It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I'm not running a negative campaign."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Yup. That says it all. If you think Obama is for the people, he doesn't even know what his own campaign is doing. Or if he does know what his campaign is doing he is doing everything in his power to not tie himself to it, even though there are reports that claim that Obama had something to do with the Joe Soptic ad which declared Romney a murderer for killing his wife.

Weather you are a democrat or not, you need to use some intellectual honesty here and denounce this horrible, negative, divisive, racial, and sexist campaign strategy that the President and his backers are running!

So what say you democrats? Do you honestly believe Obama when he says he isn't running a negative campaign? You just gota love liberals though. When he says he's not running a negative campaign he goes right after the tax returns again! Obama, that's not what we are talking about!!!!!!!!! We are talking about everything else you and your backers have done, said, or implied!

IT'S TIME TO STOP THE GARBAGE AND CHICAGO POLITICS!!!!!!

Hope and Change?

We won't be the Red States or the Blue States we will be the United States of America?

He promised us all these things and then some. Obama has failed us!

I'm Not Running A Negative Camapaign:
edit on 20-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's true. And neither is Romney. But the super pacs are sure tearing it up.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Obama has done such a poor job of running the country, that whenever it is pointed out, it is refered to as a negative, ony because in the past 4 years, he's not done anything positive.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's true. And neither is Romney. But the super pacs are sure tearing it up.

~Heff

I actually want Romney's to be a little bit more offensive, there's so much he can attack that he just isn't. I admire him for not wanting to play dirty, but sometimes you gota fight fire with fire especially after two months of doing nothing about it!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Obama has done such a poor job of running the country, that whenever it is pointed out, it is refered to as a negative, ony because in the past 4 years, he's not done anything positive.

NO! Whenever anything bad about Obama is mentioned they call you racist.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Obama: "I'm not running a negative campaign.",

He's just being honest.

He isn't running a negative campaign.

Other people are doing it for him.......................

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A bit ironic that you blame one candidate for being negative and a minute later suggest that the other needs to be far more negative? Everybody roots for their dog in a fight... I just like my fights on the level.

At any rate - both sides are already going to extremes so I'm sure we'll be hearing more from both camps.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

A bit ironic that you blame one candidate for being negative and a minute later suggest that the other needs to be far more negative? Everybody roots for their dog in a fight... I just like my fights on the level.

At any rate - both sides are already going to extremes so I'm sure we'll be hearing more from both camps.

~Heff

I don't see Romney's campaign being near as negative as Obama's despite whatever CBS has to say! He hasn't even come out asking for Obama's College records! Random republican talk show hosts do that and they have no affiliation with Romney. Some of them don't even like him!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter laid out the issue as the Obama team sees it: “Either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC, which is a felony."

www.politico.com...

He even has his followers (brainwashed victims?) lying for him....

It was not a PAC that threw out the felon accusation!!!

It was his Deputy Campaign Manager for god's sake!!!

STOP ALL THE LYING!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Obama: "I'm not running a negative campaign.",

He's just being honest.

He isn't running a negative campaign.

Other people are doing it for him.......................

Obama is hiding out on Entertainment Tonight and running away from MSNBC

Chris Matthews. Avoid hardball questions about the future and what an Obama

2nd term would look like.

This is why Obama is staying away from Chris Matthews.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Of course he's not running a negative campaign! It's G.W. doing it!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nearly all of Democratic campaigns are negative smear attempts at the opponent. Obama didn't run on his junior Senate record, because it barely existed. He can't run on his presidency so far because it's an abject failure. All that leaves him is to run commercials about Romney's income and stuff that a company he used to work for has done.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Nearly all of Democratic campaigns are negative smear attempts at the opponent. Obama didn't run on his junior Senate record, because it barely existed. He can't run on his presidency so far because it's an abject failure. All that leaves him is to run commercials about Romney's income and stuff that a company he used to work for has done.

The Obama Plan is to do absolutely everything except talk about what he intends to do

if elected for a 2nd term.

It looks like we won't have to worry about an Obama 2nd term.

Newsweek Magazine: Hit the road, Barack ! Why we need a new president

Who's next?

I guess they want to be on the right side of history.

Paul Krugman and Salon.com are going absolutely - NUTS - over the Newsweek cover !

edit on 20-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

"he's not done anything positive."
Wow Beez, I thought you knew how generalizations were unfair and destructive.
obamaachievements.org...
www.washingtonmonthly.com...
Now surely there is just as much wrong he has done, but to say "anything" seems dishonest and petty, imo.
No I am not a fan of Obama either, just hoping for honest perspectives.
edit on 20-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

IMHO: Most of those things aren't accomplishments, and the rest he did for political reasons. So I think Bezzers comment is pretty accurate.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

There is a difference between "most' and "anything at all" though, no? And surely many folks would find some worthy accomplishments. Man I just hate the broad strokes and generalizations, and I grow a little tired of the Monday political Hate-orade.
I know, I don't have to read the threads, but I still care how some posts affect my co-members here. There are enough specifics to discuss and one can discuss without generalizations, it is better for everyone. Set aside the hate and just discuss facts and issues.
Oh yea, generalizations like this:

NO! Whenever anything bad about Obama is mentioned they call you racist.

Could have been stated as "many, most or some" instead of 'they.'
At least you have not included the entire left in your rant today, and I applaud you for that.
ETA
Nevermind ^ ^ ^
edit on 20-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

There is a difference between "most' and "anything at all" though, no? And surely many folks would find some worthy accomplishments. Man I just hate the broad strokes and generalizations, and I grow a little tired of the Monday political Hate-orade.
I know, I don't have to read the threads, but I still care how some posts affect my co-members here. There are enough specifics to discuss and one can discuss without generalizations, it is better for everyone. Set aside the hate and just discuss facts and issues.

It's not generalization. I have had people call me racist for not liking Obama personally, even though he is the whole reason I am republican! Ok, I like the stuff he's done with the women justices I'll give you that, but again that also boosts his own political career. That was also early on in his administration when he was still all ideological and hopeful. Liberals always like to put things into context well, there ya go.

This wasn't meant to be a hate filled thread. This is pointing out obvious hypocrisy on the left. I'm not exactly sure what you have a problem with. Seems that you are pissed off because I pointed out Obama's obvious failed promises.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Both sides are negative and would SWEAR they are not negative. This is just the most recent talking point by Romney, as if he's running a positive campaign!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Both sides are negative and would SWEAR they are not negative. This is just the most recent talking point by Romney, as if he's running a positive campaign!

Really point me to any ads of Romney's, or his super pacs that make Obama look like a murderer or have Joe Biden pushing old ladies off cliffs?

Typical liberals. They are sad that we point out hypocrisy. Cry you are doing it too! Then, when we ask you to prove it. You either don't answer, or show us something so out of context that we just laugh at you!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Both sides are not accusing each other of murder.

The Joe Soptic ad has backfired.

Calling Paul Ryan an extremist has also backfired.

Paul Ryan looks like John Boy Walton when standing next to his mother in Florida.

- Preserve & Strengthen MediCare -

They say a picture says a 1,000 words.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join