It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took all day and burned up a hard drive but made My First Video. Please watch!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
glad it wasn't all dogs,

loved the cute squirrel shot.

I mean this in a nice way, but no one really needs to know the subjects names. To me that makes the video go from nice to "juniour high photography class". Let the photos speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

Thanks.. I agree, I thoug ht the text made it look cheesy. I think i will edit it out and re-upload. I wasnt going to put any photos of the dogs in it but I dont have many photos left so I had use put them in.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Agree with Kangaru, you have a lot of talent. You just need to find your specific area, and stop putting yourself down.
As for video editing software, it's pretty intuitive and user friendly. Just download some for free and start playing with it; you'll learn in no time.
I like it, S&F.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier
reply to post by grubblesnert

Thank you! I do have a big heart but im starting to think thats not a good thing. Anything bigger makes a easier target.

Thanks for that info I will get it checked out. It would be great if they could even get a quarter of my photos.
to paraphase a famous quote.........With a big heart comes great responibility.

If you are like me you have lived your whole life in a kind and outgoing manner. I've still managed a rampage or two, cracked a skull and bloodied a few noises (well deserved I may add) so it doesnt mean guys like you and me need to be suckers

Put the love out there to those who apprieciate it and deserve it and the wrath on those who've earned it.
Good luck with the data recovery

Peace to you and yours

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great work!

Awesome pics, awesome video!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Agree with Kangaru, you have a lot of talent. You just need to find your specific area, and stop putting yourself down.
As for video editing software, it's pretty intuitive and user friendly. Just download some for free and start playing with it; you'll learn in no time.
I like it, S&F.

I appreciate that, thank you. I just feel taking pictures is easy and anything that easy cant require much talent.

Anybody can take pictures,All I do is just picture in my head what I want a photo to look like then I just adjust the F-stop, ISO, white balance, exposure time, contrast/color, lens and filters. Alot of it is trial and error, for every decent photo I took a 100 that are crap

I get frustrated sometimes. specially when im taking macro shots of insects. I will finally get the settings just right when it flies away or a cloud comes over head forcing me to adjust all the settings.

After reading your comment I went and downloaded Photoscape, I will see if i can figure it out.

Kaitlyn(the girl in that video) takes a digital photography college course, she tried to teach me how to use editing software a few times but Im always getting distracted. Plus she has A.D.D. or something she will start explaining something then halfway through she will start talking about pizza, her makeup, her hair, or Spongebob.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
with that second song i thought their was about to be some crazy conspiracy theory video..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great job...it sounds, and looks, to me like you are a natural photographer. You have the "eye" and I think that's is definitely an artistic talent. I recently bought my first quality camera myself, I understand much of your sentiments...
my ratio is about 1 out of 100 too

keep it up, and thank for inspiring to go grab my camera and jump on my motorcycle

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GareyGaia

Thats what spending to much time on ATS will do to you. Thats should be the ATS theme song, sorta makes you think of the end of the world when listening to it

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Great job...it sounds, and looks, to me like you are a natural photographer. You have the "eye" and I think that's is definitely an artistic talent. I recently bought my first quality camera myself, I understand much of your sentiments...
my ratio is about 1 out of 100 too

keep it up, and thank for inspiring to go grab my camera and jump on my motorcycle

Thank you so much. the 2 things I like buying is guns and cameras. Congrats on your first nice camera, they are worth the money. like they say "a picture is worth a thousand words" and if you have a decent camera then its worth about 2 thousand words. Although nowadays alot of these cell phones have some decent cameras and getting close to DSLR capabilities( they actually sell zoom and macro lens attatchments for phones) see for yourself photojojo.com...

Makes me very hapy I could inspire you. I would love to see some of your pics. I like seeing other peoples work, everyone has their own style... taking photos is fun and so is riding a motorcycle but doing them at the same time is a bad idea
even though that would be some cool pics but still not worth your life.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
Great work!

Awesome pics, awesome video!!!!

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I like seeing people actually like it specially because it actually took me almost 2 days to make it, not a genius when it comes to computers. So after all the great comments from everyone and the comment from exdog5 that I inspired him to take photos( to inspire someone has to be the best compliment ever) it was well worth the time. Thank you

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

LOL Trust me, not anybody can take a picture... Take me for example, I draw, paint, I do stained glass, sculpting, almost everything that can be artistically done with two hands; on top of that I'm a graphic designer. And yet, I don't have one decent photo taken since I remember myself. If my life will depend on it I still wouldn't be able to take a good shot. Have no idea why when I hold a camera my brain goes foggy and that's the end of it. I'm a constant joke to everyone who knows me because of that.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

LOL Trust me, not anybody can take a picture... Take me for example, I draw, paint, I do stained glass, sculpting, almost everything that can be artistically done with two hands; on top of that I'm a graphic designer. And yet, I don't have one decent photo taken since I remember myself. If my life will depend on it I still wouldn't be able to take a good shot. Have no idea why when I hold a camera my brain goes foggy and that's the end of it. I'm a constant joke to everyone who knows me because of that.

The camera does most of the work not like painting and sculpting. I cant even imagine how someone can paint or sculp from just a image in their head, I've tried many times to paint or draw a picture and it comes out looking like a 2yr olds finger painting but then again alot of Picasso's look like that
You should post some of your art work, i would really like to see it.

I want to make another video, it was alot of fun. so im in the process of taking more photos but of course nothing is going my way. I blew out my ring light (I need that to take macro pics), I got bit by a spider on my finger when trying to move it to take a photo of it (now my finger is swollen)
, to busy to get out during the "golden hour" ( first and last hour of daylight, thats when the sunlight is perfect for outdoor photography)

and I just got PhotoShop CS6 to edit my photos but instead i've been using to make funny pics. heres one I did of my little sisters boyfriend, I torment that kid
I took a photo of him with a fisheye lens and he looked alienish so this is what I did in photoshop

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Well, an account on Flickr to post some of my works is on my to-do list for a few years now.
I'm quite a private artist, doing this for my own pleasure.
The only art work I posted here is this, and only because it was in a topic about fractals software.

Maybe some day I'll post more....

Oh, that's the thread link.
edit on 24-8-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well, an account on Flickr to post some of my works is on my to-do list for a few years now.
I'm quite a private artist, doing this for my own pleasure.
The only art work I posted here is this, and only because it was in a topic about fractals software.

Maybe some day I'll post more....

Oh, that's the thread link.
edit on 24-8-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

Thats really cool, if i was aable to change the backround on my laptop I would love to use that. I can understand doing doing it for your on pleasure and self satisfaction, but at the same time sharing your work with others can be very rewarding. Having complete strangers compliment you on your hard work feels good.

I have a Flickr account. I like that on your Flickr you can set copyright protection to your stuff so people cant use it as their own. Also if a company or person likes something you have they can send you a offer to buy it from you.

I had a offer by I guess was a someone who worked for the advertising dept for Kodak. They sent me a msg saying they are intersested in that certain photo. I replied how much and what is the photo going to be used for. They said 50usd and they want all copyrights, they said it would be used for Eastern Kodak US( I assume is Kodak) I all my photos are taken with a Canon a few Nikon, I never owned a Kodak. They said that doesnt matter.

Anyway I declined the offer. since they wanted full copyright that means I could never use my own photo on anything like putting it on my facebook. also because the photo was of my wife and she hates kodak
( she bought a kodak point and shoot and it broke 2weeks later and their customer service did absolutly nothing)

so dont trust kodaks ads i bet none of the photos in their ads are taken with a kodak camera

top topics

<< 1   >>

join