It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I'm not running a negative campaign."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Seems that you are pissed off because I pointed out Obama's obvious failed promises.

Not at all brother, it is the generalizations that irk me, and I just strive for unification instead of division.
We can use words as "many, sometimes, often, most," instead of "all, every, entire, always," at least some of the time. I am not trying to tell you how to speak now, just offering additional angles to take in your critiques.
People get turned off with generalizations, and thus do not hear/see what you are trying to convey. So your hope that someone may learn something from your OP, or agree with you, may get clouded over with a negative response, and that disrupts the path to learning, imho.

ETA:

Typical liberals.

If you continue with this, then I will discontinue responding to you dude. I am trying here you know.
edit on 20-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw Obama's response to Romney picking Ryan. He was respectful of the man but said his policies were inadequate. That's "negative"? That's politics. IMO this has been the cleanest campaign I have seen in years(both sides), within the US or out.... for now.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

No. Pictures illicit a visceral and emotional response. Actions speak louder than words.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Not at all brother, it is the generalizations that irk me. So your hope that someone may learn something from your OP, or agree with you, may get clouded over with a negative response, and that disrupts the path to learning, imho.

You are using generalizations because you don't like the fact that I am insulting liberals. It's OK you can admit it! No one else seems to have a problem with it. And while you are going all grammar police on me, you really should be focusing on the issues instead of attacking the use of a word in a response to your post that wasn't even a part of my OP!

It is of my opinion that most of those things that you pointed out are not accomplishments, and by the looks of this thread many people agree with me!

edit on 20-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Grammar police? Did you not notice how I said 'we can' instead of 'you should?' I was trying to offer friendly advice, that's all, and the words we chose greatly affect how they are perceived.
Oh well, I guess we just can't get along, carry on.....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

No one cares. Let's get back onto topic?

Do you agree or disagree with the premise of the OP? Obama is running a negative campaign Yes or NO?
By inserting Romney into the picture you are making it negative, because you have some weird idea in your head that Romney is running a negative campaign when you can't point out anything negative Romney is doing and you only list "Obama Accomplishments" as your way around intellectual honesty!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
You are using generalizations because you don't like the fact that I am insulting liberals. No one else seems to have a problem with it.

I have a problem with it. And that's why I'm not responding to you. If you want to have a discussion with me, you can be civil. If you can't, then I won't respond. Pretty simple.

Romney's and the GOP superPac ads are as negative as Obama's and the Dem's are. Every election is ugly. This time, Obama is using the same tactics that the GOP has used in the last few elections and the GOP doesn't like it. Good day.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Grammar police? Did you not notice how I said 'we can' instead of 'you should?'

Yes I Did
Did you happen to notice how nobody was paying attention to your grammar corrections? It was my opinion and I stand by it!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are using generalizations because you don't like the fact that I am insulting liberals.

Maybe you should stop then. It's against the T&C:

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

And this is coming from a Romney supporter.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Romney's and the GOP superPac ads are as negative as Obama's and the Dem's are. Every election is ugly. This time, Obama is using the same tactics that the GOP has used in the last few elections and the GOP doesn't like it. Good day.

I'm not being grammatically or politically correct in statements that I make which are my opinion. You haven't pointed out anything negative Romney has done. He's had a couple of screw ups sure, but nothing aimed at obama is nearly as bad as what Obama is doing to Romney.

I can have a civil debate. Let's do it! Why the grammar police? Are you afraid you might lose? I keep asking the same question, and yet I keep getting other posts pointing out Obama's hypocrisy and nothing from the democrats....Crickets....Crickets....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

because you have some weird idea in your head that Romney is running a negative campaign

Huh

I was responding to Bezz's generalization, I did not even think about Romney. It is not nice to put words into people mouths. I agree to disagree with you and obviously we can't find any middle ground, so I'm out, and no my tail is not tucked.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You are using generalizations because you don't like the fact that I am insulting liberals.

Maybe you should stop then. It's against the T&C:

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

And this is coming from a Romney supporter.

Not really sure why this is a big problem. I only said that most of Obama's accomplishments aren't accomplishments imho. That's a pretty general statement sure, but if they want to and they should, challenge me on the issues. It's not really insulting, just saying Obama is a bad president imho

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It's not really insulting, just saying Obama is a bad president imho

Dude, you should go into politics. You'd fit right in. Again, this coming from a Romney supporter.
edit on 20-8-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Dude, you should go into politics. You'd fit right in. Again, this coming from a Romney supporter.

I'm a romney supporter too, and frankly not sure why the Obamacrats are in here, demanding I use political and grammatical correctness when they should realize that the entire OP would be against them anyway. Titles of threads are here for a reason.

I have been called much worse and have been generalized much harsher than what I am doing here...Placing you into a group and labeling you as, "Most liberals" isn't really that bad. Although, most liberals always seem to have a problem with it. If I see a thread talking about how most republicans are stupid gun totting bible thumping red necks I will back it up with facts that that is not true...And yet, no democrat has offered me any evidence that Romney is running a negative campaign, "that is the same or worse than Obama's.:

I think everyone just needs to settle down about the grammar crap and we can actually have a real debate, that is if the Democrats still have the balls to come back and talk about their President's failed record?

Oh I can say "failed record" can I? That's also a generalization is it? Please....

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
when you have Monmouth University saying Obama leads by only one point...Then you know things are bad...

www.monmouth.edu...

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

But when the public gets their minds around the implications of Romney destroying electronic records - those numbers will change - and probably another dozen times between now and the day that matters.

The sad truth is that I don't actually care who wins. This time around I really do feel like the choice looks like "lesser of two evils" than "who is best".

~Heff

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

"I feel very comfortable with the fact that when you look at the campaign we're running, we are focused on the issues and the differences that are important to working families all across America," the president said.

One problem there Barack,

Your view of the "issues and the differences" that are important to working families all across America may not be the same "issues and differences" that are actually important to working families all across America eh?

Unemployment.

General economic stagnation.

Obama has not really addressed these "issues and the differences" has he?

:shk:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

"he's not done anything positive."
Wow Beez, I thought you knew how generalizations were unfair and destructive.
obamaachievements.org...
www.washingtonmonthly.com...
Now surely there is just as much wrong he has done, but to say "anything" seems dishonest and petty, imo.
No I am not a fan of Obama either, just hoping for honest perspectives.

Obama's foreign policy has been self-serving and inconsistant.
Obama's domestic policies have been the same;
Money spect on Solyndra
Stopping drilling in the Gulf
Not allowing more refineries
Keynesian economics
Government control over student loans
Public sector unions
Over spending
Wating to raise taxes
Lack of transparency
ACA
Execuitive Orders to bypass Congress
Buy-out of GM
Serving unions over non-union members

And that's just off the top of my head. So yeah, Obama's policies have been uniformally negative for the country.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't see how Polarizing a Country, is Beneficial to a Country.

ANYONE that is in favor for 20000 Drones in Americas skies, ISN'T for the people. No one can say, outright, they want "big brother", but that's what we have, after 30 years or more of BAD Presidents.......

Hes just another brand of Bad President, and we don't need 4 more years of him.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Great point!

The patriot Act (brought to us by Bush) is like getting a prostrate exam.

Obama's addition with the drones is the same exam, only now it's being done by a prison cellmate.

Common responses by the left include things like, "What freedoms have you actually lost under Obama?"

Well, now Obama can kill Americans with impunity
Drones flying over American airspace
The freedoms to choose (government monopolising student loans)
ACA
Too big to fail (government determining who succeeds and who fails, we've lost the freedoms to be self-reliant)
Freedoms of speech (OWS laws, Westboro Baptist laws)
The freedoms to buy ammo online
The freedom to buy vitamins online
Banning pork products in schools (the freedom of bacon)
The 10th Amendment (ask Jan Brewer about that one!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join