It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican win: Judge says priests aren't employees

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well, let me close my comments on this.....and again, we're on two different planets. We will never see each others side...in any way shape or form. Period.

It would never occur to me to even MENTION the Priesthood as a cause or relation to men who rape children. The only way line of work DOES apply is how criminal perverts seek OUT certain jobs.

Outside of that? The two are entirely unrelated to me. Society has baby rapers and the Catholic Church has baby rapers.. It happens..and society has to hunt it down and eliminate it as it's found.

I also see zero, absolutely zero connection between the propensity to rape children and marriage status. Incest is a very serious and enormous problem both in the United States and around the world. That is ..men raping their own children. We can say not all were married...but that really dances around the issue if ANY ...even a SLIGHT...suggest is being made that marriage or the lack thereof has anything in cause or effect relation to the rape of children.

As long as Married men are just as commonly found raping and molesting their OWN kids as unmarried men are to be raping someone ELSE'S kid tho.. Sorry... Marriage has 0 relation in my mind, on any level, in any way. ...let alone as an opening to attack the Church on it's Marriage policy.

Now then... I didn't put a single word in anyone's mouth. Sorry you saw my previous reply as doing so. I read what you said..and for once, decided not to write a book with every single line you wrote, quoted and properly cited as the basis for every line I wrote. We're adults. We shouldn't have to, just to avoid this silly Gotcha game.

To put this another way...and for the second and last time as *I* end this...

LETS AGREE TO DISAGREE AND DROP THE DAMN SUBJECT

....because we're both established members here and that means we'll both be here long into the future.

Fighting over perverted baby rapers isn't worth hard feelings..and it sure isn't worth a single additional post on the topic, IMHO.

Personally, I'd rather just shoot the bastards as they're found...but then, I'm conservative enough on Law and Order topics to make Reagan look positively wimpy.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

The Church could have avoided all of these problems centuries ago...by allowing priests to be married.

really? Can you explain to why many married men prey on children for sex?..and I mean married men who are having sex on a continual basis with their partners.

edit on 20-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

"Many" men? Would that be like a "whole bunch"? Perhaps you could be a little more vague?

LIsten, there are sicko's in every group. You probably shook hands with a couple today. But, inarguably, the molesting of children by clergy would be far improved were RCC priests allowed to marry.

Agreed. Also, every psychiatrist in the world will tell us that humans are sexual by nature. It's our very foundation. So, for a priest to swear to celibacy is to automatically admit there is something wrong with him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Personally, I'd rather just shoot the bastards as they're found...

No need to agree to disagree. How about we agree to agree on the above point.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Fair enough. (hands over a big mug of 90 proof carrot Juice) I think we can definitely agree to that with no qualifications at all!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join