It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket attack hits US Army Chief General Dempsey aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

A ROCKET fired on a US airbase in Afghanistan has damaged the aircraft of America's top military officer and wounded two maintenance crew.

Two rockets fired by insurgents struck the vast Bagram airfield today, with one causing damage to the C-17 used by General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, who left the base using another plane, his spokesman Colonel Dave Lapan said.

Shrapnel from the rocket struck the door of the plane while it was parked on the runway, with two American maintenance crew suffering minor injuries in the attack, Lapan said.

www.news.com.au...

He is definitely going to have trouble sleeping on top of the "green on blue" attacks after this incident.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

if insurgents actually we trying to blow up the plane and kill people they would have, it seems to me that this is just a event orchestrated, not to kill, but create a plan of action against a enemy that doesn't exist, that enemy certainly will live in a spot that either has military or monetary value.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Damn, they have stepped up their game and are going for the gold, they musta known there was a high value target on that aircraft...inside info possibly..

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
sounds like an inside job....
but it also sounds as if he suspected something and left in an alternate aircrat.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I may be interpreting the story wrong, but it sounds like a rocket, which to me means an unguided munition, was fired on a base and hit a grounded c-17 that happens to be earmarked for a general, a general was in his bunk and was in no danger at all.

Methinks they were just lobbing rockets and hit something mildly interesting.

If it was an inside job their man would have told them to bombard the barracks, not his personal aircraft which was parked and undergoing maintenance

This is just a typical harassment attack, which they say in the article happen fairly regularly
edit on 21-8-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree, no conspiracy here. This place is a war zone. We are The Enemy in hostile territory sticking our nose into a situation we don't belong in.

Too bad they missed the General. Next time, they should obtain a small tactical nuke and fry my American traitorous to the US Constitution er.. "countrymen" and I use the term very loosely..

Yep, I'm a true Red White and Blue American. I believe in going to war when our personal freedoms are threatened or our way of life as detailed in the Constitution is threatened, or this country is directly threatened from within. But if we are not fighting for those things but for some elite's agenda for a fascist government then I'll happily cheer for the other guy. We are wrong. We should be stopped. We being our corrupt government and it's military.

Do I care that tons of our boys will get killed? Hell NO. Did they get drafted? No. they enlisted. They choose to serve this corrupt military willingly. The USA hasn't been in a justified war since WWII everyone knows it.These ignorant kids just out of high school enlist and have no idea what they are doing, because they don't know the real history of the USA and other world events. Then after they enlist they get brainwashed by US Military training to become stone killers who obey orders without thinking or conscience. For what? A fascist corporate corrupt agenda that has nothing do do with defending this country or it's way of life. I can't feel sorry for them anymore, nuke em all. One day after this country falls apart and is again taken over by We The People, we'll rebuild it right.
edit on 21-8-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I agree, no conspiracy here. This place is a war zone. We are The Enemy in hostile territory sticking our nose into a situation we don't belong in.

Too bad they missed the General. Next time, they should obtain a small tactical nuke and fry my American traitorous to the US Constitution er.. "countrymen" and I use the term very loosely..

Yep, I'm a true Red White and Blue American. I believe in going to war when our personal freedoms are threatened or our way of life as detailed in the Constitution is threatened, or this country is directly threatened from within. But if we are not fighting for those things but for some elite's agenda for a fascist government then I'll happily cheer for the other guy. We are wrong. We should be stopped. We being our corrupt government and it's military.

Do I care that tons of our boys will get killed? Hell NO. Did they get drafted? No. they enlisted. They choose to serve this corrupt military willingly. The USA hasn't been in a justified war since WWII everyone knows it.These ignorant kids just out of high school enlist and have no idea what they are doing, because they don't know the real history of the USA and other world events. Then after they enlist they get brainwashed by US Military training to become stone killers who obey orders without thinking or conscience. For what? A fascist corporate corrupt agenda that has nothing do do with defending this country or it's way of life. I can't feel sorry for them anymore, nuke em all. One day after this country falls apart and is again taken over by We The People, we'll rebuild it right.
edit on 21-8-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

You the people eh? I have feeling you the people will not be taking anything over other than internet message boards. The rest of us will be just fine without you.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another Sensationalist headline. He was not even on the plane. I bet an investigation will conclude Afgan insurgents backed by Iran fired the missle....

top topics

join