight against that, a bit speechless after that little invite.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
First of all, to curb your comments-IT WAS NOT AN MP-5. It was an GSG .22. Just wanted to clear that up.
I find it slightly disturbing that a state with open carry laws on the books even bothers with stopping someone NOT BREAKING THE LAW. Worse yet is there are idiots out there (like these two in the video) who like to push the law and police officers and set out to get their encounter on video.
The cop was polite, honest and followed the letter of the law. The two boys in the video were just idiots looking for a confrontation. Were they within their rights? Heck yeah, but they were stupid about it. Was the cop doing his job? You bet.
Its morons like these who will eventually get open carry laws abolished due to their stupid acts of ignorance and begging for confrontations with the police.
I own an arsenal of weapons. 136 and climbing to be exact. About half of which are assault weapons and fully auto. Perfectly legal in my state with my Class 3 FFL. But the chances that you will see me walking down the street with one is about-50. Dumb...just plain dumb.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I give the cop a lot of credit. He showed great poise that some police officers can't. I honestly would not be able to do their job as I would want to beat every stupid mother #er like this to a pulp, lol. I understand the right to carry law however when you do it arrogantly to draw attention then to me that is abuse of the power and your rights should be restricted or suspended.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I know, obviously, that he is allowed to carry around openly that semi-automatic weapon by law in that state from watching the video. It would still # me up though as a British person having only ever fired handguns and rifles in a practice range scenario. I prob would have phoned the police as well.

The cop done good though.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

Nice post. Agree 100% with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join