It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completely different: A cop doing his job.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Those guys were out there LOOKING FOR TROUBLE, they were looking to be loudmouths, and try to provoke the LEO into something, they failed tho. They were lucky they encountered that cop, anyone else probably would have laid em out.
Honestly, they would have had it coming to them...come on, who walks around with a damn MP5, it's an assault weapon, semi auto or not

Though some could easily see this as wasting the police officers' time, what they were merely and admittedly doing was exercising their second amendment.
The problem, in my opinion, is that this doesn't happen enough.
These videos always start out with "We received calls there was a man walking around with a gun (aka a civilian was exercising his second amendment)"

Though it's excessive to carry what looks to be an auto shot, it's important to remind everyone that it is your personal right to do so.

You can almost tell with the cop in the OP's video: Ah, these kids from youtube are going to try to make me look bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Though some could easily see this as wasting the police officers' time, what they were merely and admittedly doing was exercising their second amendment.

Yes, for the sake of it. Admittedly. Seems rather pointless doesn't it? When you do something simply because you can, that makes you a poser IMO. If I carry a gun in public it's NOT going to be in plain view and there WILL be a reason for it. It would have to an extreme circumstance because I feel that using a gun to solve a problem is extreme. Look at that cop for example. He didn't need to draw his weapon because he was able to reason his way out of the situation. And the chances are good that if he wasn't carrying, he still would've been able to subdue the suspect because if you're that good at reasoning with your words, you're going to be just as good at reasoning with your actions. And if you can't wrap your head around that concept, then yes, I suppose you need a gun.

The problem, in my opinion, is that this doesn't happen enough.

True that. Everyone who owns a gun should wear it in plain view because we all know that's what makes society safer. If the people in the movie theater in Colorado for example were carrying, they would have been able to drop that guy in 5 bullets flat, right? Problem is, it's dark in a theater and 2 or 3 people dropping the bad guy would have turned into a wild west shootout because no one would know with certainty if the guy was alone or not. After all, everyone has a gun right? Now turn the lights on. The same analogy applies.My point is, if everyone were carrying guns in the open, everyone would be suspect. You might not like that truth, I know the NRA doesn't, but it's a truth nonetheless.

These videos always start out with "We received calls there was a man walking around with a gun (aka a civilian was exercising his second amendment)"

If I see a man walking around in public with a gun, especially an automatic or semi, the first thing that's going to cross my mind is NOT that he's exercising his 2 amendment rights. In the world we live in, how can someone realistically see a person walking in public with a gun in plain view as doing the right thing? Naive isn't the word I'm looking for here. It's a rather dangerous way of perceiving the situation IMO

Though it's excessive to carry what looks to be an auto shot, it's important to remind everyone that it is your personal right to do so.

Yes, it's important to remind everyone that doing things for the sake of it is important, because if they take THAT one right away, how many other rights are they going to take away? Again, just because you have the right to do something that the Constitution says you have a right to do, doesn't mean it makes sense. They don't put amendments in the constitution like that so people can do things simply for the sake of it. There are valid reasons you know. In this case however, the only valid reason I'm seeing is extensive lobbying by the likes of the NRA. Their principles and reasoning are antiquated. This world has moved on extensively since the NRA was implemented, and might I suggest that they and people like you do the same. Look at society for the way it is. Stop holding onto ideals that hold no sway anymore. You're not making yourself look old fashioned and principled. There is absolutely nothing wrong with old fashioned and principled values. Especially when it comes to family matters. We need to get back to more of that in this society. But in this case, you're making yourself look out of touch.

You can almost tell with the cop in the OP's video: Ah, these kids from youtube are going to try to make me look bad.

Almost tell? It's blatant. People talk about how officers should be held to a higher standard than civilians, but I don't think they realize exactly what they're saying. This video shows, in spades, what that higher standard really is. One of logic, common sense and, above all else, patience. A standard that, if you didn't have it before you joined the police academy, you never will. Whatever personality tests they give LEO's nowadays, they're obviously lacking in the way they're implemented because of the amount of cops on the streets who seem to have no moral compass. The way that officer carried himself isn't something you teach people, but it should be something that the trainers should be able to spot in training. It's either in your constitutional make-up, or it isn't, and that officer obviously has character that other officers should aspire to.

edit on 22-8-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
THAT is how you handle things when you are entrusted as a enforcer of law. Love them or hate them, without them it would be anarchy, and as "cool" as it may be seem, it's not.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I read a post where someone brought up the idea of small town vs large city cops. and I agree:

small town cops are friendlier, the area is friendlier, everyone knows each other, the people treat the cops respectfully and are friendly to them. in LARGE cities, (chicago, NY, LA, etc) theres a TON of cops and I'm sure that you couldn't name and know all of the personally, like I can where I live.
in large cities, they aren't treated as friendly and don't form those relationships. the cops don't see them as humans, the people treat them like scum and vice versa. therefore, more violence and corrupt cops.

kinda makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SepticSceptic

Hmm would that really be all it takes for full blown anarchy?

Even without cops, there is a social rules to upkeep, robbing, raping, murdering, would still be socially frowned upon and people wouldn't always go for that.

I don't think cops are stopping us from anarchy, they are more just here to help people from killing themselves or each other.

Saying humans need cops/government is like saying wild animals need a farm.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The first cases of this open carry incidents were the citizens were in the right was all well and good, now we have people intentionally going out their with cameras testing officers. Some people are turning this into a game of cat a mouse, and undermining the efforts of constitutionalists who wish to practice their right to carry a weapon.

The mouse may get caught because of idiots like this and ruin things.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I completely agree. The two individuals in the video are completely undermining their own cause. Well unless their cause is too look like 2 idiots. In which case they are succeeding.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

Moments ago, I posted in a thread about LAPD officers beating a teenager.

did you post your little video on that thread?
was it realspokes:Skateboarder Punched In The Head By LAPD Officer
perchance?

funny how you seem anti-cop yourself and then slowly pull out the
all cops arent bad argument.

soft cell

and you forgot to link to this thread as well www.abovetopsecret.com...

heres a quote from my post on that thread

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
lol
what?

you're all just noticing that LEO's
post pro cop disinfo/damage-control threads
[and try to derail threads, by "explaining" to us widdle stupid civvies that
"there are "good" reasons for officer troglodyte's actions"
or that we are "willfully misinterpreting " what we are seeing]
everytime one or more of them gets caught on video
or are named and shamed?

or if all else fails they'll even attempt to criminalize us
as disgusting cop-haters and criminal sympathizersenablers?

RLMFAO

LOL now they're using good cop/bad cop
too bad "good cop"'s language gave him away
claiming "noconspiracy to see here, ", and then,
accussing some of having an agenda against cops

edit on 21-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

One. I never said all cops aren't/are bad. I said that the majority of cops are quite bad which is why it was refreshing to see this cop, do something right for a change.

Two. In the thread you linked, you acted like an ass and hawk reminded you stop projecting. I will tell you the same. Stop projecting.

Tres. That's three in spanish.

Four. I will point out to you that the name of the thread is : And now for something completely different: A cop doing his job. The thread title was meant to imply that cops are usually not doing their job. Weren't you giving hawk grief for his reading comprehension? Maybe you should work on yours.

Five. I am anticop. I have yet to meet one I saw eye to eye with, and went to high school with a few guys who are now cops. I know the type of people that become cops. They were stupid bullies in high school, now they are stupid bullies with a badge.

Six. Yes I am a disinfo agent. I get paid 20$ an hour to sit in front of my computer and convince the general public that cops are good. NWO isnt real. Roswell doesn't exist. Big foot isn't real, and definitely not Elvis.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rottenrascals

Two. In the thread you linked, you acted like an ass and hawk reminded you stop projecting. I will tell you the same. Stop projecting.

Six. Yes I am a disinfo agent. I get paid 20$ an hour to sit in front of my computer and convince the general public that cops are good. NWO isnt real. Roswell doesn't exist. Big foot isn't real, and definitely not Elvis.

lol i point out, and gently at that, that you're being rude
but hey,carry on

as for hawks and your, claims, i say shizzle and dbl shizzle
he and now you have proven my point

by immediately jumping on the "those who criticize the police are just crazy and twisted cop haters" bandwagon

just for questioning your netiquette

thank you for playing.

gotta prepare for isaac who'll be passing over later tonight

but i just had an idea for a thread in the deconstructing disinformation forum

Good Cop, Bad Cop: Or, How the "Good" Cops spread Disinfo and Enable and Empower the Bad Cops.

see ya there

edit on 22-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

In retrospect yes, my comments were ruder than I intended. This is because I only started posting 4 days ago, and already getting chewed out for disinfo for posting 1 thread.

Lurking was better

good luck with your thread. I'll see you there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

been called one myself a couple of times, recently

again, just pointing out behavior, that could be misconstrued

see ya, gotta go
hurricane watch has been declared for tropical storm isaac

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's possible.

But I find it more probable the two dicks uploaded it to youtube saying "Cops harassing over our 2nd amendment rights", and was taken from there.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm calling the police if I ever see anyone walking around with anything resembling an AK-47. Spare me the tripe about 2nd amendment rights and nanny states. While I'm living, you'll thank me when you or your family is shot dead by some idiot.

Open carry for non-handguns should be illegal anyway. All it does is induce a state of public panic.

edit on 22-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Seems much more likely. Hurr durr its my right to walk around making a scene for attention. Fight the power and what not!

Im all about people excercising 2nd ammemdment rights, but this kind of protest or whatever you want to call it is freaking stupid. Scare a bunch of people, waste the cops time, make other gun owners look bad. Way more harm than good. Thanks jackasses.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have called the cops on two occasions over idiots with guns. One dude was flashing his pistol and weird little tactical belt around at a store, obviously trying to get attention. The other was a methed out looking dude with a pistol sticking out of his sock on the way into a business.

Im calling the cops in almost any situation I see someone running around with a long gun. I dont care if people open carry with a handgun unless theyre acting odd or trying to intimidate. There is no real good reason to be running around with a long gun though, especially not around here.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
cant help feeling we are only seeing this video because it is staged.

its pure propaganda.

there has to be a response to all the bad publicity cops are getting on the internet and this is the start of it. i would expect to see more and more of these videos.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

But most people would see the opposite in this video. If this was the case than the idiots that posted it screwed up their cause.
Yeah, you're right, they don't sound all that smart in the video.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I am SO glad I don't live somewhere where people walk around with semi auto guns like they are handbags.

A good cop? yes, but imo he's just protecting his job security by keeping one more gun carrier out there and one more potential te**orist.

America, born with a gun, die with a gun.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Yeah, you're right, they don't sound all that smart in the video.

Posing in front of a mirror and your mates and then standing out in the open in public with a semi-automatic gun in front of a policeman may be have been the reason for the "stoopid" effect to occur.

Reality bites.

edit on 22/8/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join