It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange red light in the sky over Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

No description with the video.

I just thought I would share this as it is a cool video.

It was fairly interesting as there is a storm going on and they see this crazy red ball of light in the sky. Also, you can hear the wind, so he must have been outside, doesn't mean there was not a pane of glass in front of him, but, I just don't think that could be the answer to this video...

It could be ball lightning, but at the end when it breaks up or falls apart it looks weird. I have never heard of ball lightning ending with a falling apart finale...

Anyways, I thought I would bring it here to see what others think. Maybe it could be a missile or a rocket, I have no idea and I was hoping maybe someone here would.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Its the chupacabras
edit on 20-8-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Looks strangely similar to the strange sky sounds videos that were taken in Kiev, Ukraine. Like this one:

I can't really tell what it is. Maybe some clever person added filters to the sun behind a high layer of clouds and/or added some CGI magic to the movie? Wondering why they were just randomly filming the background then look up at the sky no talking no shock no heavy breathing nothing.

I'm no expert on these matters, but it just doesn't seem authentic IMHO.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Could be something as simple as a signal flair. Could be something else.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It looks like a parachute flair, go to 18 seconds in the video...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe the person with the camera was indeed behind a pane of glass. I base this upon seeing "warps" in the imagery. You can see such warps clearly around the 30 second mark of the video when you look at the red buildings on the right directly behind the tree limb.

Being behind a pane of glass, anything behind the camera person would be reflected into the camera's field of view. My guess is someone was standing behind the camera person, aiming a high power red laser pointer at the ceiling. The camera was following the reflection of the laser point while the person behind them was moving it. The reason why it appears to "break up" the way it did is because it might have been shone upon a light fixture on the ceiling, perhaps angled metal or glass, which refracted the laser point. The laser pointer wielder either turned off the laser at that point, or the surface causing the refraction may have obscured the laser from view.

That is my guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ball Lightning.

Or

The default, weather balloon.

Or

Swamp gas.

Seriously though, it was ball lightning.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Yep,you nailed it. I was thinking some kind of firework though.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
interesting video. The audio does make it sound like it is outside because the wind is picked up on the mic.
Also is interesting when it splits into two.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Looks like no one gets the joke. "Red" lights.................
ver CommoRusskia???

Please.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
At 1min 28sec it passes a cable and appears to be in front of it. I say laser or l.e.d behind him and he is filming through a window

top topics

join